“Best service we have ever had!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Negril
“Best service we have ever had!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We went to Sandals Negril for our honeymoon. It was recommended to us by a good friend who has done a lot of traveling. It was a bit of a ride to the hotel from the Montego Bay airport (90 minutes), which I only mention because I get car sick fairly easily. As soon as we got to the hotel we were offered a cold drink and greeted with nothing but smiles. One of my favorite things was how when we arrived at the hotel all of the staff that we crossed paths with would say, "welcome home." I thought that this was a very welcoming addition to our arrival and I really enjoyed it. We had the beach front walk out toon closest to the lobby and we loved the location! We could walk right out our door and get a drink and the bar, pizza, or even soft serve ice cream. You never walk by anyone on this resort without recievin g a welcoming smile and a greeting. Some days we did lots of activities like the tye-dye event, the beach party, and water sports. Other days we just sat at the beach and read. Both were equally enjoyable. We rented a cabana for the day and it had incredible service. One night we went to Margaritaville which was kind of a bust for us. Honestly unless your the super adventurous type, I'd say that there's really no reason to leave the resort because it has so much to offer itself. I hope to one day return to Sandals Negril because we loved it so much!!

• Stayed July 2014
8 Thank MrsSemas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,328)
  • Greek first
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Where do I begin? The food, the staff, the sunset, the service, Sandals was everything, and inarguably the best ever experience I've had in all my 21 years of living. There was a little misunderstanding with the rooms when I checked in but that was speedily put aside and I went off to dinner. Buffet Style at the Bayside Restaurant, I felt lost and awed by the wide variety of international cuisine I had to choose from. Me being a Jamaican decided to stick to the good I know, so I went with what I've had in the past. The food was excellent on the first night and the entertainment accentuated it all. The room in which I stayed, ha, a mirror with lights in the bathroom, I was wowed and I took as many selfies as I could because the lighting was perfect. Room service came in handy on those nights when I just wanted to stay in my room and relax. Having the food delivered by the most polite and hospitable staff members, I felt like royalty.

The front desk receptionists were so warm and friendly and I make speaicla mention of Kemorine and Natatia, I will certainly miss them. If I needed assistance with anything, it was their priority. The guy who brought my luggage to my room when I just checked in, George I think his name is, he was sinfully polite, and I was greeted with a smile each time we passed each other. The water sports co-ordinators, they made me feel extra special and tended to on my kayaking experience and I was always greeted with a "how're you doing" thereon. The photographers, Keron and Andrew to be specific, you guys did a wonderful job creating the photo I've longed to perfect, thank you guys so much. The ladies in the photoshop, thank you too.

From the bartenders to the groundsmen, security guards and room attendants, and all other persons who are apart of the sandals team, you made my experience very satisfying, it was way more than I ever imagined. Special mention to the executive chef Alex Jakovleski, he was absolutely accommodating in my interview with him, such a character with a dashing sense of humor.

There is so much to say but I will leave the rest for you to experience on your own. Sandals Negril is the place to stay when vacationing in Jamaica, take my words for it.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide the best views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Nick M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

After flying the 2hrs and 30 mins to the airport we got off the plane and waited in line at customs for over an hour! That was ridiculous! There was no system to the airport once so ever! Then after getting our bags we get to the private sandals room and barely walk in when they are rushing us to the transport bus! We had no time to get a drink or sit for a minute! The girl at the airport that took our bags to the bus was very rude and flat said I carry your bag you tip! I'm totally ok with tipping but it was not needed for her to tell me to do so!

The drive to the resort was ok! Loved seeing the country but after the all day traveling we just wanted to get to the resort! We get there and are welcome with open arms!! This automatically gave us high expectations! They take us upstairs to room full with 10 people and offer us a drink and snack! We ask right away if we could upgrade rooms to a butler suite! We had paid for the ocean front view but has hopes of upgraded once there as we has done this in Mexico! We highly discourage to upgrade and were told our room was fine! We had the cash money on hand to pay and they wouldn't let us! We get to our room and it was ok average! So it is late when we arrive so dinner options are slightly limited! We go to the barefoot on beach restaurant! The food was ok but the waiter Jeffery was great! We then get back to our room to go bed and the toilet is broke and won't quit running! Call to get it fixed and no one came! Call an hour later and still no one came! Finally at 1100 pm a guy came and then had to go get parts! It was very late going to bed that night after flying all day!

The mini ridge in the room never got restocked till last day of our trip when it should have been restocked everyday! The food was average and nothing really stood out as great! There was really no entertainment! You had to find stuff to do yourself! No one every came
By while we were on the beach to offer us drinks I had to go get my own and basically serve my own at the coke machine by the beach Bristro the whole time! The staff was not very helpful at all!! They could have cared less about us! To get a beach towel you had to walk up to the pool and back down to the beach but down by the butler suite they had a clean towel holder on the beach and people asking if they wanted drinks! I felt that since I didn't have a butler I was not important at this resort! And I wanted to upgrade to butler but they wouldn't let me!

The worst thing of the whole trip we came back to our room on night four after being at the beach all day to get ready for dinner! It is 430 in the afternoon and no one had cleaned our room! We had been gone all day and came back to a dirty room! We had pictures at 6 and no clean towels to get ready with! Call the concierge ( which by the way was never around or available when you needed something) and was able to get some towels! But then as we are getting ready they show up three times to clean the room after we had already told them 6pm to come back! My husband was so upset at this point he went to the manager! She offered 75 dollars credited to our bill! Then we get back to room after dinner and for
The first time our whole five day trip since arrival they made a towel animal and put flowers and a cheese tray on the bed and turned down our sheets! They hadn't even turned down the sheets the whole trip! We were over it until we got into bed and saw a stain from the breakfast I had ate in the bed from that morning! They didn't even change the sheets!! We get to check our the next morning and they didn't even credit us our 75 dollars! So we had to go through all that again and then go to pay with cash and credit and the girl didn't know how to do that so we got pushed to the back of the line!

We went down to beaches one day while we were there and had a better experience down there then at our own resort! The food was better the people more willing to help!! And we paid more money for the private no kids get away!! Waste of money!! I had a better time and was treated better for 2000 dollars in Mexico!! There was a few great people at this resort! Jason and micheal bartenders at the piano bar, Sherri Ann at the sundowner! And Jeffery at the barefoot restaurant! Sandals has a high expectation in the us and for my first sandals experience I don't believe we will go back! And if we do it will be with butler service since they get taken care of better!!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ashpeter00
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hello and thank you for your review.
We were so disappointed to learn that you did not fully enjoy your stay at Sandals Negril. We strive to uphold the highest standards of service and quality. Our staff goes through 120 hours of rigorous training each year to ensure we are providing excellent guest experiences. We have many guests that boast of our luxurious inclusions, water sports, fine dining, accommodations and quality of staff but as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and your feedback is appreciated, as this is the means by which we are able to amend any possible shortcomings in our vacation package.
We want to make sure future guests do not have similar feedback and we will notify the appropriate departments of your remarks for immediate evaluation and action as needed. If you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team by email at customerservice@grp.sandals.com and they will be more than happy to assist.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This vacation had so many memories concluded! My sister just got married there and we couldn't have gotten it done without Suan! She was wonderful and so helpful to make her day special. All the staff was wonderful but Ian at Barefoot by the sea was very helpful and friendly. You could always hold a conversation with him and would do anything that was needed!! The bartenders were also very helpful and liked to make you have a good time including Dean, Khani, and Andrew. With a big group of people we brought they sure knew how to keep us busy and having a great time!! The resort was great with all of the activities that we did and the instructions given to help us out. Robert was a great help with the glass bottom boat and kayaking and Orlando was great with everyone snorkeling. I recommend this resort to anyone thinking about visiting Jamaica!! It's a place to remember and everyone working there made it so memorable! Ya mon!!

Room Tip: We had had the basic room, which you could hear a lot of traffic, so I would choose an upgraded room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Chelsp30
Fort Recovery, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We just recently went to Jamaica for the wedding of our daughter and son in law. The ceremony was held on the beach with close family and friends and it couldn't have been more beautiful. Suan, their wedding planner , couldn't have been more organized and conscientious . Her outstanding work and planning made my daughter's special day one all us of us will never forget. The resort is beautiful and well maintained , the rooms are clean, the housekeeping staff did a great job of keeping our room stocked. There is several restaurants to choose from and the food was very good, the chef always made a point to see if you were satisfied. The restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and generous. They always greeted you with a smile and assisted you with whatever you needed. Just to name a few, Ian and Geoffrey at the Barefoot by the Sea restaurant, Kendra at the Bayside, and all the bartenders especially Dean, Andrew and Khani. They went out their way to make our stay fun and enjoyable. There is lots of included activities going on day and night and the staff was always available to assist, Robert was one those such individuals. This was a vacation packed with memories and the sandals staff couldn't have made our stay more comfortable.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a patio that faces the beach, close to the swim up pool bar is a nice location.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lori P
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were not sure about an "all-inclusive" but were pleasantly surprised. Everything was great once we figured out to ask for the newer renovated rooms. The best part was the service. We have never had better service and would like to mention a few that stand out: Bobby, Andrew, Billy, Natalie, Kendra, Donovan, Maxine, Dwayne. The food was great! Wish there was more beach to walk along but still enjoyed the beach. Overall, we had a wonderful, relaxing time!

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bob-n-Deb2014
Seymour, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

WOW! What a wonderful vacation! =) It was the first vacation that my husband and I took without our two boys (21 and 18). So we went all out and stayed 10 days! My husband and I had the time of our life.

Food: We ate lobster 3 times.Twice at the Italian restaurant (Cucino Romana) and once at the returning guest party. We ate at each of the restaurants and enjoyed them all. If you do not like waiting, I recommend eating between 6 and 7. Also, then you will not miss the nightly entertainment which was always fun! The breakfast buffet was a yummy way to start our day.The lunch and dinner buffets had a great variety of fresh fruit, veggies, meat, etc and everything was nicely labeled. We do not normally eat dessert, but this place changed us. They were phenomenal and worth every calorie!! We loved the beach bistro, and I do believe I tried everything on that menu! Even the hot dog was amazing, which had barbecued jerk pork on top, and I never eat hot dogs! The jerk chicken was to die for. It was a great place to eat if you were running late and missed the buffet, or if you were starving at 11:00 pm. ;)

Drinks: Dirty Banana (need I say more?).

Activities: We did three activities a day, although chairs were always available if we had desired to just lay around and drink tropical drinks all day. We liked: Paddle boards, kayaking, snorkeling, wind sailing, walks along the beach and swimming. But our favorite activity was learning how to scuba dive for life! Wayne Foster was our certification instructor and he has a smile that warms the heavens. Such a great guy. We were very nervous on day 1, and he took care of us and made us feel safe. He is such a sweet man. And God sent us dolphins, which stopped to say, "hello" just ten feet in front of us! Kemar Ritchie took care of us on day two, and he is also an amazing person and staff member. Both of them would always greet us with a smile and make us feel comfortable and welcome. We are now friends on Facebook because we liked them so much! :) "Smiley" was the photographer that would go on the dives with us, and he is just adorable. He has the worlds largest, most beautiful smile...he should be on t.v. with that smile, and his heart is just as big.

Excursions: We took a catamaran to Rick's cafe, where my husband and I jumped off a 60 foot cliff into the water (mid life crisis?). What a rush. Then it went to Margaritaville where we enjoyed an amazing Margarita of course! We enjoyed the company of two found friends, Patti and Alex! :)

We also went to a Jamaican church on Sunday, and we praised the Lord with a house full of friendly Jamaican souls that were beyond happy to have us as their guests. It was so humbling, and it confirmed to me that money does not buy happiness, God does.

Staff: I would like to throw a special shout out to Jason Simmones, the bartender. He was finishing his training while we were there and he won our hearts the first night of our visit. This in turn set the stage for an amazing ten day vacation. I sure hope Sandals hires Jason. What a loss it would be if they did not! I hope to see him when we return. =)

Edward, the hotel manager, was always visible and friendly. Our maid Allison, always left our room beautiful, clean, and accented with her incredible animal figures (designed from towels). We took pictures of all of them! Thank you, Allison!

Thank you Sandals, Negril, for making our anniversary so special! We will for sure come back, because we miss you so much!

Stefani and Wade

Tips: At night, before dinner, squirt a little insect repellent on your lower legs and ankles. This is a tropical environment and mosquito's can not be avoided. Most of the restaurants are open air, and I love sitting on the outskirts closest to the ocean, where you can feel the ocean breeze, and that was the time I would get bit. A few sprays is all it took to alleviate the problem. Sunset pictures: Except their invitation. It was Jerome (or Jeremy) who took our amazing sunset pictures. We have gotten so many complements on them. Definitely have these done!

Room Tip: Paradise rooms are amazing. Next year they will have real balcony's, not French balcony's. T...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank sskogman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Montego Bay
Sandals Montego Bay
#9 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,158 reviews

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!