Shocked to read some of these recent reviews when we thought our stay at this resort was remarkable. Upon arriving at the property, we were greated right off the plane and received free drinks at the Sandals Lounge in Montego Bay. They took care of our bags and I walked onto the van for the 1 hour ride with a beer in hand. The driver was welcoming and the drive was no problem at all since it hugs the coast and was incredibly easy and quick.
Upon our arrival, we were shocked to see that the property is exactly as it appears in the pictures. The pool is beautiful and the lobby is big yet welcoming. We were welcomed by Charlene, our helpful concierge where more drinks and finger foods were available. This was the start of what I believe was continual great service as the staff went out of their way to make our stay that much better.
We stayed in a Beachfront room which I would recommend in that it has conceirge service who plans activities for you. In my opinion, the butlers are not truly that necessary since everything is at your fingertips in the first place. Being on the first floor which is recommended is the way to go since one can walk stright out onto the beach. And the beach is really what you are there for. Now, granted the rooms aren't exactly luxury suites but then again, why would anyone want to be in their room. It's 85 degrees out everything is in reach. But the rooms had a comfortable bed, and the staff was in there twice to make sure it was clean at all times. If you are going to this resort to stay in a five star hotel room, this is not the place for you.
Anyway, the beach chairs were fairly easy to get and we asked the security guard to save us two seats each morning and they had no problem with that. There were other activities to take part in as well..including games by the pool and other sports and recreation games. The best thing that we did without question was purchase a cabana right on the water for 125 dollars that included full butler service from 9 to 9. It was well worth the spoiling. In Miami, this same service would be at least a grand.
We took part in a couple of tours which were cool. We recommend the trip to Ricks cafe which is a must. Though getting a cab there may be a bit cheaper and easier cause you can come and go as you please. We did the river walk as well which was a cool experience with a great lunch. For the experience that is recommended as well.
Our only negatives were the photographers around the resort who constantly ask to take your photo. They are pleasant but they charge an arm and a leg for the pictures. I believe 95 dollars for five pictures was a tad out of control. Also, love to see a bit more activities at the pool with the fitness staff but thats nitpicking.
Other recommendations include getting a night at Kimonos. Ask for Jermaine to cook your food. Man is hysterical and was put on the earth to make you laugh.
Lastly, get to the pool bar and ask for a Jamaican Smile. Andrew is the best waiter there who always has a smile on his face. Then again, everyone does.
We thought it was perfect. Vacation is what you make of it obviously but everything there is so beautiful that I find it impossible to have a bad time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort