We have been to Negril on numerous occasions. First time at Beaches Negril.
Beaches Negril is situated on a gorgeous beach and the friendliness of the staff towards guests and especially towards the children is exceptional. Had to use the on premisis medical services while there and they too were just amazing.
Things that need updating/improving. 1. The pools - very dated and too deep for small children. Waterslides were great but if you weren't 42" then you really had no place to play. The pools are oddly situated and have really few places sit. Was unfortunate. Sun beds - plenty on the beach - few by the pools. 2. Towels - no where to be found. We spent an hour each and everyday looking for towels. When travelling with 3 young children, the last thing you want to be doing in the scorching hot sun is searching for towels. Was frustruating. When we would ask for towels, no one knew when the fresh ones would be coming.
3. Food and Service at the Mill - not very good. Food choices were limited, often found it hard to find food for the children - thank goodness for the sliced cucumbers on the salad bar. The children's "food" was not appetizing - hot dogs floating in grease etc. Fries were good. Fruit was limited and the staff in the food area at the Mill was not friendly at all. (The Buffet at the RIu Negril is 100 times better than at Beaches) On only 1 of the 5 nights we were there were we asked if we'd like a beverage at dinner. Disappointing. The food at Seville(the Italian restaurant) was great, but the wait to get in was ridiculous (they didn't accept reservations).
Can not compare to Beeches Turks and Caicos in terms of food choices and quality.
4. If you want to reserve a cabana on the beach do it the second you arrive. Were were promised a cabana for two days. The concierge verbally confirmed. When we went to find our Cabana we found out they were all booked as he neglected to make our reservation. Would have been great for the kids, guaranteed place to have shade - and they bring you towels too!
Oh and be forewarned...take a look at the balcony doors and "windows". Some of the loovers do not have glass behind them...big holes for huge beetles and mosquitos to enter your room. Pull the drapes back when you get there. We were on main level and had huge creepy crawly visitors everynight. Once we finally caught on we stuffed towels at the base of the doors to minimize what came into the toom. Opt for 2nd floor suites or even 3rd (keep in mind stairs only, no elevator for strollers).
The room itself was VERY clean, no complaints - mini fridge always stocked, nice flat screen TV....
Still love Negril but will try somewhere new next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Located on the widest stretch of Negril's seven mile white sand beach•Stay at one, play at two with full exchange privileges with Beaches Sandy Bay including a choice of 11 dining options•“Pirates Island” Water Theme Park with 4 slides, meandering “lazy” river and splash deck•Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street themed activities with daily character appearances, parades and stage shows•Kids Kamp & Nursery with wide range of supervised activities•Interactive Teens Program with “Trench Town” Teen's Center and Teens' Coordinator to coordinate teen activities•Expansive Two & Three Bedroom Butler serviced suites•Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV's & Xbox® 360 game consoles•Beaches Resorts were voted “World's Leading Family All-Inclusive 14 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award, Beaches Resorts – Keeping it Green•EarthCheck Platinum Certified ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Beaches Negril Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Negril Hotel Negril
- Beaches Hotel Negril
- Negril Beaches Hotel