We have stayed at Beaches T&C (family of 6) 35 nights over the last decade, but have never been to Beaches Negril until the first week of September 2013. We had booked this trip twice in the last 10 years, but always canceled and gone back to Turks, as we absolutely love that resort. But from the moment we arrived, we regretted ever having canceled this trip. Beaches Negril is AWESOME! Starting at the airport, the Beaches reception area was exceptional and could not do enough for our family. We had heard and read horror stories of the drive from Montego to Negril, but it was quick and painless, arriving at the resort in just over an hour. Upon arrival, the staff that greeted us could not have been nicer or more attentive. Natalie in the Concierge Suite was particularly welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The reception area was beautiful and well-appointed. But what stuck my entire family and me immediately and throughout our entire stay was the way that the staff bent over backwards to ensure we had everything we needed right from the get-go. I cannot say enough about that, and it reminded me of the reception we received the FIRST time we went to Turks, which we all agreed fell off on each subsequent visit to that resort. Beaches Negril clearly out-performes Beaches T&C in terms of service and attentiveness. Not even close!
Now onto the resort itself:
1. Food - Kimonos and the Venetian are the 2 places to go for dinner. The Mill and Arizona Grill are great for lunch, and the Stewfish Beach restaurant is fantastic for breakfast. Elrey at the Mill is the most courteous, efficient server we have ever encountered at an all-inclusive resort. Suzan also went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed, The Cafe de Paris pales in comparison to Turks, but is open early and closes late, and is still a good place to get a Latte or Cappuicino virtually anytime of day. You can get fantastic jerk chicken or burgers well into the wee hours at the BBQ Grill. The Pizzas at Dinos were FABULOUS. Order the 4 cheese or jerk chicken pies. You wont be disappointed!
OVERALL: Turks cuisine is superior, but not by that much.
2. Water Sports - Included is everything that Turks offers (Snorkeling, Catamaran, Kayaking, water bikes, etc.), PLUS water-skiing, banana boat rides, and a glass bottom boat tour. If you get itchy for Parasailing and/or Jet-skis, negotiate with the people who operate these services, and you can get a great deal. The people who operate theses services do NOT hassle you or make you uncomfortable if you are not interested. Also, see the "shell guy" for a great deal on conch shells! The snorkeling is not as good as Turks, but where in the world is? Still, it was very good.
OVERALL: Negril has more to offer in terms of water sports and activities, but the reefs cant compare.
3. Bars/Drinks - The resort only offers 2 swim-up bars as it is much smaller than Turks, but the bar at the main pool by Dinos is by far the best on the resort. Oneil is the BEST resort bartender I have ever met, and he will make you ANYTHING! Damien is his well-versed sidekick who also makes a wicked cocktail! Durval at the pool table bar also receives honorable mention, along with June at the Stewfish bar on the beach. These staff members truly enjoy their jobs and cannot treat you well enough.
OVERALL: You have more bar choices at Turks, but it is always so crowded its almost impossible to get a drink in a timely way. Also, Turks uses plastic solo 4 oz cups that end up at the pool bottom by the end of the day. Negril uses legit glasses. Advantage Negril.
4. Entertainment/Activities - The Sesame Street characters we always visible, and lots of pool activities ran throughout the day. The shows in the evening were very good, Mini Golf was well-lit and a lot of fun. The lazy river was relaxing and the water slides were fun. It cannot compare to the water park at Turks, but because the resort is much smaller, its all relative. Not nearly as much as Turks offers, but not nearly as crowed either.
OVERALL: Relatively speaking, its about even. More to do at Turks, but way more people to navigate around.
5. Spa/Gym: Both facilities offer world class Spa facilities and workout areas, but in terms of overall access, ease of use and cleanliness, I give the nod to Negril. The whirlpool located directly in the middle of the gym and showers was a real treat. Turks has the hot/cold plunging pools to counter the whirlpool at Negril, but the layout at Negril is just better.
OVERALL: Negril wins, but just barely.
6. Service/Housekeeping: NOT EVEN CLOSE! Its a slam-dunk for Negril. The staff caters to your every need, and housekeeping keeps the bar stocked and the beds made all day, every day.
OVERALL: Negril by a long shot.
In closing, we found the Negril resort easier to navigate, more accessible, and just generally easier to negotiate in almost every aspect. Keep in mind, both resorts are world-class, exceptional resorts unparalleled for families. The food is a step above in Turks, but we did not even come close to getting sick at any time during or after our stay, unlike our visit to Punta Cana. Jamaica gets a bad rap in my opinion. The people were terrific, and we never once felt unsafe. Security was always present, but never made you feel uneasy about your surroundings. We postponed Negril way too long, and we will be back! Thank you Beaches Negril!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Located on the widest stretch of Negril's seven mile white sand beach•Stay at one, play at two with full exchange privileges with Beaches Sandy Bay including a choice of 11 dining options•“Pirates Island” Water Theme Park with 4 slides, meandering “lazy” river and splash deck•Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street themed activities with daily character appearances, parades and stage shows•Kids Kamp & Nursery with wide range of supervised activities•Interactive Teens Program with “Trench Town” Teen's Center and Teens' Coordinator to coordinate teen activities•Expansive Two & Three Bedroom Butler serviced suites•Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV's & Xbox® 360 game consoles•Beaches Resorts were voted “World's Leading Family All-Inclusive 14 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award, Beaches Resorts – Keeping it Green•EarthCheck Platinum Certified ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travelbag, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Beaches Negril Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Negril Hotel Negril
- Beaches Hotel Negril
- Negril Beaches Hotel