“Best Family Trip Ever!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 September 2013

You can't get a better experience from check-in to check-out. The staff is more than amazing at every level and they make a point to remember your name. The entertainment team (Caffery) were energetic and outgoing.The entertainment was diverse and great for every member of the family. My son Henry especially enjoyed the Safari show and the Beach party. The beach and water are crystal clear and the water sports are super fun. We loved the snorkeling and having someone in the water (Sharen) taking pictures for us was an added bonus. The rooms are spacious and the views are always good. Our housekeeping team (Cashira) was top notch and surprised us with fun towel animals each day. We enjoyed the food and restaurants and got some special Jamaican meals from Winston at the grill. Just an amazing trip with so many great memories.

Room Tip: We like staying at the ends of the resort toward the water sports office. Quiet and close to the poo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Monica, thank you for your review. We're absolutely thrilled that you and your family had a fabulous vacation at Beaches Negril. We offer luxurious and exciting amenities but we'd be nothing without our incredible staff. They are always so eager to make your vacation the best stay ever.

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

You need to go to Beaches Negril and see for yourself. I had a wonderful time!!! Beaches resort takes care of you from beginning to end. From the minute we arrived we didn't have to worry about a thing.
There is so much to do at Beaches. I mostly had fun in the water sports area. If you go see Big Rick at the water sports, he is one heck of a nice guy. I am sure that he will take good care of you. Alrick & Howard were also great, very helpful, happy and ready to do anything to make you happy. Actually everyone at the resort did their best to assure you have a wonderful time. Omer the MC was awesome :) and his friend Teno very nice.
I think the food was very good, I asked for some Jamaican food and the chief was happy to make some special dishes for me. Not much of a drinker but the "Fairy Princess with a bit of vodka was really good.
I thought that the resort was awesome the people very friendly and wanted everyone to have a great time. I give it a 10! There is nothing like an All Inclusive Resort, you don't worry about anything. Transferred from the Airport to the resort, luggage taken care of, greeted with a lovely lemongrass smelling cold cloth. taken to your room with a bit of an orientation of the Resort. Just totally awesome. Love this Resort and everyone who works here made my stay wonderful!

Room Tip: I wouldn't get a connecting room if you are not with another family.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

We're so happy you had an amazing stay at Beaches Negril! You're right, our staff does what it takes to ensure that everyone is relaxed and having a great time. I'm so glad your vacation not only met your expectations but also exceeded them.

Thank you for your review. We hope to get the chance to offer you an even better vacation in the future!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was a really weir trip and most of that is because of me. I am a gay man in my mid 30's the went to a family resort. Just wanted a nice safe place in Jamaica that was all-inclusive. oh and I went by myself. The hotel and food was average, the drinks were good. The beach was small not like the D.R. Or Mexico. But every one was really friendly. But I did not know before the trip that Jamaica does NOT like gay people or VERY white people and I am both so I wasn't very popular. there were male and female hookers every outside the hotel that wouldn't leave me alone which really freaked me out. But the hotel is nice for families with kids not singles especially gay singles. It was very run of the mill for me I have been to the carribean many times. Never again

Room Tip: Get a room looking at the water.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank RyanF861
Reviewed 13 September 2013

All I can say is Wow! Well maybe I can expand on that! We had been planning our trip to Beaches, Negril for years. I spent more hours than I care to say browsing the website and Trip Advisor for as much info as I could get. I was hoping for the best, but not expecting what we got. All the pictures, all the great reviews didn't do it justice. The rooms we had (3 bedroom butler suite) were beautifully decorated and so very clean. They weren't just clean when we arrived, but were thoroughly cleaned each day.
We arrived quite early in the day, and our rooms were not ready, but our butler (Ricardo & Richard, you're the best) took us to Arizonas for a wonderful lunch. When we finished eating we were told that our rooms were ready and escorted there. Our bags were already there. The room met every expectation. The furniture was very pretty and elegant, the linens top-notch! The rooms were each stocked with every beverage imaginable. I am not a drinker, but I imagine anyone who does enjoy drinking would be thrilled! But it wasn't only alcohol; there was also sodas, juices and even (at my request) milk.
The restaurants were amazing. The Venetian was lovely and elegant, and the food fantastic. The Mill was a wonderful place for breakfast and lunch & dinner. Kimonos was fun and the food was great. We did tend to stay away from Dinos, as it was by the main pool, and the area around there tended to have a lot of smokers. I only regret that we waited til our last night to eat at Stewfish. The food was amazing. We had shrimp and lobster kabobs as we watched the sun set. We ate lunch many days at Arizonas. The food was good and it was convenient to the beach. Were sorry that Stewfish wasn't open for lunch as it is directly on the beach. I would think that it should be open for lunch.
Our butlers, Ricardo and Richard were amazing! They did so much to make our trip special. Thank you!
The watersports were great. We snorkeled a lot and the guides and captains were great! Thank you to Howard, Ricardo and Sharren (OB)! You guys made our trip even better than we imagined!
The beauty of 7 Mile Beach cannot be expressed in words. The water is beautiful and the sand soft and clean. The waterslides were a lot of fun. I wish they'd get a flowrider like Turks & Caicos.
Most of the waiters and waitresses and bartenders were fantastic. We did encounter a few that seemed like they'd rather not be there, but I won't mention names.
Candice did a great job on our photo shoot. And Sharren took some great underwater and catamaran photos! Sharren we miss you!
The only thing I would change I their policy on smoking. I wish they would have designated smoking areas so that my family would not have to be breathing in other peoples' cigarette smoke. After paying what we paid for this trip, I didn't appreciate having to leave our beach chairs and go elsewhere because the people next to us were smoking. Perhaps a smoking area and a non smoking area on the beach would be a good idea. Also, the areas around the pools and especially the swim up bar at the main pool had smokers. We had to avoid the main pool altogether. Being a family resort with many young children, it surprised me that they did not have a no smoking policy. I even encountered smoke in the "Big Top", the area where the shows are performed, as people were smoking at the bar. Here in NJ there is no smoking in public places, even in bars. So this was a disappointment.
But I don't want to end on a sour note. We did have a wonderful time and I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Get a Butler Suite, even if you have to save up and wait an extra year. It's worth the $$. The B...
3  Thank Donna R
Reviewed 12 September 2013

From the minute we arrived to the time we came home it was just awesome.. We arrived in Jamaica went thru customs and then to the Beaches Lounge where we greeted by a Beaches Rep.escorted into Beautiful Air Conditioned Lounge offered drinks and they took care of our luggage. We were then taken to a shuttle bus and that drove us to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa it took about an Hour and a half... Went by fast though... When we arrived at the Resort We were greeted with a cold wash and a warm friendly welcome then taken to the Concierge Lounge which I highly recommend upgrading to, greeted by Courtney who I must say he went ABOVE and BEYOND all my expectations to make sure everything was just perfect for us. Offered drinks and cookies or fruit. We waited about 2 Hours for our room ( well worth the wait Room 328 Corner room overlooking Water and Garden Just Beautiful) but during that time We were escorted thru the resort on a tour of the grounds with Camille. We had stopped at the Bar BQ Park for some food and were taken care of by a Fine Man Named WINSTON!!! He cooked the most amazing dishes for us our whole week that we were there. The other Restaurant I recommend is The Arizona.. CATHERINE the Hostess was so sweet to us our whole vacation, so friendly always making sure we were okay. .. Our favorite server was MICHELLE, again just so courteous, friendly and so sweet to our family.. Before we left we felt like we have known both of them our whole lives... The Mill was buffet we went there for breakfast everyday.. Good food. Cafe paris GREAT Coffee and Desserts.. Kimmonis was okay..Did not go to venetcian . The Pizza at Dino's was also amazing -Marcello was a very friendly man too. ( made it a point to come talk to us) The bartenders were all amazing- Oneil (poolside by the Mill) never forgot our names from the minute we met him until the day we left.. Took great pride in his job great guy. Poolside bartenders Damian also very friendly, To many to list the only problem at the poolbar near the Arizonia were the Bees at the pop fountain.. Lots of bees around.. The Bartenders on the Beach were all great too. At the Big Top where they had different shows every night was also a wonderful time .. Lifeguard OShane wonderful person.. Very friendly..The pools were kept very clean.. The Beaches were all well groomed and very clean. Water Sports- Captain Howard on the Snorkel Trips recommend going on all of them to truly enjoy... Lots to do at Beaches.. for all ages. My 16 year old met alot of kids his age and went to teen night every night. We did not go to the fitness room but it was very well kept. Kids camp looked like alot of fun for little ones. When it rained we would sit under the huts on the beach and take naps or just enjoy it. It doesn't last that long.. Bug spray at night I highly recommend.. there are cats that roam around but they dont bother anyone .. The vendors that walk the beach are not to bothersome as long as you tell them not interested they don't bother you, some are actually nice to talk to.. I would highly recommend Beaches Negril Resort and Spa for a vacation.. Upgrade to Concierge service too well worth it.. All the staff at every place we went were all Friendly and just so considerate to truly make sure you enjoyed yourself and remind you that your on vacation, you do NOTHING they do all for you... Thank you for just a wonderful family vacation that was truly amazing and unforgettable...

Room Tip: Santa Cruz Room 328...Corner Suite with Balcony just PERFECT..
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We have stayed at Beaches T&C (family of 6) 35 nights over the last decade, but have never been to Beaches Negril until the first week of September 2013. We had booked this trip twice in the last 10 years, but always canceled and gone back to Turks, as we absolutely love that resort. But from the moment we arrived, we regretted ever having canceled this trip. Beaches Negril is AWESOME! Starting at the airport, the Beaches reception area was exceptional and could not do enough for our family. We had heard and read horror stories of the drive from Montego to Negril, but it was quick and painless, arriving at the resort in just over an hour. Upon arrival, the staff that greeted us could not have been nicer or more attentive. Natalie in the Concierge Suite was particularly welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The reception area was beautiful and well-appointed. But what stuck my entire family and me immediately and throughout our entire stay was the way that the staff bent over backwards to ensure we had everything we needed right from the get-go. I cannot say enough about that, and it reminded me of the reception we received the FIRST time we went to Turks, which we all agreed fell off on each subsequent visit to that resort. Beaches Negril clearly out-performes Beaches T&C in terms of service and attentiveness. Not even close!

Now onto the resort itself:
1. Food - Kimonos and the Venetian are the 2 places to go for dinner. The Mill and Arizona Grill are great for lunch, and the Stewfish Beach restaurant is fantastic for breakfast. Elrey at the Mill is the most courteous, efficient server we have ever encountered at an all-inclusive resort. Suzan also went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed, The Cafe de Paris pales in comparison to Turks, but is open early and closes late, and is still a good place to get a Latte or Cappuicino virtually anytime of day. You can get fantastic jerk chicken or burgers well into the wee hours at the BBQ Grill. The Pizzas at Dinos were FABULOUS. Order the 4 cheese or jerk chicken pies. You wont be disappointed!
OVERALL: Turks cuisine is superior, but not by that much.

2. Water Sports - Included is everything that Turks offers (Snorkeling, Catamaran, Kayaking, water bikes, etc.), PLUS water-skiing, banana boat rides, and a glass bottom boat tour. If you get itchy for Parasailing and/or Jet-skis, negotiate with the people who operate these services, and you can get a great deal. The people who operate theses services do NOT hassle you or make you uncomfortable if you are not interested. Also, see the "shell guy" for a great deal on conch shells! The snorkeling is not as good as Turks, but where in the world is? Still, it was very good.
OVERALL: Negril has more to offer in terms of water sports and activities, but the reefs cant compare.

3. Bars/Drinks - The resort only offers 2 swim-up bars as it is much smaller than Turks, but the bar at the main pool by Dinos is by far the best on the resort. Oneil is the BEST resort bartender I have ever met, and he will make you ANYTHING! Damien is his well-versed sidekick who also makes a wicked cocktail! Durval at the pool table bar also receives honorable mention, along with June at the Stewfish bar on the beach. These staff members truly enjoy their jobs and cannot treat you well enough.
OVERALL: You have more bar choices at Turks, but it is always so crowded its almost impossible to get a drink in a timely way. Also, Turks uses plastic solo 4 oz cups that end up at the pool bottom by the end of the day. Negril uses legit glasses. Advantage Negril.

4. Entertainment/Activities - The Sesame Street characters we always visible, and lots of pool activities ran throughout the day. The shows in the evening were very good, Mini Golf was well-lit and a lot of fun. The lazy river was relaxing and the water slides were fun. It cannot compare to the water park at Turks, but because the resort is much smaller, its all relative. Not nearly as much as Turks offers, but not nearly as crowed either.
OVERALL: Relatively speaking, its about even. More to do at Turks, but way more people to navigate around.

5. Spa/Gym: Both facilities offer world class Spa facilities and workout areas, but in terms of overall access, ease of use and cleanliness, I give the nod to Negril. The whirlpool located directly in the middle of the gym and showers was a real treat. Turks has the hot/cold plunging pools to counter the whirlpool at Negril, but the layout at Negril is just better.
OVERALL: Negril wins, but just barely.

6. Service/Housekeeping: NOT EVEN CLOSE! Its a slam-dunk for Negril. The staff caters to your every need, and housekeeping keeps the bar stocked and the beds made all day, every day.
OVERALL: Negril by a long shot.

In closing, we found the Negril resort easier to navigate, more accessible, and just generally easier to negotiate in almost every aspect. Keep in mind, both resorts are world-class, exceptional resorts unparalleled for families. The food is a step above in Turks, but we did not even come close to getting sick at any time during or after our stay, unlike our visit to Punta Cana. Jamaica gets a bad rap in my opinion. The people were terrific, and we never once felt unsafe. Security was always present, but never made you feel uneasy about your surroundings. We postponed Negril way too long, and we will be back! Thank you Beaches Negril!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Santa Cruz complex with an ocean view. Close to everything, would stay there again...
36  Thank Ray H
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My family (wife, daughter 12 and son 6) were at the resort for a destination wedding. The wedding itself was great, right on the beach for the ceremony and reception. But the time we spent both before and after the wedding along with other extended family members was truly a memorable experience. My son had a fantastic time between the waterslide, lazy river, pool and beach. He never attended the kids club but really did not need to. He made many friends (the place is after all crawling with kids). They entertained each other for hours on end. The rest of the family spent a lot of time on the beach. We participated in many watersports. The highlight of the trip for me was my first time diving with the scuba experience. A full liscense is now on my bucket list. We also had family outings to Rick's Cafe for cliff jumping (what a rush) and a long road trip to Dunn's River Falls but such an amazing activity, it's well worth the trip.
Food was excellent. I dined at Stewfish more than anywhere else. But the Jamaica night spread in The Mill was honestly sinful. I ate more than any human being should be allowed. I will not forget the conch soup.
I can honestly say that we did not have a bad interaction with any staff. Everyone was always concerned about our "happiness" and did everything they could. Lorenzo at the swim up bar was phenominal. The guys at the watersports were fantastic. Everything worked in our room.
The only downside was something that Beaches could not control, the weather. There were torrential downpours every late afternoon and it did cancel some activities. But it gave us breaks from the very intense sunshine. I assume the rain increased the bugs but this is no different than where we live in Canada so we were prepared with sprays just as we were with sunblock.
Overall an excellent time had by all and that is never easy with the age separation of our kids. I must confess to a bit of sticker shock when we looked at prices. But as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for and we definitely received value for money!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aldershot_Family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The Cliff Hotel
The Cliff Hotel
#3 of 80 in Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!