“my stay at beaches negril february 2014”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Simcoe, Canada
“my stay at beaches negril february 2014”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

id like to start out by saying thank you to the staff of beaches negril.
from the point we arrived at beaches negril in jamaica, we were welcomed with open arms. as soon as we got off our mini bus a gentle men by the name of dalton who was a bus boy, said to us welcome home, which is a very common saying from many people there. but dalton 100% made us feel like it was home all week long with a morning greeting by name.
with this being said there were many positive thing about this resort and a few negatives, like every place you visit. this is my opinion.
beaches negril is a beautiful resort, with an amazing beach. i found that there were alot of things that need to be updated, but with that being said, they are in the middle of renovating rooms and many things around the resort. i think the resort is about 17 years old, so expect to see a 17 year old facility. a few things that disappointed me were small. but when you pay the amount that we did for an all inclusive resort, i was thrown off that if we wanted to have breakfast with the sesame street people, we had to pay extra for this, and im not tallking 10 20 dollars, it was big bucks.and with a family of nine, it was not possible for us to go, and thats hard to explain to my three year old daughter and her 5 year old cousin. i also found that with these sesame street friends, they were only available every now and then, and abby was very stand offish. my daughter wanted to see and meet her so bad, but everytime she had the chance she would take off. so the breakfast thing was my biggest disappointment. that and the entertainment staff was a bit lack. the big top (stage area) needs work with sound, but every night they were putting new lights and updating things. but they really need to turn the volume down.
lazy river was great, and the super fast slide. family loved that area so much. i was told beaches staff reads this, so with that being said, the water jets or pump on the big long slide needs to be fixed. kinda wish i could have used it, but i had to use my heals to pull myself down.
but lets get to the best parts and beyond the petty rants.
the restaurant were all very good, and very clean and nice. food was good. my favorite restaurant was the "stu fish" seafood on the beach. staff was amazing there. i celebrated my birthday there on the same day as bob marley, and the staff at the stu fish along with the people at the beach bar made me a real nice birthday cup cake and all joined in on the signing of happy birthday.
my favorite place to hang out was the beach bar beside the stu fish. the people working that bar were also great. by me looking around that bar, please beaches management, give that bar a little clean up and some renos. thats a nice little gem if you ask me.
i made a great friend and enjoyed talking to watkin. he is a great asset to your company and should be rewarded for his knowledge and his positive out look of the resort the staff and everything to do with life in jamaica, everybody knows him and loves him.
im going to mention a few names here, on people that went over and above, and went out of there way to say hi or even make me feel at home.
leggon, beach bar always smiling and making sure i was happy and my glass was full
adrian, photography, called me super man and always smiling and making sure all was well
lorenzo,bar staff, always singing and having a good time
creton,, beach sports. he took the time every day to pop by and say hi at the beach bar and made a point of finding me to wish me a happy birthday and then off to work he went
ashleigh, cafe paris, always making my daughter so happy and when seeing us walk past would walk out and say hi Lola.
stacey, cafe paris, also making the family happy and saying hi.
marlon, bar staff, always made a point of saying hi and taking the time to ask if i was happy and having a good time.
renalto, bar staff, always joking and having fun with his job.
dwight, security on the beach, as soon as anyone talked to me on the beach or any vendors, he would walk over and ask if everything was ok.
jodian, bar staff always coming on the beach to ask us if we needed drinks and was always happy and friendly to my family
and to a non staff but sells wood working on the beach with in the resort, "clive" is also a great asset to the resort and is a kind talented man who wanted to sell his stuff but didnt try to push you like others seem to.
this is not taking away from anybody else in the resort,. from the people doing ground keeping, to the beach, the bars restaurant and store. everyone was AMAZING. the staff is what makes this resort a 5 star for me. i have been to Mexico a few times and a few other places and enjoyed them. but am 100% coming back here again.
after a long all over the place review, i wanted to say thank you for the amazing time.
see you all soon i hope.
RESPECT

1 Thank Bill P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,220)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We have missed Jamaica, too long so we booked this fsbulous Trip. THE property was fantastic. Our grand kids 2&3 went with US. THE whole Sesame Street experience was so much fun. THE beaches amazing food was great, entertaiment all day. THE whole staff were so friendly. Dirty Monkey & Champange . Cant wait To Go again. Must for family or couples. Also offers dsy care

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brian_h23
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had a great time at this resort. The people went the extra mile to make sure we had an excellent trip! Oneal and Savoy at the pool bar took care of our drinks. Dino's pizza was delicious, and Winston and Ledore at the jerk chicken place fed us some really good food. Sorry if I misspelled the names, but we were very pleased with our stay. This is a good family resort and well wroth the money - great value!!

2 Thank Alex W
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had an amazing experience at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa. We got married on Feb.3, 2014 and the day was absolutely perfect. Every detail that we requested was done with perfection. There was absolutely no stress planning our wedding.The staff made everything so easy.
The resort is a great place for all ages. We had our 13 and 17 year old daughters with us and they had a great time. We would highly recommend this resort to families of all ages. Even though the resort was about 80% full, it never seemed crowded our busy anywhere we went.
Thank you to all of the staff at the resort for making our wedding day a dream come true!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank tamtam30
Skippack, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Having traveled to Ochos Rios in October and now Negril in February, we loved them both. Albeit Ochos Rios was with kids...Negril without.
Do not care for random other people on the beach in Negril.
LOVED Jason at Dinos pizza, went the extra mile even though they weren't open.
Jordain, was by far one of the most friendly, funny and accomodating staff members between both resorts. She brought us drinks and pizza to the beach! At one point I think she was reading my mind, having drinks ready without me ordering them! AMAZING service from her!
BBQ pit is great spot, Kiminos. Felt like the quality of food was better at Ochos Rios overall.
Crape place at Ochos Rios was fantastic, made ones with Brie...Chicken. Just sweets at Negril.
Dalton at Negril couldn't have been nicer, or more helpful. Amazing!
Rooms at Negril are much nicer...
Water park at Ochos Rios was better and their staff were interactive, friendly, and incredibly entertaining!
Overall, both great spots with very different pluses. Can't go wrong with either!!

Room Tip: There is a road close by in Negril, careful...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jeff H
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We returned to Beaches Negril for 11 nights with our 2 girls aged 8 and 5 and brought Grandma this year. Our family had a wonderful time again, the staff are amazing. The beautiful beach is why we came back and thank you to our lovely Natasha for looking after us every day. Thank you to Oneil at the beach bar, Stacey at Cafe de Paris (I love that cafe), Ennis in housekeeping (great job on our room), Norman (gave our daughter a scuba lesson) and the crew at the dive shop, Ricardo on the glass bottom boat, and Denesha on the beach. Shevoy at the pool bar, you're so polite.

We enjoy the food at the resort, I'm missing my jerk chicken already. Our compliments to the staff at the Venetian, great food there and the service is outstanding.

Keep up the great work.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy S
Sturgeon County
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Absolutely a five star resort and the staff were fabulous treated us as family, we felt we have finally come home!!! First time in Jamaica and can't wait to come back, checking the calender for next year.

Room Tip: Our room was excellent to me all rooms would be great
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank waynejudykelly
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We're thrilled to read you had such a magical time at Beaches Negril! We can't wait to welcome you back next year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
#8 of 81 in Negril
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!