“Even more Awesome Family Vacation”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 85 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Even more Awesome Family Vacation”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My family and I had the most amazing vacation at Beaches Negril! This was our second trip Jan31-Feb7 2014; our first awesome visit was in August 2013 (for my b-day) and we booked this second trip well in advance for my wife's b-day - I didn't think it would be possible, but Beaches Negril somehow even raised the bar since our 1st stay; the resort was absolutely beautiful and all the people worked so hard on every detail to make it the best of times for each guest.
*** Quite frankly I would like to recognize and express my sincere gratitude to every person who worked at Beaches Negril Jan.31 to Feb7 2014. In fact, most of the Beaches Negril team recognized my children and I from our last stay in August 2013.
* KIDS CAMP (ages 5 to 7- Janiel & team) was excellent the entire week, our children loved it whether is was just a quick drop-in for a bit, or a few hours at a time;
* WATERSPORTS: all watersports reps were amazing: Captain Lloyd, Alrick, Howard, Lucien et al - all the waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, snookering, sailing, paddleboarding and more, all included, is just frigin' amazing!!! You'll find a lot of muscles you never use :) and never knew they could get sore ;)
* FOOD: the food is absolutely delicious thanks to our friends Conray & Rlando & everyone in the kitchen, at each BBQ & all restaurants;
* DRINKS: Leggon, Lorenzo, Oneil as well as all the ladies behind the bars always had much cheer to share - good times!
* STEWFISH: Catherine and the Chefs at Stewfish also took great care of us. Sour sap juice and specialty fish dishes and fresh brewed JA coffee for brek on the beach ... oh YEAH MON!! Actually our kids keep saying Stewfish, every time we ask them what they would like to eat, eventhough we've been back in Canada for a couple weeks already
* SPA REDLANES: Couples massage with Sonet and Michaela was soooooooooooooo good
** CONCIERGE: from Day 1 all the way through our stay Lucine at Concierge made everything absolutely fantastic!! Lucine came highly recommended by a nice lady on our flight who was originally from the UK and now has a home in Manderville, Jamaica with her young son & family. She loves going for stays at Beaches and said it was one of her favorite places on the Island.

***** Every single person on the Beaches Negril team was absolutely amazing, and our whole family is looking forward to being WELCOME HOME again as soon as we can make the next trip ****

p.s. Further to some of the reviews, please note that there are only a chosen few regulars selling their wares - jet ski, parasail, cruises, bracelets, hats, etc. - on the resort's stretch of the beach. No worries, the resort security keeps a close eye and know each of them; these folks may be hard-working salesmen/women (but so are many of us that can afford to vacation) yet you'll find they are good people, very friendly, and mainly just working hard everyday. My tip would be to just say a friendly hello/"respect" each morning, don't give them false hopes if you're not interested just say "No Thank You" , and it's all good each time they see you & yours on the beach. Zafari in particular, as well as the Hat guy, were 2 of our faves. Security will tell you "you're on your own" when you leave the resort, however, Zafari came thru huge with a private sunset cruise to Rick's Cafe for my wife & I with Uncle Bob as our skipper - door to door service (actually beach to dock) then back after a cliff jump and nice stint chillin' at famous Rick's Cafe ... back in time for another awesome dinner, entertainment and amazing evening at Beaches Negril with the whole family. Good times!!!

Room Tip: Use advance check-in through the Beaches call center. The reps are based in Jamaica and are very kno...
1 Thank Mr E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Family is having a great time but the reserved tiki huts on the beach for butler guest is bogus! Every day the butler comes to the beach saves a hut, a table, six chairs and 18 towels that the guest never end up using. It is unfortunate that we are here as a family of 13 and share four chairs and four towels. Very small resort but lots of amenities. Beautiful beach.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NY T
Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The cost is worth every penny!!! My husband and our 4 children ages 12, 11, 9, and 5 stayed at the Negril resort from Jan 20-29. This includes a 2-day extension which would not have been possible without the assistance of General Manager, Adrian Whitehead. Thank you Mr Whitehead! This is our second time to a Jamaican Beaches resort. In 2010 we renewed our wedding vows in Ocho Rios at Beaches Boscobel. People asked which I prefer. Having now been to both, I would say you should choose which resort based on what else you want to do while in Jamaica...if you want to see Dunn River Falls and go zip lining, stay at Beaches Boscobel. If you want to go to Rick's Cafe and Margaritaville, stay at Beaches Negril. Both make you feel like family!
We arrived at the resort where we were quickly welcomed by Dalton. He helped my kids find the restrooms and got us much needed beverages. When Dalton realized we were still waiting to check-in, he found Carla who promptly checked us in. He then brought us to our Butler suites where we met Novia, one of our Butlers during our stay. She offered to unpack us so the kids could play down on the beach before sunset. After dinner we met Pollyanna from the kids club who was a WEALTH of information. She helped a very tired mother get all 4 kids signed up that first night so we would be all set for the week. Tanya from the Kids Club would stop by to see us every morning during breakfast to tell us what activities were scheduled that day. She is the reason my kids never missed a fun activity...baking cookies with Cookie Monster, science fair with Super Grover, etc. We did the character breakfast which ALL my children enjoyed. It was at the Character Breakfast we met photographer Nicolette. She saw how much my kids enjoyed meeting the characters and arranged for a private photo shoot with all the characters. We have such beautiful pictures from Nicollette, Candace and Revon. The only down side is how expensive the photos are. We had 500 pictures taken over the course of the 9 days. Nicolette, Candace and Revon captured my kids knee boarding, going down the water slides, at the kids camp events, etc but to get them all on CD would have been $1500.
Our butlers Novia and Conrad made our trip so stress-free. They reserved our spots at the beach and pool. They brought my entire family lunch at the beach and arranged our massages. Conrad even watched our kids for a bit while my husband and I enjoyed a Candlelight Sunset dinner on the beach. Our waitress Simone or Monique(my husband and I disagree on her name) makes the best cup of coffee!! If you see her around the dining room, ask her for a cup. You will not be sorry.
The wait staff, Odel, Sherita, Owen and Samantha were so helpful. I strongly suggest you have Michael make you an omelette. His omelets are the perfect balance of egg and ingredients. Yummy!
The Kids Club staff, Pollyana, Tanya, Samantha, Dwight, Andre, Dania were so GREAT with my children. They didn't want to leave when we came back to get them.
And my last shout out goes to my favorite bartender and inventor of my new favorite drink, Leggon and his 'Jamaica, No Problem'.
The managers are so accessible and eager to make your trip as enjoyable as possible.
We loved it much we booked our trip back before we left!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole W
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We just returned from our third stay at this fabulous resort. After trying the Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos last year, it felt like we were coming home. The beach and the staff in Turks just can't compare with Negril. This is the resort you want if you are looking to relax on the beach and chill with your friends and family. If you don't go with friends don't worry, you will make some with both fellow guests and the staff. It is the Jamaicans though who really make Beaches Negril something special. They are wonderful, fun-loving, and do their best to give you a fantastic vacation. We'd like to send a special thanks to the following staff who took the time to get to know us and were outstanding (please forgive any misspellings): Courtney, Renato, Tracey Ann, Stacey, Ashe, Shelly, Millard, and Camelia.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Beth U
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Hands down, the best vacation our family has taken! From the welcome of fresh lemon cold towels, to the friendly staff, this resort is top notch! Not one spot is ever crowded on the property; pools, restaurants, beach, game room, feel as if it was a custom vacation just for our family. The water sports were a ton of fun, various activities for each child and myself!
Dwight in the game room was my number one man! Onecia always had a smile and lots of energy. Lorenzo kept us entertained at the pool bar for hours and Courtney and Mr. D kept our trip in check making sure we had everything we needed. We are looking forward to coming back next year with more friends!
As others said, wish they could keep this beach more private, too many peddlers pushing their stuff……but still at that, very friendly.
Food was good, enough variety on property to satisfy several picky eaters!

4 Thank Yesthem
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had never visited Jamaica. Loved the beach, truly beautiful. My kids loved the resort. Since this was a family trip that was important. Best part of Beaches Negril was some of the staff. Tanesha at the spa had magic hands. Her demeanor was lovely, very relaxing to be around. Shelly, Sheneka, & Omar who helped with activities were warm, fun, informative, helpful - I really enjoyed interacting with them. They have a good time and like what they do and that rubs off on the guests. I met several managers - Daniella, Alexander, and one other. They truly cared about making our vacation a success and were responsive to any issues we had. While our trip wasn't perfect we enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: If you like inclusive resorts, you will enjoy this one.
1 Thank ANNSK
Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

id like to start out by saying thank you to the staff of beaches negril.
from the point we arrived at beaches negril in jamaica, we were welcomed with open arms. as soon as we got off our mini bus a gentle men by the name of dalton who was a bus boy, said to us welcome home, which is a very common saying from many people there. but dalton 100% made us feel like it was home all week long with a morning greeting by name.
with this being said there were many positive thing about this resort and a few negatives, like every place you visit. this is my opinion.
beaches negril is a beautiful resort, with an amazing beach. i found that there were alot of things that need to be updated, but with that being said, they are in the middle of renovating rooms and many things around the resort. i think the resort is about 17 years old, so expect to see a 17 year old facility. a few things that disappointed me were small. but when you pay the amount that we did for an all inclusive resort, i was thrown off that if we wanted to have breakfast with the sesame street people, we had to pay extra for this, and im not tallking 10 20 dollars, it was big bucks.and with a family of nine, it was not possible for us to go, and thats hard to explain to my three year old daughter and her 5 year old cousin. i also found that with these sesame street friends, they were only available every now and then, and abby was very stand offish. my daughter wanted to see and meet her so bad, but everytime she had the chance she would take off. so the breakfast thing was my biggest disappointment. that and the entertainment staff was a bit lack. the big top (stage area) needs work with sound, but every night they were putting new lights and updating things. but they really need to turn the volume down.
lazy river was great, and the super fast slide. family loved that area so much. i was told beaches staff reads this, so with that being said, the water jets or pump on the big long slide needs to be fixed. kinda wish i could have used it, but i had to use my heals to pull myself down.
but lets get to the best parts and beyond the petty rants.
the restaurant were all very good, and very clean and nice. food was good. my favorite restaurant was the "stu fish" seafood on the beach. staff was amazing there. i celebrated my birthday there on the same day as bob marley, and the staff at the stu fish along with the people at the beach bar made me a real nice birthday cup cake and all joined in on the signing of happy birthday.
my favorite place to hang out was the beach bar beside the stu fish. the people working that bar were also great. by me looking around that bar, please beaches management, give that bar a little clean up and some renos. thats a nice little gem if you ask me.
i made a great friend and enjoyed talking to watkin. he is a great asset to your company and should be rewarded for his knowledge and his positive out look of the resort the staff and everything to do with life in jamaica, everybody knows him and loves him.
im going to mention a few names here, on people that went over and above, and went out of there way to say hi or even make me feel at home.
leggon, beach bar always smiling and making sure i was happy and my glass was full
adrian, photography, called me super man and always smiling and making sure all was well
lorenzo,bar staff, always singing and having a good time
creton,, beach sports. he took the time every day to pop by and say hi at the beach bar and made a point of finding me to wish me a happy birthday and then off to work he went
ashleigh, cafe paris, always making my daughter so happy and when seeing us walk past would walk out and say hi Lola.
stacey, cafe paris, also making the family happy and saying hi.
marlon, bar staff, always made a point of saying hi and taking the time to ask if i was happy and having a good time.
renalto, bar staff, always joking and having fun with his job.
dwight, security on the beach, as soon as anyone talked to me on the beach or any vendors, he would walk over and ask if everything was ok.
jodian, bar staff always coming on the beach to ask us if we needed drinks and was always happy and friendly to my family
and to a non staff but sells wood working on the beach with in the resort, "clive" is also a great asset to the resort and is a kind talented man who wanted to sell his stuff but didnt try to push you like others seem to.
this is not taking away from anybody else in the resort,. from the people doing ground keeping, to the beach, the bars restaurant and store. everyone was AMAZING. the staff is what makes this resort a 5 star for me. i have been to Mexico a few times and a few other places and enjoyed them. but am 100% coming back here again.
after a long all over the place review, i wanted to say thank you for the amazing time.
see you all soon i hope.
RESPECT

1 Thank Bill P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
#7 of 85 in Negril
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,515 reviews

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!