“A great resort for singles, families and couples :)”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I had a very memorable stay here. My room was amazing, beautiful and spacious. The amenities were great. The pools had different options for kids and adults, the restaurants did everything they could to accommodate food allergies and requests and the medical centre was of great help to me when I needed shots for sand fly bites. The entertainment staff went out of their way to make sure everyone had a good time. Everyone was friendly and the service was of a very high standard. I was especially impressed by Sania at the coffee shop. She was especially helpful to me. As a woman travelling alone she made me feel safe and welcome and gave the most friendly and professional service. She would make a great manager :) Beaches is located on a beautiful stretch of beach and is great resort for a mixed crowd. I would definitely visit this place again.

Room Tip: Be very specific about the view you prefer. If you want an unobstructed ocean view then take a look...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 February 2014

A beautiful well laid out resort with amazing service. Everyone is so helpful, kind and friendly. The food is great the beach is spectacular but the staff make it the place you want to go back to. Romano at the mainstage, Chevoy at the pool, Courtney at the front lobby and Calvin at the Bar and Grill made our stay fantastic.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, this is not it. It is a great place to go with kids as there is a lot for them to do, but the resort, pools, water park and the beach are swarming with people. It is impossible to get a lounge chair by any pool or on the beach unless you get there at 6 am and put stuff on it. The most frustrating thing is to see how many "reserved" ones never get used during the day, while many people are looking for one. Around 2 pm there is always a time when beach towels are not available for about a half an hour to an hour, which is very frustrating as well. Otherwise the place is exactly what you would expect, the food and drinks are plentiful and tasty and the service is great. I would certainly not recommend this place to anyone without kids, go to Sandals instead or rent a private villa.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Traveled with my husband and 15 month old daughter to Beaches Negril February 16-20. We booked a Honeymoon Beachfront Grande Luxe Concierge Room and ended up in room 905 at the far end of the resort. Since we were all in the same room my husband and I went to sleep after my daughter around 8pm. At 9pm all of us were jarred awake by blaring music from the resort next door.

Just to be clear none of us are light sleepers. We've lived in NYC across the street from a hospital for years, so all of us have slept through sirens, loud music and screaming fights. The ridiculously loud wall-shaking rendition of “I Will Always Love You” that woke us was worse than anything I have dealt with in the city. Since none of us were sleeping anyway I immediately went to find a manager to request a room change first thing in the morning. The night manager met with me quickly, but admonished me that “everyone in the 900 block has to deal with the same problem”. How is the fact that other guests are dealing with the same problem supposed to make me feel better about my toddler awake and screaming at 10pm? If they know very loud music is a problem in these rooms why not warn people? Or avoid putting very young children there altogether? We were able to change rooms the next morning and had no problems after that, but over the next several days I spoke to many members of the staff who were surprised to hear we were put in the 900 block with a very young child because of the loud nightly music.

It is a great testament to the quality of the resort - in particular the incredibly kind and capable staff – that this terrible experience did not stop us from having a wonderful vacation. The pool and beach are lovely, the food was very good to excellent, the entertainment was wonderful and we enjoyed all o f the activities we participated in. Just a few highlights of our trip:

*Child Care – I was extremely comfortable leaving my daughter in the capable hands of the women at the babysitting center and could not have been happier with the care she received there. We were in and out of the area a lot and the kids who weren't napping in the nursery were always happily doing different activities. (Even the cutest little 3 month old boy was happily rocking in a swing or cooing in a stroller whenever we saw him at the center!) Everyone we encountered there was great, but I would especially like to thank Blossom and Shelly for taking such good care of my little girl. We also utilized the in-room babysitting service for two nights which was fantastic.

*Entertainment – Much respect to the team of actors who do the Sesame Street performances throughout the day and almost every night. The energy they put into the performances is amazing and they really make the kids feel special. I wasn't sure my daughter would like the stage show – or that I would be able to tolerate it – but we all had a great time dancing and singing each night. The character breakfast was also a wonderful experience. Highly recommended if your kids are the right age. Special thanks to the person in the Elmo costume for the extra time he took with my toddler. The look of delight on her face was just priceless!!

*Snapshots – Makayla was our photographer for a family photo shoot on the beach at sunset. The photo shoot was fun and a lot of the pictures she took look better than the ones from my wedding!

*Courtney's welcomed us to the resort, helped with our room change and took the time to make sure we found everything we needed during our stay. Our little girl just adored him and I would return to the resort just so she could see him again.

*Tom-o-the-great (not sure about spelling) selling shells on the beach was great. We asked him to paint a souvenir shell for our daughter and he surprised us with a second shell for the baby we are expecting just so that he wouldn't feel left out. It was a thoughtful gift and will be a great reminder of our time in Jamaica.

Room Tip: If you have young children or plan to go to sleep before 11pm do not take a room in the 900 block...
3  Thank YellowMouse
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

We're so thrilled to read of your excellent stay at Beaches Negril. It gives us a great feeling to know that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations after a rough start and quick room change.

Thank you for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back for another amazing experience in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Beautiful resort but the amazing staff like Tracy-Lyn, Oshane, Jermaine, Shelly, Kenton, Caffrey, Oneil and Courtney are what makes us come back. The beach is amazing, the spa is fantastic and the restaurants are great, all with amazing staff.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Beaches Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and we're glad we were able to be a part of your experience.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

my family and i went to beaches negril febuary 13-20 and it was fantastic. Because of our massive family we ended up staying in the butler suites and you are treated like royalty. our two butlers were conrad and novia. While conrad was good and better then we expected, Novia truly blew us away. She truly went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect. Even things that wernt offered on the resort like certain beers or rums she got for us. Although very expensive our 4 kids had the time of there lives. Jermaine at the teen club was so much fun and made the vacation one to remember. i recommend the reggae cruise, as it was a ton of fun. I can't stress enough how amazing Novia was too us. If you ever go there defiantly request her as your butler as she is amazing.

Room Tip: santa cruz building
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We're so glad to read that you had an amazing vacation at Beaches Negril. It makes us proud to know that our friendly and helpful staff members played a big role in the enjoyment of your stay. Thank you so much for your review.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Booked this vaction not knowing what to expect. We have loved it. will definatly recommend this resort to friends. One of our favorite parts of the stay was seeing how the organization seemed to take care of the workers here. It is refreshing staying in a place that almost ever employee we asked seemed to be happy with the benifets of there employment. I really hope this was not a front and the employees are as well taken care of as the guests are. We will more than likely be back. Totally loved the experiance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review. It means so much to hear your comments about our awesome team. Its important to keep our team members happy so that they perform to the best of their abilities at all times. We always strive to offer excellent service and I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The Cliff Hotel
The Cliff Hotel
#3 of 80 in Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!