“Destination Wedding of Our Dreams!!!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I am writing this review a little late. We stayed at Beaches Negril from November 4 thru November 10 2013(for our wedding) and Sandals Negril from November 10- November 13 (for our honeymoon). Needless to say, I was a little worried having to plan a wedding from so far away. I am a pretty laidback person, but was slightly apprehensive about the planning process. Everything went sooo smoothly!! There was absolutely nothing for me to worry about. As soon as we arrived at the resort, we were greeted with cold towels and rum punch!! Great start!! We were then whisked away to the concierge room where we met with Shannon(?) who let us know that Tresh was going to be our wedding coordinator. Everybody was so nice and accommodating. We made an appt to meet with Tresh the following day, and were then led to our rooms. I cannot say enough about how GREAT and HELPFUL Tresh was!! I also want to send a HUGE thank you to our wedding photographer, Nicolette. She was the BEST!!!!!!! I had read some reviews about people who were unhappy with their wedding photographer at Beaches, but she was incredible. The pictures came out so great that the background almost looks fake!! Every picture was beautiful. It also helped that we had an amazing and perfect sunset to take pictures. One tip that I can give brides if they want to have pictures taken during the sunset is to book the 4:00 ceremony. Once the ceremony is over and the marriage certificates have been signed, you can then make your way to the beach for sunset photos. All in all, I had the wedding of my dreams!!! I love Jamaica and I love Beaches Negril! (if anyone is thinking of planning her wedding at Beaches Negril and has any questions, feel free to email me at ballandchain2013@gmail.com). Another thank you that I want to give is to the great workers that we met while we were there, especially Romano, Adrian, and the gentleman that works at Liquid (forgot his name)!! Also, Novia, who was a great butler to my dad and stepmom during their stay!! What can I say, the beach was absolutely gorgeous!! We also paid to go out on the catamaran one day, which I highly recommend!! It was definitely worth it!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Joy G
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank for your review, Joy! We're thrilled to hear you had an excellent wedding experience with us. We always strive to meet the expectations of our guests and it seems you enjoyed your stay at Beaches Negril. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Beaches Negril Resort & Spa

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We just got home from Beaches Negril after our visit March 29-April 5, 2014. My kids did not want to leave the beach and hotel after such a great week. The beach, hotel, food, and activities were amazing. We want to thank the staff especially Caffrey, OBrien, Kenton, Shelly, Jermaine W., and Jermaine for their great service. We also want to thank the sweet girl who took all the teens on a boat trip to swim in the caves and watch the cliff divers on Friday afternoon April 4 (my kids can't remember her name but do remember how nice she was to them). We are already planning our return trip!!

2  Thank KellyJCole

Thank you for your great review of Beaches Negril. We're so thrilled to hear of your excellent stay at our resort. You enjoyed the delicious food, the exciting activities and amenities as well as the great service from our friendly staff. We couldn't be happier to read your review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We recently stayed at Beaches Negril March 23-29, 2014. This was the second time my husband, two children and I chose to stay at Beaches Negril. We loved it so much the first time we brought my parents along this time too. We wanted to share Jamaica and the Beaches/Sandals experience with them. They both loved it. Kept complimenting the food, the bartenders, the entertainment and all the activities that were included. They had never been to an all-inclusive resort before and really enjoyed it. Our kids had a great time again. The new mini-golf was fun, kids camp kept them busy and of course all the sesame street activities were a blast. The Thursday nite parade and beach party was the highlight of the week with both kids marching along with their favorite characters. Shelly, one of the DJ's in entertainment, was especially fun and attentive to our kids. My daughter loved hanging out with her poolside and being her "assistant", while my son enjoyed rolling the dice at her table on casino nite. My husband and I loved the fact that most of the staff were there two years ago when we came last time. It was like being with family. He and I will be traveling to Sandals Whitehouse next year and then back to Beaches Negril in 2016. We love the Sandals/Beaches family and will continue to recommend them to our friends and family.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Savannah building which was a little noisy but so close to the family pool, watersl...
2  Thank mptyree

We're thrilled to hear of your amazing vacation at Beaches Negril. There's nothing we want more than to offer our guests exciting and worry-free vacation experiences. I'm glad your stay was indicative of the norm. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The first thing you notice is the beautiful beach, the second is the amazing service and happy employees. I thoroughly enjoyed speaking with each one of the employees and each and everyone of the staff had a permanent cheery smile on there faces. I would like to especially thank Kenton and all of the entertainment staff who made our trip incredibly enjoyable. I especially enjoyed all of the food and the included water sports made the trip value for money. I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. We're so thrilled to read that you had such a great stay with us at Beaches Negril. We love to hear that we've met and exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will be sure to let our staff know of your kind mention. They will all be proud to know how much they contributed to your amazing experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another fabulous stay!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and two sons just returned from 5 nights at Beaches. The property is beautiful. It is kept very clean at all times. All of the staff is wonderful as well. Each staff member goes out of their way to greet you and take care of your needs. The food is good resort food but not great. We enjoyed the pizza and Winston at the BBQ was fantastic. Remember you are on island time so nothing moves fast. The only small problem I noticed was a lack of beach towels. If you don't get them first thing in the morning they run out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Eagle1989

We truly appreciate you writing a review of your stay at Beaches Negril. We love to hear our guests boast about their amazing stays at our resort. Therefore, we always strive to go above and beyond to ensure that each guest leaves happy. We hope to welcome you back in the future for another fun-filled vacation with us!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We just returned from our 6th trip to Beaches Negril!! It truely is our slice of Heaven! The beach is simply stunning and the resort is filled with fun, however it is the people that work there that make it extra special to us! Thank you Conrad Grant for always having a beautitul spot on the beach for us! Thank you Courtney for being the first family face we see when we arrive! I look forward every year to hearing you say "Welcome Home". Kimberly in The Mill was always smiling and making us feel special. You are a doll!! Odel, also in The Mill, is wonderful along with Sanjay and Lesmore! Getting sunset pictures is a must and you should definately request Nicolette! She is amazing and you won't be disappointed with the results! While on the beach, look for June! She works so hard helping guest with their drinks but yet always has a beautiful smile. She is such a happy person! Finally, the entertainment staff!! You have lifelong friends in our family! Jermaine Henderson, you are wonderful! OShane, Kenton, Caffrey, Omar and even the "newbies" O'Brien, Shelly and "the other" Jermaine; you ALL make this resort such an incredible, fun filled place to visit! We still come every year and we are a family of 4 with a 13 year old and 17 year old. You won't be disappointed visiting Beaches Negril! Look for all of these great people and I know they will make your vacation the best ever!!! The location is beyond words beautiful, but the heart of the resort are the beautiful people working there.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are fabulous! Honestly, you spend such little time in the room! We just had a One...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Christie B

Our staff will be so happy to hear of your kind mention. We're so glad that you and your family had another awesome vacation at Beaches Negril. Thank you so much for your review. We can't wait to see you back next time for another memorable stay!

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We just returned from Beaches Negril (March 30-April 4, 2014)

Overall because of the higher price, we expected to be able to rate it 5 out of 5. I can only give it a 2.5 out of 5.

Rooms and resort were clean and seemed to be relatively new and remodeled. The bath was nice enough to give my son a bath in, which I'm usually not so keen on. Beds were comfortable but the bedding could have been nicer. The outer comforter wasn't a comfortable but instead a scratchy blanket. Housekeeping service was timely in the morning while we were at the pool and did a good job. Food was good quality and tasty. They weren't that happy when you asked for an adjustment to a item on the menu such as can you please jerk this chicken but they usually did it but only one option on the menu or offered jerk sauce on the side. I mean we are in Jamaica.

Checkin was horrible - we had 3 rooms before it was ok. They gave us a complimentary "Upgrade" to king bed room for 3 adults and a child. I was okay with this because it was an ocean view which was above what we booked and they promised it would have a pull out couch. We got there and there was no pull out couch as stated. Not sure where 3 adults were going to sleep in that room. Then they brought us to the regular room booked but on 3rd floor after we said we needed 1st floor for my mother traveling with us with bad knees. We were told no 1st floor rooms were available until the next day. Then magically a 1st floor regular room was available after we said this wouldn't work for us for the 5th time. Felt like we were bothering them but these didn't seem like crazy requests.

Phone in room - buttons for different services didn't work. Told them 3 times then they decided to come the next day during my sons nap to fix it. Not cool.

Service in all restaurants was very slow. However the food was very good. We didn't have a bad tasting meal, they just were slow to bring out entrees and couldn't figure out how to bring 4 meals at once to a single table. Only once were we asked if wanted a second round of drinks from the bar.

Kimonos and The Venetian require a reservation that you can only make the day of. Kimonos was good. Dinner at Stewfish was great.

There were never any beach towels after 9am. Never replenished. One day they were giving out bath mats to people asking for towels. Poor planning there.

No beach or pool bar service. One day on the beach we had a server and she came back 3 times.

Service was pretty poor until you tipped them even though they said it wasn't allowed. Then they were happier to be serving you.

There were a few really good and friendly people - Catherine at Stewfish, Jodian at theatre bar and swim up bar at main pool, Hilroy at the front desk really tried to redeem his team and did a pretty good job doing so. He was very nice.

Arizonas for dinner on 4/2 - my meal came about 10 minutes after everyone else's. It was fajitas and the food was still cooking on the plate. It was so hot the oil was splashing off and got all over my dress.

Arizonas for lunch on 4/3 - waited 40 minutes for lunch to come out - enchiladas, shrimp tacos, fish sticks and a grilled cheese. Everything came but my enchiladas. A few minutes later the server said it would be right up, about 10 minutes later it still wasn't there and several other tables were receiving their meals. I left to go speak to the front desk because by this time I was just so mad. My husband said the manager came over about 15 minutes later to see how we were and to ask if she could take their plates when he told her my food still had not come out. She said she would find out and then said it would be right up. About 25 minutes after they had their food and were finished, my meal finally came up with the excuse that it took longer to cook. I saw a few other tables with the enchiladas and they came out with the other meals ordered. So that was a horrible excuse. It was shredded chicken stuffed inside a rolled tortilla. To top it all off we were about to leave and the server took my sons plate from in front of him, hitting him in the face with the French fry basket.

That was kind of the end for me. I don't think I could get over it and return despite the Operations Managers efforts by comping our two spa treatments. It was a nice effort, but I think we will still look elsewhere for our next trip.

We were looking up our next vacation last night and Beaches is about 30% more expensive than its competitors for family resorts. I think we will save the money and go elsewhere next time. Dreams and Club Med have always been good to us.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Tonyandmag429

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We strive to keep the highest standard of quality and service and we deeply regret if we did not quite live up to your expectations.

We are grateful for all feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to identify our strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We hope that you will afford us a chance to make things right during a stay that exceeds your expectations in the future.

Happy Travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!