Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
US$343
  • Breakfast included
US$978
US$582
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$288
US$164
US$79
  • Pool
US$108
US$79
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
US$279
US$217
Catcha Falling Star(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$272
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
5,510 results
All reviewskids campsesame streetcafe de parisstew fishbanana boatbig topfamily vacationclub liquidx boxxbox roomcookie monsterdino's pizzacharacter breakfastadrian whiteheadwater sportskids clubthe main pool bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I've read many reviews that call this place "amazing." I've read others that say it's "disappointing." I would lean towards amazing, but I can see it both ways.

We traveled April 4-9 with our son (11) and daughter (16). I booked a private airport transfer through the resort. Our driver was waiting for us when we arrived at the Sandals lounge. His minivan was very clean, and there was a cooler full of water, beer, juice, and snacks. The traffic was terrible, so it took us almost two hours to get to Beaches. (Later, I saw a bunch of new guests getting off the resort bus, and they looked exhausted. If it's in your budget, I highly recommend the private transfer.)

Lindley took our bags, brought us drinks, and helped get us settled in our rooms. He was very kind and made my kids laugh.

We stayed in the Concierge Family Rooms--two adjoining hotel rooms, each with its own bathroom, one with a king and the other with two double beds. The layout worked great for us. However, the rooms aren't like the ones in the corresponding online photos. The king room did not have a seating area, and the bathrooms had single vanities (not doubles, like in the pictures).

I had requested a room near the main pool, but we ended up just behind the water park (rooms 425 and 426). That turned out to be a great location--close to all our favorite things, and not too noisy.

I'm not sure we needed concierge. When we checked in, we filled out a concierge form to indicate we'd like a bottle of rum in our room. No one ever brought that (although the workers in the lounge apologized very sweetly when I asked about it). On our third day, I went to the lounge to book our private airport transfer for departure. The woman at the concierge desk wrote down my information on a scrap piece of paper. A day later they had no record of our interaction or my request.

Many things about the property are excellent. The beach is spectacular. The open-air lobby is beautiful. The buildings don't have the typical luxury-resort-fortress vibe, but they do feel authentic and comfortable--a kind of "Jamaican funky" style. Housekeeping is great. The pools are clean. The swim-up bars are lots of fun. The beer (my beverage of choice) is cold and free-flowing.

My kids did not go to Trench Town or Club Liquid. My son didn't care much for the Xbox Lounge. I think the thing he liked best about it was the air conditioning, which was blasting. He said that many of the Xbox controllers didn't work properly.

Both kids loved the water park and made friends there. My son enjoyed the water slides and pool basketball. My daughter liked the lazy river and hot tub (which is huge).

My son was excited to see that there was a basketball court near the beach. Unfortunately, there were only two basketballs, and one was always deflated.

We were there during spring break, and I believe the resort was full, but we never felt like it was crowded. We never had to wait for a table at any of the restaurants. We never had to wait long for drinks at any of the bars. Pretty much any time of day there were beach chairs available in the shade. However, there isn't much seating by the pools, so that's where the towel game was being played. If you like to sit by the pool, you'll have to get up early to claim your spot. And if you like to dry off with a towel, you'll have to claim that early, too, because towels were in short supply by lunchtime.

The food was hit or miss. We found things we liked and stuck with them throughout our stay. The pizza at Dino's was very good. Breakfast at Stewfish was hot and fresh. (My daughter said the French toast was the best she'd ever had, and she is a connoisseur.) Both kids liked cheeseburgers and fries from the bbq window. The Mill was not good at all, and the Venetian was terrible (probably the driest, blandest fish I've ever had).

Cafe de Paris was a favorite spot for us in the evenings. The pastries weren't particularly good, but the cookies (I'm sure they were something like Pilsbury slice-and-bakes) were tasty, and so was the ice cream. Also, the women behind the cafe counter (Tracy-Ann and Sherika) were saints. I saw them being patient with some really demanding kids, and they were always really sweet to us.

In the evenings, we liked to hang out at the beach bar. There were always seats available, the sunsets were gorgeous, and the bartenders were entertaining. (Our favorite bartender was Densdale. He was smart and funny--a great conversationalist. We also liked Richard at the main pool bar.)

I took several cans of bug spray. By the third day, it was clear we weren't seeing bugs or getting bites, so I stopped worrying about it. On the fourth day, I got several bites on my legs and arms. I didn't hear anyone else complaining about it. Also, although I've read on this site about bees at the resort, I saw only one or two bees during our stay, and those were in the flower beds--not at the bar, not around the soda or soft-serve machines.

In the final analysis, I don't think you can screw up a vacation at Beaches Negril. The beach is one of the best I've seen, and of course I've already mentioned the free-flowing beer. However, if I am going to pay luxury prices, I'd like the luxury of:

* Basketballs that bounce.
* An endless supply of clean, dry beach towels.
* Concierge service that follows through with promises after the first request.
* Rooms that look like the pictures on the website.
* Beach seating areas cleaned each day. (Most mornings I would pick up trash around our chairs.)
* Hot showers. (Water temperature and pressure varied from minute to minute.)

One night at the beach bar, our bartender, Sillion, asked us, "Do you know why I'm happy? Because I live in Jamaica." He said his impression of Americans is that we worry a lot--about kids, about jobs, about details big and small. He said the secret of life is to relax and accept things as they come.

Wise words.

But I'd still like a dry towel when I get out of the pool.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, rooms 425 and 426. Not too noisy, and a short walk to the water park, Stewfish, and Cafe de Paris.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank LHHC22
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you had a great stay at our resort. We always strive to create amazing experiences that keep our guests coming back. Therefore, we certainly hope that you will consider visiting us again for a much better stay in the future. We want to exceed your expectations next time.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Beaches Negril surpassed our expectations. It was the best family vacation we have had. It all started with a wonderful warm welcome. We were offered a special beverage and so were the kids. Timothy and the concierge staff were amazing. We then were greeted by Courtney. Well what can we say about Courtney...this man made sure that our stay went smooth and that we had a great vacation. He was always concerned that my son had fresh milk for his bottle, that my daughter was having fun and that we had our drinks ;)
The food was also amazing. Arizona's has amazing food and staff. A special mention goes to Venessia at Arizona's. She was always attentive and my 1 year old now has a girlfriend. Stacy Anne at the café always gave us a laugh. I would also like to mention that Stew Fish, The Mill and all the resort restaurants. They were amazing.
The entertainment was superb. We loved the Sesame Street parade. Which ended with a beach party. We also enjoyed the themed nights. We have a 4 year old girl and a 1 year old boy who loved the Kids Club. The daily activities always kept them busy and they always wanted to go back for more fun. The spa facilities were great. We had a couples massage which we enjoyed very much.
The beach was beautiful and the water was warm which we all loved. We would definitely go back in a heart beat.

From: The "Super Fantastic" family

Xoxoxo to all our friends at Beaches Negril.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Izzy L

Thank you so much for your kind review of Beaches Negril. We are always so happy when guests post about how excellent our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable, friendly environment. Meeting the expectations of all our guests is so important to us and I'm glad we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay.

We can't wait for your return!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My family (me, my wife, and boys aged 10 and 5) have just returned from a great vacation at Beaches Negril. This was our second stay at this resort. We have also previously stayed at Beaches Turks & Caicos. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The kids had a blast and my wife and I were quickly able to get into relaxation-mode.

Kids Club - We found the staff, facilities, and programs at the Kids Club to be excellent. When vacationing we usually put our boys in the kids club after breakfast then collect them after lunch. The staff at Beaches Negril do great job caring for the kids. Through the various activities and crafts the kids get some exposure to life in Jamaica and its history. When we went to collect our kids after lunch it was not uncommon for them to want to stay which I think says a lot about Beaches’ Kids Club. Thank you Claudia and Aneshia.

Beach – 7 Mile beach is beautiful. There always seemed to be plenty of chairs and palapas. Security is diligent and the beach bars were awesome. The beach is pleasantly calm and the water shallow. Toddlers and young children have no problems playing in the surf.

Gym - I used the fitness facility every day. It is very good and well equipped. All the machines and weight appeared to be quite new and were in good working order. Kudos to Beaches for ensuring the fitness facility always has bottled water, towels, showers, and disinfectant on site. I recommend going after 8:30am as it was busy first thing in the morning.

Restaurants & Bars – We found the food and drinks to be excellent. We enjoyed our meals at Stewfish, BBQ Park, Arizonas, Dinos and the Venetian. There was always a good selection of foods for our picky 10 and 5 year old. A small downer was that we could not get a reservation at Kimonos. I recommend booking all both Kimonos and the Venetian at check in if possible.

Staff & Service - There is a lot of choice for resorts and destinations for travelers out there and the staff and service at Beaches is what sets it above the competition. Kids Club, Servers at the bars and restaurants, concierge, etc all exceeded expectations. The staff are friendly and attentive to your needs. Timothy is concierge was great. Check in was breeze and his assistance with reservations and other questions throughout our stay is greatly appreciated. Oneil, Jodian, and Lesmore at the pool bar and Dinos were a blast. Special thanks to Nadine our housekeeper.

One negative on this trip was the location of our room which was on the south side of the resort and close to another resort. On some nights the noise from the other resort made falling asleep difficult. For our next trip we will remember to request a room on the quiet (north) side. Another negative was I noticed that some guests reserved deck chairs at both the pools and the beach which lead to a shortage of chairs and towels for other guests.

All said we enjoyed our trip. The resort, facilities, and staff are great. We will be returning in the next year or two for sure.

Room Tip: One negative on this trip was the location of our room which was on the south side of the resort and close to another resort. On some nights the noise from the other resort made falling asleep difficult. For our next trip we will remember to request a room on the quiet (north) side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JimiH
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for your review of Beaches Negril.We're so glad that you enjoyed another awesome stay at our resort. We always strive to meet the expectations of all of our guests and I'm happy this was the case during your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Just returned from my family spring break vacation April 3rd thru April 9th, with my family ranging in age from 14 to 78 and we all had a wonderful time. We had a party of 6 so I was a little concerned about transporting from the airport to the resort no problem my advice would be to use a travel agent when traveling internationally if at all possible,the mini bus was perfect for my party and luggage.The staff was exceptional with special mention to Trudy Ann(Executive Assistant), Beverly(Candlelight Dinner Server) Seymour(Cook in The Mill) Suzan(Server in The Mill) Shelly(Entertainment), Adrain (General Manager),Glen(Chef), Evan(Executive Chef), Gregory(Waiter The Venetian) and many many more! The only drawbacks that would prevent an excellent rating are no elevators, the locals approaching in the beach area (I do not experience that anywhere else in the Caribbean) and last but the worst the SAND FLEAS! If these issues are addressed with the superior customer service this could be my favorite Caribbean destination.

Stayed: April 2014

We're glad that you had a wonderful stay at Beaches Negril overall. Thank you so much for your review. We always want our guests to experience top-notch vacations with us and it seems you were pleased with your entire stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We just got back from Beaches Negril, we were there April 1-9. My kids did not want to leave the hotel, mainly because of all the wonderful staff who they now call friends! The beach, hotel, food, activities, shows and Sesame Street performances were amazing! We especially want to thank the entertainment crew, namely Kenton, Caffrey, Shelly, O'Shane, Omar and Shandane for their great service and making this an unforgettable experience for my kids who won't stop talking about them. We also want to thank Orville, Vaneesia and Samantha from Arizona's restaurant for all their great service and always going a step beyond. Arizona's was one of the best restaurants on the resort, along with the Venetian. We are already planning our return trip to Beaches Negril!!!!! After having been to Beaches Turks and Caicos twice, I didn't know how Negril would measure up, but it far surpassed any expectations we had and we will definitely be back again!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nfal

We're so happy to know that you had a vacation to remember at Beaches Negril. We always strive to offer amazing and unforgettable experiences to our guests and I'm so glad that you and your family had such a great stay with us! Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you all back soon for another awesome stay!