Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
US$79
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$863
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$166
US$148
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$1,313
TripAdvisor
5,510 results
All reviewskids campsesame streetcafe de parisstew fishbanana boatbig topfamily vacationclub liquidx boxxbox roomcookie monsterdino's pizzacharacter breakfastadrian whiteheadwater sportskids clubthe main pool bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had been looking forward to this trip for months and it definitely lived up to my expectations. The resort could not have been nicer- it was very clean and absolutely gorgeous. There were tons of pretty plants around the walkways and by the rooms. The room my family and I stayed in was very nice- the feel of the room was very cozy but also very sophisticated. I'm a teenage girl, and even though I shared the room with my brother and my parents I never felt cramped. Beds were very comfortable! The staff was very friendly and would always talk to you. The staff also did a great job setting up for different events. While we were there the resort put on a beach party (a big dinner buffet on the beach with entertainment) and "Jamaica Day" (traditional, but very yummy, Jamaican food was served on the beach in a buffet style for lunch and local craftsmen were on the resort selling their jewelry, sculptures, etc.). As a high school senior, I wanted nothing more than to sit on the beach and relax the entire trip, but my 15-year old brother was a different story. He was always with the teen events staff (he really enjoyed them) and he participated in a number of the different teen events- including a teen cruise, which he also really liked. My entire family got involved with the water sports activities; we used the paddle boards and the hobicats at our leisure and also went on a snorkeling excursion, as well as the glass bottom boat tour. There is as much to do at the resort as you would like, but it's not overwhelming and allows for plenty of relaxation. Seven Mile Beach was absolutely beautiful, and fun to walk on! We took a few walks and never felt unsafe. There were security guards who roamed the beach, which we found comforting even though there was nothing to be nervous about; the locals around the beach were all very friendly. A cool place to walk to was Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. The food here was FANTASTIC- be prepared to eat way too much! I never had a bad meal; all of the restaurants were delicious. Definitely make reservations for Kimmonos and The Venetian! I honestly cannot say one bad thing about this trip- other than the fact it was far too short. I've been home less than 48 hours and cannot wait to go back.

2  Thank Lauren2018
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just returned from great trip to Beaches Negril Resort in Jamaica April 12th-18th. Very clean resort, well manicured grounds, extremely polite and engaging staff. Our accommodations in the Beachfront Concierge Suite were very nice, with daily housecleaning and nightly turndown service---great for family of 4--and could handle 6 pretty easily (as long as you can coordinate shower time). My wife loved just hanging on the beach, I enjoyed the water sports as well as the pool side and beach front watering holes. 18 year old daughter loved the the mix of all the above and 15 yr old son really enjoyed the mix of self directed water sports and opportunities coordinated by the teen program. Definitely recommend the teen cruise. We stayed plenty busy and entertained without taking any of the pay as you go trips off site. Dining options were very good with wide variety of options for the most picky. Prepare to start your day early, the mornings are fantastic--I was on the beach by 6:30am every day staking my claim to a prime location near beachfront bar, water sports area and Stewfish beachfront restraunt for breakfast. This is also a great time to walk/jog the entire 7 mile stretch of beach without concern for safety. Definitely make dinner reservations at the Japanese and Italian restraunts.
As for logistics, consider Club Mobay to speed your trip through customs in the airport, otherwise prepare yourself for a chaotic experience getting out of the airport. When leaving, don't question lead time to get to airport, it made checking in at the airport very smooth, so not sure if Club Mobay will be of much value.
Kids can't wait to go again, and quite frankly, neither can I (and I am a tight wad).

Room Tip: Although we slept well, we could hear our next door neighbors young children very easily. So if you want to sleep in, request a room not adjacent to a room with young children.
2  Thank Ronnie R
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great beach, great location, great people, great memories. The food was superb and so was the service. Everyone was friendly, especially the guys who ran the teens activities, they were very friendly and nice to be around. It was cool being able to walk to Jimmy Buffets's Margaritaville. I loved all the options you had with water sports from water skiing to paddle boarding. All in all it was one of the greatest weeks of my life!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Carterramos
Reviewed 19 April 2014

By paying what we paid, I honestly expected more. I have never written a review of any kind so take it for what it is worth. It is a beautiful resort and gorgeous beach! no doubt there. I learned to scuba dive, but at times did feel pressured to go to the next level, but the instructors are good and it seemed they cared. I was happy with my experience there. Restaurant service is slow. breakfast took 1 hour at Stewfish by myself while my family slept. Beautiful but too long for eggs and french toast. The entertainment is good but I do feel they make it about them too much. Karaoke is more about them doing karaoke. The talent show, was okay, let the guests go and then move it on to what their entertainment staff does once a week. I actually spoke to the entertainment manager and he said I didn't know what I was talking about. So much for the customer being right! He was actually rude. Many of the people are nice but just not sure how sincere they are. Another family had a similar experience at check in. early flight from NY, arrive around 11:30am and we sit. I didn't expect our room to be ready but I did expect to use the facility. They had us sit for a bit, then said we can go to lunch. we then come back and they say the room still isn't ready yet. We sit some more. I would much more prefer open communication that said the room won't be ready till 2pm, please have some lunch, enjoy the property and come back after 3pm. That would have been instructive. Lastly, we booked at 2 adults, 2 children. We checked into our "upgrade ocean view" and it really wasn't an ocean view unless you leaned over the railing. It had one king bed and a sleeper sofa. They brought in a roll out bed but when you say 4 people, 2 doubles or 2 queens is the norm. A bit disappointed in the upgrade. Overall a nice place but not sure you get what you pay form.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Once again, Beaches Negril ensured that everyone in my family (wife, me, daughters 8&10) had a fantastic vacation! As mentioned by others, the best thing about the resort is the staff. They are happy, smiling, solicitous, and generally care about making one's stay superb. They clearly get a lot of training in hospitality but their genuine persona shines through! Many stand out. Shelly from the entertainment team has boundless energy and talent and makes everybody have fun. Arica in the restaurants was very nice and actually remembered us from our visit last year! Rohan and Marlon at the Piazza pool bar were fantastic and always ensuring that everybody had a beverage with HUGE smiles! The housekeeping staff were always with a smile and took nice care of our room. They were very accommodating when the room was occupied. Winston at the Piazza grill was above and beyond the all of duty all the time. He works in a very hot and demanding small area and is ALWAYS with a smile. He remembered my name (the staff have an uncanny ability to remember names!) and always called out to me as I was passing by. I often stopped for a couple of patties just to chat him up! Winston is the epitome of customer service! The entertainment team always have something going on, which is enjoyable to both kids and adults (not an easy feat). The food was pretty good. We ate at the Mill most often as buffets work for the kids selection and my wife is a vegetarian so there are more choices. They try to mix it up a bit but there is quite a bit of repetition. We had some good freshly carved turkey and leg of lamb, which was quite good. We ate at Stewfish which was good. My wife had the vegetarian entrée, which she raved about. I had snapper, which was really fantastic. The apps were ok. The service was very good. We ate at Arizonas a few times and it was surprisingly (very casual) good. My wife had tofu tacos (on the menu!!), which she loved. I had a snapper wrap, which was quite good. I spoke with another guest who's son had some dietary restrictions and he was a amazed at how accommodating they were (more so than many places in the States). The new Café de Paris is a nice addition for early morning coffee. The pastries weren't anything to write home about but the freshly made crépes were da bomb? The beach is spectacular. The pools are nice and clean. The water slides are quite fun. There are a lot of activities such as water skiing, sailing, and tubing. I went scuba diving a few times and the operation is first rate. I have been diving for over 20 years and this team is the real deal. They are very professional and safe. There were quite a few new divers, which they took good care of. The equipment is good. A few people who standout there are Shanique (beautiful smile always with a warm hello), Donovan, Valentine, and Norman. The rooms were quite nice and comfortable. We had the deluxe rooms on the Savannah block. This group of rooms is centrally located. The entire resort is easy to get around and beautifully taken care of. In my opinion, the concierge or butler rooms are unnecessary unless you want to stay in your room and be served. There was never a problem finding a beach/pool chair or a seat at a restaurant despite the resort being quite full. The thing is that ALL the staff go out of their way making the concierge and butler services redundant. I asked for some nutmeg for my rum punch and Rohan was running all over the resort trying to locate some. He actually brought some from outside the resort the next day!!! My only gripe is the lack of pool towels. I believe it is a vicious cycle because the guests see the short supply and then hoard them and then the staff is reluctant to put more out. This is just my speculation. Nevertheless, they need many more towels available. This wasn't too much of a problem for us as we simply asked for more room towels and used those! I have omitted many outstanding staff due to my aging memory and lack of space. I must emphasize that EVERYBODY was outstanding and mad the trip stellar. As an aside, Beaches is really raising their rates rapidly. I inquired about a trip here next year and the same package (we had two adjoining rooms) was about 25% higher than this year and almost 40% higher than last year. We stay the same peak weeks. That alone may dissuade me from returning. Although, my daughters desperately want to return so I'll likely cave (gladly!).

2  Thank diveray