“I'm coming back”

GreenLeadersGold level
Maricopa, Arizona
“I'm coming back”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

A special vacation for adults only to celebrate many milestones. Seven days at the end of April in perfect weather, typical 70 to 80's and occasional afternoon rain. (nap time)!!!! Plenty to do to keep you busy or just relax on the beach and soak in the ocean never a duke moment.
To make it all happen was the above and beyond hospitality treatment by all the Beaches Players and employees. Especially the poolside, restaurant and beach bartenders that was entertainment in itself.
Thanks to all of you for a great week, I shall return and hope everyone that travels to Jamaica will stay at Beaches. You'll love it.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Philphil6
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello there and thank you for your review!

We are thrilled that your stay at Beaches Negril was all that you had expected and more! It sounds like you had great time exploring the beauty of Jamaica and we appreciate you allowing us to be a part of your celebrations. We certainly look forward to your return and to creating many more happy memories with you in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,227)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 May 2014

As always, the Beaches family of Brands always delivers. My husband and I traveled to beaches Negril from Jan 28, 2014- Feb 4, 2014. We have had the pleasure of staying at 2 other Beaches properties, one being Turqs and Caicos and the other Beaches Sandy Bay (which is no longer a Beaches property) and loved them both. However, this was the first time at Beaches Negril. Needless to say we were not disappointed. The GM Adrian Whitehead and Sales Manager Ieshia were always there to listen to everyone and always out mingling with the guests.

As always we were greeted in the warm Jamaican fashion at the airport and quickly driven to our beautiful resort. We were greeted warmly at checkin and the staff in the concierge was amazing. I have lost my list of names, but I will say EVERYONE in Concierge was great. Upon arrival I was frazzled by a banking issue with my company and had to fax some paperwork to the bank and concierge worked with me for a couple of hours until this issue was resolved and I could continue on with my vacation. They truly went above and beyond the call of duty. For the rest of the week if I needed anything, they were right there with a smile. I do especially remember Natalie, Stephanie, Karen and Patrice, but all the staff in Concierge deserves a Kudoos.

I will have to say that I LOVED our beautiful well appointed room. The bed was so comfortable, the room was updated, modern and clean and much nicer than the one we have stayed in previously at Beaches Turqs. The shower had great water pressure and hot water! We were in a Negril Honeymoon Beachfront Grande Luxe Concierge Room and the view was amazing! We have some beautiful photos from our balcony of the Jamaican Sunsets. Our housekeeping staff was very considerate and did an excellent job.

The food was very good at this resort. My biggest complaint to the Sandals / Beaches company is no Veggie burgers. They do offer a precooked frozen one, but it is not edible. Again, the concierge came through and the “Head Chef” Glen went out of his way and made me 4 HOMEMADE Veggie burgers and put my name on them and left them at the BBQ grill for just me! There are not many resorts that would go to such lengths to make their guests happy. It was nice to see Winston in the grill, he had previously been at Beaches Sandy Bay and actually remembered my husband. Also, Ronette in Arizona’s made my Birthday dinner a special one. They had me a little cake made and spelled out Happy Birthday with flower petals. It was so lovely and very much appreciated. The Sandals/Beaches signature guest dinner was very good and they had a Cheese Cannoli that was very delicious and really should have been on the menu. I am not much of a Buffet kind of person but The Mill was good the 2 times I ate at it. I did love the fact they had little picnic tables for the children. I really could not complain about the food, was all very nice for an all inclusive resort.

The entertainment staff O’Shane, Shelly, Kenton and Neisha were always up to something. We had a great time watching the SuperBowl with them, even though my team lost! As far as the nightly shows, I saw 2 of them for a bit, what I saw was nice.

My husband is a Scuba Diver and had nothing but wonderful experiences with the dive staff. Desirick, Larry, Charles, Donovan, Samuel and Valentine, you were all excellent and very knowledgeable about the reefs and dive spots and always made very one feel at home and comfortable.

There also were others that were always around with a smile on their faces, ready and willing to help! Ricardo, Courtney, Shawna, Trisbelle, Cayona and Dwayne. Thanks for making our stay a memorable one.

My biggest let down was the Red Lane Spa, both the service level and environment. My experience there was not wonderful, however, Adrian Whitehead, the concierge staff and Ieshia quickly took my concerns and suggestions to heart and advised they would pass it along to the Spa. I hope that they did, but never got any type of response from the Spa Manager. I agree that it is a family resort, and that Mom’s and children may want to do treatments together, HOWEVER, children should only be allowed in the spa a certain times. A spa is a place to relax, not only for someone traveling without children, but for those Mom’s needing a break. There is nothing relaxing about hearing children running around the spa and Parent’s calling them down. I hope that there has been improvements both with the staff but the environment of the spa as well.

By far in my opinion, Beaches Negril is my favorite family All inclusive resort. I personally like the intimate “boutique” feel of this resort and the Beach is beautiful, the water calm and the sunsets breathtaking. But MOST of all the warm loving Jamaican people and their warm and welcoming nature that makes this a place that as a travel agent I sell with confidence, but would return with my family with no reservations

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 3jsmom4
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

All i can say is WOW

After spending 9 hours on one of the most uncomfortable flights i have ever been on arriving at Beaches was a God send.

The porters had drinks ready and carried all our luggage to our beautifully decorated room with air conditioning and a fridge full of drinks incase we were still feeling any bit thirsty.

The porters the cleaners and staff were all 5 star and always willing to go the extra mile even to the point of finding my grandmother mangoes outside the resort ( thank you Catherine from the Stew fish restaurant )

also me being a tennis player all my life the pro coach on the resort a gentlemen by the name of Coleman was always available to have a decent hit with he also coaches the number 4 tennis pro in Jamaica and this kid can really play it was amazing to see.

I highly recommend this resort...

1 Thank Luke N
Old Bridge, New Jersry
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This year was our eleventh time to Beaches Negril. Each time has been more than a pleasure. Of course, each year gets better with the constant improvements and renovations to the resort. The rooms are nice, the staff is fantastic, and the food, restaurants, entertainment, and hospitality of the resort have been fantastic. My family is always pleased with Beaches Negril, which is why we return back every year, and have already booked our trip for next year. There are a few departments in the resort we'd like to mention that really made us enjoy our stay.

First off, Entertainment was fantastic. Each employee was very kind, and a pleasure to be around! Especially our friend Shelly. Shelly is one of the outstanding employees in the Entertainment Department. She made my family laugh, smile, and overall enjoy our fantastic trip. She, as well as the other entertainment staff members, is always very happy and bright. All of the staff constantly had a warm smile on their faces. We can't wait to see all of the other Entertainment employees, such as Garett, Oshane, Kenton, Omar, Shaneka, Caffrrey, Jermaine Walton, O'Brian, Tanya, etc. The entertainment employees are one of the reasons as to why my family is going to return to Beaches Negril next year in 2015.

In addition, the Kids Camp Department was also fantastic. Each of the employees there were always very pleasurable to be around. They are fantastic with the kids, and know how to make each and every one of them laugh and smile. We have known many of them for several years, and are always delighted to see their happy faces again each year. Some of the employees in Kids Camp we'd like to give a shout out to are Nicolette, Shellean Perry, Cynthia, Judith, Annakay, Dorrette, Paula, Samantha, Marlene, Blossom, Sharron, Pollyanna, Arnex, Simone Johnson., Anease, etc.

Another department that helped us to enjoy our stay at Beaches Negril was the Butlers' Department. This year was the first year we'd ever had a butler, and let me say that they were awesome! Our butlers were Novia and Conrad. We've known them for a few years, but this is our first time having them as our butlers. They certainly did a fantastic, outstanding job of making us happy and pleasing us throughout our stay from day one to the moment we left the property. We can't wait to see them again next year!

Another department we'd like to give a shout out to is Photoshop, consisting of Simone Morris, Nicola, Nicolette, Antwayne, Revon, Adrian, etc. Always taking great pics and continuing to fulfill our vacation.

Up in the office and at the front desk we'd like to thank Daniella, Adrian, Roger, Alexander, Courtney, Hilroy, and Genette for always treating us well year after year and always making sure we are having the best vacation possible.

Thank you to all of the staff at Beaches Negril for encouraging us to have a fantastic vacation and making us want to continue to come back each year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BobbyF313
Waterford, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We returned on April 28th after an excellent 1 week vacation. I travelled with my wife and her sister, husband and 2 small children (ages 2 and 4). I must say this resort was beautiful and met all expectations. Being smaller it was so easy to get anywhere you wanted in just minutes. The pool and water slide was a lot of fun and enjoyed by all everyday. As for the beach it is one of the best I have ever been to. Great swimming in the ocean with crystal clear water and no problem for the 2 kids. Everyday back and forth from beach to pool was easy and kept the kids well entertained.
The food was great everywhere we ate from the buffet to the specialty restaurants. Always a good selection, fresh and hot. We enjoyed eating on the beach at Stewfish in the morning and at night. All around this resort gave us everything we wanted, great food, beach, pool and activities for kids.
Most of all I can not express enough how great the staff is here. Upon arrival we were greeted by Nicholas who made us feel right at home. The wait staff and housekeeping were great. Our rooms were clean and stocked everyday, perfect. Wait staff went out of there way to help with the kids when maybe they needed something special, dare I say the kids may have been cranky a couple times playing all day long. As for the entertainment team, I praise their extra hard work at keeping all the people happy. They work so hard every single day. We enjoyed the shows every night as the kids really looked forward to them. Kenton and Caffery were amazing. A very special thanks to O'Brien who the kids seemed to latch onto on one of our first days. He made a special effort to come and see us everyday, always there to help out, offer advice and provide entertainment. He even came in early the day we were leaving to say goodby and see us off on the bus which was simply amazing. We loved our stay at Beaches and will return. Beautiful resort but the great staff make it even better!

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous holiday at Beaches Negril. The kids, ages 13 and 15, had such a fantastic time that our vacation can be summed up simply by saying .... we have booked to go back again next summer! The hotel is situated right on the beach and its location is simply stunning. The grounds felt very safe and secure, so much so that we felt happy to let the kids wander around, taking part in whatever activities they wished to do. They particularly loved the many water sports on offer, and making tidal wave splashes down the water slides. We did not feel the need to leave the resort once during our two week stay as everything we wanted was here! The food is varied and caters for all tastes with several different restaurants to dine in. We really loved Stew Fish for breakfast, dining on the beach overlooking the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. Kimonos for dinner, was a tasty Japanese Restaurant and great fun, sitting with other guests and being entertained by the chef whilst he cooks our food in front of us on the hot plate. Cafe de Paris was like walking into your local coffee shop, and we were always greeted by lovely, friendly young ladies, with a genuine warm smile. They even produced some egg free brownies and dairy free ice-cream for my egg-allergic daughter! Special thanks to the whole entertainment team, who made the vacation such fun for the kids. In particular - O'Shane, O'Brien, the Jermaine (s) and especially the enthusiastic and likeable Kenton and Caffrey, who quickly became the kids No, 1 Crew Rep when he founded the 'Rebel Gang' and enlisted two new members. So please let him know that Optimus Reb and Master Reb cannot wait to return next year in August for some more Jamaican fun :D

2 Thank SueKemp2014
stevensville md
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We have stayed at many Ais in the Caribean, this was a keeper! The resort was beautiful. Travelled with 3 teens (14, 16 and 16) and they all managed to stay active, fully fed, and all rested well. Stayed at Beaches and would recommend - all the restaurants were great (arizona we could have skipped...). Breakfast on the beach was wonderful. My girls still day dream about being there....Loved it!!

Room Tip: they first put us in 508/509 but it was too close to the childrens' playground so we opted to mo...