“What a week!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Benton, Kentucky
“What a week!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Ok this our first review on trip advisor but here goes....we stayed a week at beaches and arrived home this morning at 1:00am. We stayed in the honeymoon luxury room in the 800 area.

I suppose that an honest review has both the good and bad. Let's start with the bad....

The bed was like a brick and there was no Mountain Dew to drink

After a long thought process that's all the bad I could think of !

Now for the good........

What a week! Now I understand why so many people are obsessed with this resort. It was without a doubt the best vacation we have ever been on. We have travelled all over the US and several foreign countries and this was it!

When we left home our flights were so screwed up and we finally arrived at Montego Bay several hours late. We were tired and frustrated Bernard our driver said no problem we will get you there your worries are over and that's when our wonderful vacation started. Bernard was true to his word and took us on a nice trip to the hotel and out us at ease. He delivered us to Stacy Ann at the front desk. Stacy Ann heard our story, brought us cool cloths and food to hold us over then so we would not have to wait SHE carried our bags to the room so we could quickly get our daughter something to eat before the restaurants closed. What service!

The next week had many similar stories of such great customer service so many that I could not mention all of the names but I will try a few.......
I apologize for name spelling mistakes

First of all the entertainment folks were great! Caffrey spent a lot of time hanging out and visiting with our daughter who is 10 and her friends. Shelly and Neisha spent time with our daughter singing and dancing and when we left we felt like they were family. Our family spent a lot of time at the shows and they always made you feel like they were there to entertain you and your family and spend time with just you. Jermaine was real nice too

The folks at the restaurants were all so great but I have to mention Arica who made my wife sweet tea every morning and checked on us even when she was off to make sure all was well. And Seymour I miss you and your omelets every morning,

Kimberlee in the office was such a help and a very nice person, taking care of our last minute want fir a cabana

The ladies in housekeeping were AWESOME! I wish I could tell you their names but management maybe you could check who took care of 812 for last Friday through this Thursday.
These ladies were in the room cleaning several times a day. The place was spotless and they treated my daughter like a princess. They made towel critters for her every night and even taught her how to make them. They turned down the beds each night and always spent time with my daughter and said good night to their princess

Last but not least is the lady that took care of the cabana. This woman worked tirelessly to make sure our day was flawless. She brought yes so much food and drink that I was dying by the end of the day. Breakfast, nachos, pizza, lunch, snack trays, and to my daughter so many virgin strawberry drinks she was wild! This lady works so hard it was amazing.

So here it is........ If you are looking for a super fancy nose in the air resort this is not it. If you are looking for a resort with the finest staff in the world that will pamper you every waking moment and give your children the time of their lives....... We will see you there next year

4 Thank David M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,219)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The vacation experience I had in Beaches Negril Resort & Spa was amazing the staff, the food, entertainment crew, and the non-alcoholic drink are perfect for the whole family. Kenton, Jermaine W. ,Jermaine, Caffery, Shaneika, and Shadeky are the most fun and enjoyable entertainment crew ever. Also like I was saying about the bar the 3 of my favorite bartenders are Damian, Conroy, Marlon. BTW every body was friendly if you walk by one of the staff mad they say hi why are you mad cheer up then they'll tell you a joke or something that will cheer you up. In conclusion I am Jalen and I'm 10 year old and this is my BEST Vacation Ever.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shernette Syed A
Hopkins, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I recently spent nine days at Beaches Negril and I must say it was the best nine days of my life! The staff took excellent care of us and made our stay one of the most memorable ever! A special thank you to Caffrrey, Kenton, Leggon and Danesha for providing the best and friendliest customer service I've ever experienced and always keeping us entertained and smiling! I've never felt so welcome any place else and look forward to my return to Beaches in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here for a quick wedding visit -- it is truly a paradise for little ones, though not a noisy, dirty mess that one might expect with so many little people around -- it was beautiful and peaceful in the evenings. Staff truly loved being around kids and families, and the nursery experience for us was quiet, friendly, clean and professional. They know to put a momma at ease to give you a few hours to relax. Gym space was clean, modern and refreshing. Food was good for an all-inclusive, extensive choices. Loved the small touches like getting fresh coconuts (with or w/o liquor) and sugarcane one evening, and a huge chocolate buffet the next. Def bring bug spay for the evenings, but no issues on the beach other than that -- lots of chairs and open space. A little pricey, but if you take advantage of all it has to offer, it can be worth it. A few cons -- wish the waterpark/fountain area was open before 10 (the fountain and slides are designed for little ones, who are often up well before your normal guest), check-in was a little slow when we really needed a place for toddler to be changed, unwind after a lot of travel. Special Sesame St services were QUITE pricey.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vaeater
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I went to Beaches Negril on the Sunday before Memorial Day, for a week. After about an hour and a half drive to the resort from Montego Bay Airport, me, my mom, and my sister entered with a warm welcoming from the staff. This is the first time we went to Jamaica through Beaches but we went to Beaches Turks & Caicos about 4 to 5 years ago.

This resort is great, it's practically for anyone! As a teen, I usually spent time between swimming in the pools, the Xbox Garage, snorkeling, eating, and lazing on the beach during the day. The pools were nice and clean. In the Xbox Garage, I mostly played FIFA and versed many people such as workers or other people which was really fun. I loved going to the beach! It was full of excitement with people playing beach volleyball in the sand, vendors selling homemade crafts and clothing, and people doing various water sports like paddle boarding, water skiing, etc.

During the night, my activities would consist of watching interesting performances at the Big Top, hanging out at Trench Town occasionally, dancing at Club Liquid occasionally also, and meeting and talking to people. The performances were really neat and each night had a theme. Trench Town is place for only tweens/teens are allowed and it was a cool hang out place to converse with others. Club Liquid is pretty cool too with a DJ and a dance floor. At Liquid, it opens at 10 p.m. and ends at 11 p.m. for teens but if you come earlier, you'll be dancing with no one. Trench Town and Club Liquid is only fun and enjoyable when there are other teens there...

Most of the food was really good but some foods were created with different ingredients which (may) taste different to many Americans. The only thing about the food was there was not much variety for breakfast, lunch, or dinner to choose from. For example, there was only three non-reserve restaurants and all were really good, but the food available in each was not a lot to choose from. The two reservation restaurants are Kimono's (Japanese) and The Venetian (Italian).

The activities for teens were fun. One of them was a Teens Cruise which went to Rick's Cafe (you can't jump off the cliff), a small cave (you swim in it), and then MargaritaVille which has two water trampolines that is connected by a slippery, spinning cylinder thing (and you try to get across it with out falling). At first, I couldn't find any teens at the resort but they just appear out of nowhere when the cruise came.

The people are so nice, social, and talkative. Me and my sister made a lot of friends with the workers, mostly from the entertainment crew. They were all really cool and nice. The people at the resort are all really laid back and chill and nice to make a good conversation.

The room we stayed at Beaches were really clean and cozy, had an ocean view and two rooms. Both had a television, refrigerator, and bathroom with a sink, toilet, shower, and a safe. We didn't order any butler services so we don't know if the service is slow or not. Our housekeeper was really nice and good. Though, you can't tip them unfortunately.

In conclusion, Beaches Negril is the place to find good hospitality, a nice, busy beach, good food but very little variety, good entertainment, and very social and kind people!
Beaches Turks & Caicos has many positives such as a big and private resort and a variety of food but there weren't many sociable people.
So both resorts are worth to visit for at least a week but I'd have to say, Beaches Negril has impressed me since the first step in the resort. I'm definitely coming back eventually!

2 Thank katiexlarue
Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our family went to Beaches Negril for the second time. It gets better every time. Our room was great along with Concierge Service and especially the service from Oshain from the pool bar by the BBQ park. He welcomed us and took care of us on a daily basis. We will definitely be going back soon.

Room Tip: As for the corner rooms. Great lay outs.