“Excellent Vacation!!!!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Beaches Negril is an absolutely beautiful resort! The resort is well maintained and extremely clean which is very important to me. We had the butler service and I can not tell you enough on how wonderful they were. We had Ricardo and Carla as our butlers and they were amazing!!! When my family arrived we were missing my sister and her 2 daughters due to a passport issue back in the States and both Ricardo and Carla took on the task of helping us in getting things figured out on the resort end such as hotel transfer and those things. The day they arrived which was 3 days after us, they decorated our room with balloons and food and made them feel so special. I can not thank them enough for all that they did! The staff are all so friendly and we loved Venesia and Dahalia (waitresses), Lorenzo (bartender), Colleen (the master of "Jamerican braids") and Simone with crafts. These are just a few that we got to know on our stay but truly everyone was wonderful. The beach area was beautiful and the pools were great too! We all enjoyed the water slides which are fun for the young and old!! It was an excellent vacation! We love Sandals/Beaches resorts! They are the only resorts we stay out due to the excellence in food and the cleaniness!

1  Thank jlkoons
There are newer reviews for Beaches Negril Resort & Spa

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My family and I recently stayed here for three nights. The hotel was impeccable and the staff were helpful and friendly. Simara and Lucine work in concierge services and they went above and beyond to make sure that my family and I had the best possible vacation experience possible. They greeted us with smiles and were warm and inviting. They were happy to help us make our water sports and restaurant reservations. The hotel offers free entertainment every night and the bar tenders sing enthusiastically as they serve your drinks. There was a staff member named Alton who helped run the snorkeling expedition. He made sure that all of the guests felt safe, and he would point out all of the fascinating sea creatures that lived in the crystal clear ocean. All of the restaurants served delicious meals but our favorite was the Cafe de Paris. The coffee and desserts were amazing. This was by far the best vacation we have been to and our family will definitely be going back again.

1  Thank Daly G

Beaches Negril
I'm leaving today 13th August 2014 after spending 14 nights here, I enjoyed every day food, cocktails and staff are amazing they go out of their way to accommodate you. Jodi Dixen we meet last year is a awesome person she has a great personality, friendly and is very funny she makes amazing cocktails, she works at the pool bar but is based on the beach taking your orders. These are the staff that have made my holiday,
Jodian Dixen beach bar
Creton life guard
Adrian Samuels bar
Nicoy trains in gym
Odell at the mill
Denesha Brown cobana
Shelley and Neshia in entertainment are great talented people with lovely personalities.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was a long anticipated trip and Beaches Negril did not disappoint! This was my 6th Sandals/Beaches Trip. The trip started off great with the kids and I being the only people on our small shuttle van. Private transfer!

Room: The room was the standard style that you find at Beaches/Sandals. Plenty of room for me and my 2 teens. Plenty of closet space, hangers, and the suitcases stored nicely under the bed. Rooms now come equipped with XBOX. Rooms were serviced in a timely manner and refrigerator was re-stocked daily. I forgot the name of our block, but we were in the 700's. We had to walk to most things but the tradeoff was our area was quiet.

Restaurants: We dined at all of them. We had a great time at Kimono's, and it was the kids' favorite. My daughter was impressed that they made her vegetarian sushi. Typically I do the breakfast buffet, but on this trip I had breakfast daily at Stewfish. It was right on the beach and sparsely used for breakfast so nice and relaxing. Café de Paris had a nice rotation of deserts and ice cream flavors. The pizza place is great! I wish they had a "beach shack" place like some of the Sandals where they had just jerk chicken and pork going all day right out on the water.

Teen Club: My kids had a blast! They had a group of about 8 of them that roamed the resort together. They got to take 2 "teen" boat trips to Rick's Café and Margaritavile. The kids also participated in the "resort shop" fashion show, Jamiaca Day Parade, and enjoyed the teen disco nightly. They met kids from the UK and Canada and are still in touch with them. My younger teen took full advantage of the water slides and pool basketball.

Watersports: This is my favorite part. I went scuba diving daily. The kids and I also went on several snorkeling trips. The diving in Negril isn't that dramatic, but it was still a great time and great watersports crew.

Returning Guests: Sandals/Beaches always takes good care of returning guests with some nice perks. I enjoyed my complimentary massage and the returning guest dinner and cocktail hour. No t-shirts this time though.

Entertainment: I never miss the Silverbird Steel drum and neither should you! The XBOX center was a nice air conditioned retreat and the mini-golf is small, but challenging! There aren't large production shows, but they are local and authentic.

Overall: We had a fantastic time! Some of the people who contributed to that were 007, Karen, Jermaine, O'shane, Shane, Sheredeky, Eunice, Briony, and the wonderful women who handled the bookings for Scuba and Snorkeling! I did not get her name!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Overall, this was an excellent 11-day vacation for our family from which we just returned.

The dive team was fantastic and it was extremely convenient to be able to do two dives a day.

The beachfront concierge room was disappointing since the trees blocked the view of the beach and sea.

The Stewfish restaurant location on the beach and the staff were terrific. We went to Kimonos twice and enjoyed it both times.

Renting a cabana was worthwhile to relax on the beach and the cabana staff provided a high level of service.

The beach and the Sea were a lot of fun for adults and kids.

Areas for improvement are
* The main pool was always full of insects floating on the surface. The resort management should spend $100 to put in pool skimmer weirs (skimmer doors) so the skimmers could catch the insects. There were no skimmer weirs in any of the skimmers.
* They should provide water skiing service in the afternoon. Break it into two sessions -- one for experienced skiers and one for newbies. Additionally, each ski session needs to be longer. When we were there, the boat took you out and back for a two-minute ride.
* Besides the burgers, and fries that are provided at the Barbq Park, it would be worthwhile if they could also provide healthy food, such as salads and fruit.
* Wifi should be included and not require more dollars. Even when you've paid for Wifi, it restricts how many devices you can have active and there was no way to say which devices should be active or inactive. When it blocked a device after one entered the subscription token, a web page comes up saying that the device is blocked and claiming that one can pay for more devices -- but clicking the link to pay for more devices kept returning to the same error page. For a family of four, we had eleven devices (three iPhones, three iPads, three Kindles, one iPod, and one MacBookAir.) We definitely had no reason to use them all at the same time. However, when we were spread out on the beach and at activities, we'd want to use iMessage to communicate on where to meet. In our room, while a thunderstorm was underway, we'd want to use our iPads -- and occasionally get our Kindles online to get more books.

We'd definitely return again -- even though it's a long trip from California including the hour it took to get through customers when we arrived. When we flew back home on Sunday, it took seventeen hours from when we left the resort until we arrived home (and that included our four hour layover in Houston which was our only stop.)

Room Tip: Our beachfront concierge room had trees blocking the view of the beach and sea.
1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a great time here. The resort is beautiful, staff is stellar and entertaining. The property is a bit more condensed than Beaches Turks and Caicos which is very spreadout. I had a standard room with a great view and was very pleased. Food was yummy and we had so much fun at the dance club until very very late...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great family hotel with staff always willing to help. Tasty food from a good choice of restaurants and a huge variety of delicious cocktails made and served by exceptionally friendly and competent bar staff are just two factors that make Beaches a wonderful place to stay. In fact the staff at Beaches – from management to those tending the beautiful gardens - makes all the difference when compared with numerous other resorts at which we’ve stayed in Jamaica. Jodie Dixon, Adrian Samuels, Denesha Brown are just a few of the brilliant staff members who not only made our recent holiday at Beaches special, but who will make you want to go back as soon as you’ve left.
Everton Mowatt, 15 August 2014

Room Tip: Sea views are best.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!