“I can't wait to return!”
Review of Beachcomber Club

Beachcomber Club
Ranked #52 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed at the Beachcomber for a week in March 2013. This was one of my most enjoyable vacations.
Although the food selection was limited, it was consistently delicious. I have stayed at larger resorts with larger spreads and I ate less because the quality was sub par.
The staff was excellent! Everybody was pleasant and eager to accommodate. They were always friendly and seem to look out for the guests.
The rooms are huge. I stayed in a suite with a large bedroom, nice sized bathroom, kitchen and a washer/dryer. With that said, the rooms are clean but in need of updating. I would hate to return to the same linens etc. We were told the renovations are on the way.
Overall, the beachcomber is an excellent value for the rates. You won't find a better location, food or staff for these prices.
Kelly, NJ

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Kelly36NJ

Reviewed 1 April 2013

March 20-27 spent at the BCC.
We had read all the reviews and had mixed feelings about this resort and what to expect. We are 3 star people and didn’t expect anything more.
The staff is what made the place for me. Melissa, Susan, Tanisha and Saneika all have a smile and personality that warmed my heart, something I will never forget. All the staff goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Claude became our buddy and went above and beyond to make us comfortable at all times.

We were a party of four, and had a second floor suite. Two huge bedrooms with bathrooms, separated by another bathroom, kitchen, dining room, living room and washer/dryer. An extra-large balcony that was so great to have. There was lots of hot water, but water pressure was a problem at times. We later found out that it is a problem throughout Negril.
The bedding, draperies and towels are all in need of replacing, but they are clean. There are locks and double locks on all the doors, make sure they are all locked and keep your mind at ease.

The safety deposit boxes are at the front desk. There aren’t enough to go around, so we doubled up. It was just mainly to keep passports in anyway. We didn’t have to pay for ours because we were sunquest, sunwing people had to pay.

The meals were basic, but filling. My only advice is, if they say supper is at 7:00… Be there at 7:00. The resort was only about 1/3 full, so they just make enough food.

The reviews are right. The BCC has the best beach I saw on all of 7-mile beach! If you have any questions about getting off the resort to do things, Claude will help you. If you need a boat, find Captain Andy, he is very accommodating.

I found the Beachcomber Club to be a very comfortable place. Never felt nervous or afraid. It would be nice to see it updated. Amazing what a new coat of paint, draperies and bedding would do.

If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to send me a message….. No worries Mon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank SherO366
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed for one week at the BeachComber club. The staff including Melissa, Tanisha, Suzanne, and Claude serve you above and beyond. They are really trying their very best with what they have to work with. House keeping staff did a wonderful job as well. If you require anything everyone was there to serve you. Wonderful people, made our stay welcoming and inviting. Claude lined up wonderful snorkel tour with Captain Andy (a very good man). The accommodations were below standard and are in desperate need of repair and updating. Water problems in our Apt/ Suite, poor water pressure, and power fluctuated.(Power problems, however are all over the island, this is not a hotel problem) Rooms need new bedding and drapery , canopys over bed are in desperate need of cleaning, or removal. Doors were not secure for Hotel purposes but we had no problems with security.Thank you Roy for making us feel safe at night. However, Food was very good. Excellent breakfasts and suppers. But you needed to be on time for meals, or you would miss out. Beach out back was fantastic! Just make sure Claude lines you up for your seating. Lots to see if your snorkelling and lots of fish, starfish and manta ray activity. Would love to go back if hotel was updated a bit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jo and Don M
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I must be honest, the rooms need to be updated(which I believe is in process). The staff are some of the friendliest people you want to meet. The food was pretty decent. The location is GREAT. Overall a wonderful experience and I would definitely stay again...Angelica E. of New Jersey

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Angjelly
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I recently ( feb-2013) returned from a two week stay at the Beachcomber resort in Negril and have nothing but good things to say about this resort.From the moment i checked in all the staff were friendly,attentive and helpful ,my room was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed and excellant maid service.The food was well prepared,consisting of typical Carribean staples,fish ,pork,chicken,fresh fruit and salads,pasta etc.with grilled lobster on Sunday evenings.The resort is ideally situated in the centre of Seven mile beach on arguably the best part of the whole beach within an easy 15 minute stroll in either direction to numerous bars,restaurants and souvenir shops.The resort beach was cleaned and raked each morning with plenty of lounge chairs for everyone with ideal water conditions even for non-swimmers.Security guards were on duty around the clock for your safety and well being which does seem to suggest that reports of theft were perhaps insurance (scam) related. To sum up this review,if you want a 5 star resort by all means spend the extra $2000 and pretend you are in Jamaica.If you want a laid back,stress free genuine Jamaican vacation at a quiet,friendly,inexpensive resort within easy walking distance of all the action you may require, then I suggest you give The Beachcomber a try

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Brian h
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We booked here because it was cheaper than other options for our family; we planned many excursions, and knew we wouldn't be spending much time at any resort. Ultimately, it worked well for that, but it's not a place we'd come to stay and spend all of our time like you would at a Beaches or Sandals, or even one of the better kept smaller properties. There are a few members of the staff working really hard to do the best they can with this dated property; our family really appreciated all their efforts. The rooms are big and clean, especially the apartments/suites, but are just short of disrepair. The food was really good for a limited options buffet, but you'll want to be on time for the meals. There is no grill at the resort for eating outside of the designated meal times, so you'll have to go elsewhere for that, which can be a good thing, as there are plenty of eating options withing walking distance. The bar was usually short of something, so drink options were limited at times. For one of the smaller resorts at Negril, it does have a nice piece of beach, probably one of the best for comparably sized resorts. It was our third trip to Negril, but I don't remember that many people trying to sell you stuff on the beach. Not sure if that's because the resort lacks security to keep them moving, if there are just more of them, or if it's because it's next to Margaritaville which is an all out free for all of people selling you something or trying to get you out on jet skis. Didn't have any problems with anything getting stolen, just taking the basic precautions everyone should take when traveling, nor did we ever feel unsafe or threatened. If you want a cheap place on the beach where you can keep your bags as you explore the island, Beachcomber would be good for you, but don't expect a nice resort that you'll want to spend all of your time at.

Room Tip: It's probably the best value for a two bedroom suite in Negril, and they are big suites. The ap...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Booked the beachcomber with little expectations for Feb 15,2013. Heard the food was bad and other bad reviews. I do three trips a winter to different resorts, mostly all inclusives, so I wasn't expecting much, but the price was right. THIS was the friendliest resort I have stayed at. The staff could not of been more accommadating. Everything was clean, no little bugs by your sink. The location was perfect, right in the middle of the seven mile beach, not far to anything you might want to do, and there was lots to see and do. The food was well cooked, just not a lot of variety. You have to remember they are only cooking for maybe 30 people at a time, as a lot of these guests have kitchens ,so are not packages. I only ate off resort twice. Once on a day trip to Ricks and once at Margerittaville, which is right next door. The bar does close at 10, but by then you are either heading out on the town or settling down for the night. Getting back to the food, In the morning you had Crispy bacon or sausages, scrambled or fried eggs, pancakes or french toast, some vegtable and fruit. Lots of juices , tea or coffee. Lunch was hamburgs, chicken, french fries which were cooked perfect, not soggy, some rice and some vegtables, and hotdogs. Supper was usually chicken, fish or beef, rice, potatoe, vegtables, and a soup and white or chocholate cake and salads fixings with lunch and supper. I didn't go hungry, took lots of snacks and didn't touch them. The beach chairs were great, they had foam mattresses that you could remove and use as a floatation in the water, great for just floating around on. Had a cabanna every day, thanks to the beach guy, who put our chairs out for us every day. We tipped him each day with 2 dollars. Our fellow guests were all great people and everyone seemed to enjoy their stay with no complaints. I would say most people don't stay at fancy resorts in Negril, waste of money. There is so much to see and do off the resort and on the beach. This resort was not fancy and very small (45 rooms) which I loved, you knew everyone's first name and talked to everybody, guests and staff. I will say again, the staff was awesome. I would go back in a minute, maybe the end of March if I'm lucky!! Beds were great too! Didn't try the spa, but heard people talking about what a great message they had.

Room Tip: The only thing I would of liked to have was a fridge, but I just booked a room. All patios and balc...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends