“The best ever”
Review of Beachcomber Club

Beachcomber Club
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stay at the Beachcomber last Feb for one week and let me tell you we had the best time everyone there was so friendly and very helpful to and we made a really good friend there he is a really good worker loves to work hard and the hotel was many upgrades.And the beach is the most beautiful beach ever we our all booked to go back in Feb 2015 for two weeks we can't wait to see all of you at the Beachcomber see you then!!!

Room Tip: We had a room only last time but this time we our getting a one bedroom apt !!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mcampeau
BBCDIRECTORS10, Guest Relations Manager at Beachcomber Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in February 2015! Have a happy Holidays!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at the beachcomber from July 4-11 and had the most amazing vacations. First let me say that after reading previous reviews we were hesitant to stay at the beachcomber. We are so happy that we did. First off there is no better beach in Jamaica right in the middle of 7 mile. We spend alot of time at the beach and our son enjoyed snorkeling along the shore as well as tramploines available right next door at Margaritaville. The Food is better than any chain resort. Best jerk chicken, goat and fish i have ever eaten! We were the only family staying there for the first 5 days as the resort just opened after renovations. We were treated like royalty! Just be sure to respect the staff and tip accordingly. The cab rides into negril will cost about $3 and very short ride. We mae daily trips for shopping. For excursions i would book through the guys selling on the beach rather than through resorts as we saved hundreds of dollars doing this. We will go back to Jamaica and stay at only the beachcomber because of our experience. One down side is that the pool was not functional but who wants a pool with crystal blue waters at your toes!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Spice12014

Thank you for your wonderful review! We so are happy you enjoyed your stay and chose to come despite some previous bad comments. Thank you for speaking so highly of the staff, the beach, our food, and the renovations we have been doing. Thank for also letting us know you found the pool not functional that week. We clean the pool every morning and will make sure this is carried out. We are especially glad that you felt like royalty, this makes all our efforts so rewarding! We hope you have a happy holidays and wish you all the best for the New Year!

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Well, after almost a 24 hour trip from Sweden to Jamaica, the hotel discoverd that they has overbooked 4 familys...( Well, we stayed at great Charela Inn our 4 last days insteas and was more than happy.) A great location though, a great seaview from our apartment. But as an all inclusive= don't buy it, do your own breakfast and go out for dinner!! Seven Miles Beach is great- so visit Negril!!

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank lagottoromagnolo
19Ruby20, Manager at Beachcomber Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We are surprised and sorry you did not enjoy the food at Beachcomber Club, as we provide authentic Jamaican, American and European cuisine. We do not usually receive food complaints but if there are any concerns, we encourage our clients to notify us if their meal is unsatisfactory and we can prepare something more to your liking. We are delighted you enjoyed your room at Beachcomber Club and hope you enjoyed your stay on our beautiful island.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We just got home from a wonderful week at the Beachcomber! We have stayed there many times before and will return again. The location is great! The staff is so friendly and make you feel so welcome. The food is also very good! They are going to be doing some refurbishing of their rooms very soon also. I am looking forward to my next visit there!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paulatapc
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I want to first Say that this was my fifth or sixth time to Jamaica And I stayed all around the island from Montego Bay , ochi, West Moreland Lucea and on negril 7 mile beach. I have stayed at gran Bahia principe twice and I definitely put beachcomber ahead of gran Bahia in terms of overall good time.

So I'm going to start with the pros:

the rooms are large they are kind of like apartments as opposed to just having a room

they only do authentic Jamaican food which I absolutely love and I cannot stress enough how much five-star and four-star resorts typically shy away from Jamaican fair and try to do international food which Intern basically translates to blend Italian tasteless Japanese and burgers hotdogs and french fries.

during the week that I stayed at beachcomber we had one night where we actually were given barbecued lobster - ask the chef to make yours fresh right when you're standing in line and not give you one that's been already grilled before dinner time that when you get on nice fresh non-rubbery lobster.

The drinks that they make at beachcomber are your basic bar rails they do do peanut coladas, sometimes they run out of things but replenish fast enough. Make sure u ask for the all Inclusive drinks, some are not.

yes some of the bartenders can have a bit of an attitude problem if you're not regularly tipping what I suggest if you're going on a budget and you do you like to tip but you don't want to tip every time I suggest you find out what the bartenders name is and the waitresses name is and the housekeepers name is and the person who takes care of the lawn chairs and beach maintenance and see how many days out of ur stay that they r working, when their last day is during ur stay, and tell them u will give a tip at end of the week, write it all down in a little notebook. That way you get good service all week and you can budget and account for and keep track of how much are tipping, and tip each person according.

The maids are very nice ladies if you need anything such as extra towels soap room cleaning your best bet is to get up in the morning and call the front desk to see if you can get someone in first thing or try and catch one of the ladies out when they have their carts out doing or cleaning and let them know what room you're in and what you need and They will bring to ur room.

If you're the type of person who likes a huge buffet was 50 million different things on display, than this is not the place for you. beachcomber is the type of place that feels like home- no-frills, no phoniness, just real authentic home cooking, basic, simple amenities, and a relaxed, go with the flow ambiance.

Another fantastic pro about beachcomber location is just that it's location. Right next-door you have Margaritaville, within walking distance along beach or road are different resturants to try, bars to have a beer at, motorbike rental across the street, grocery store not far, ricks cafe, hedo ll, and many more things to do all within a cheap cab ride away. beacombers location is great because on the 7mile beach theres something fun going on every night.

There's a beach party, or live reggae band every night along the beach at different locations open to all. If you like doing activities like horseback riding see you doing catamaran tours etc. etc. then this is a location u want to be at because you don't have any resort people trying to hustle you to pay ridiculous amounts of money for excursions

there's people to come along the beach and typically Jamaicans are pretty pretty cool when it comes to trying to crack a deal, just be respectful and don't try to hustle the hustler. They r trying to make an honest living, but r flexible with the rates for these things. Even for fresh fruits like mangos, mini bananas, coconuts, all for dirt dirt cheap, but WARNING: do not buy lobster or orange juice. The orange juice is actually water and tang it's not fresh and the lobsters are like crawfish. Only eat lobster from resturants or ur resort, or u will be sadly disappointed.

Another pro a out beachcomber- theres extremely well priced weed/hash/party available nearby if u ask the right people... $40 will get you a hugestick of green, will last u all week and u will have leftovers to gift someone still staying, hash in my opinion is stellar compaired to the weed, i find the ganja doesnt burn well and u have to smoke alot. rule of thumb when buying any "extras" think like this- whatever u spend in the states or Canada, u get the same amount for half price in ja. U also may have to discuss and barter with certain dealers, but Rastas r usually the most honest to deal with.

A negative I heard from ppl staying there when I stayed was that the Wi-Fi that they have is only available in the lobby and apparently from what I heard it's very slow but then again for jerk porks sakes you're in Jamaica go smoke a joint and who gives a beefpatty about checking your email.

The safety boxes r not in rooms, they r at front desk n they log ur cash and belongings each time u sign anything in or out, good system, small charge but worth it for peace of mind. Can be considered pro or con.

Another con to the resort that I found was if you stay on the ground floor expect to see some ants, Jamaican roaches and whatever creepy Crawley bugs find your way their way into the room....bring raid with u n spray ur room everyday to avoid the extra company. This wasn't a huge issue with the bugs however I don't like bugs so next time I go I will most likely get a room on the second floor.

This is a great hotel because the food is great so you won't feel like you're bored of the food and want to go eat off the resort a lot therefore saving money. it has flavour in the jerk chicken n was perfectly cooked every day, along eith rice n peas, they did goat one night, was always nice. bring your own grace hot sauce though if u like extra kick.

the drinks are good what you get for what you pay for is great considering the location is extremely central it's smack dab in the center of the 7 mile Beach.

they keep very good care of the beach, it's not the fastest for guest services or things like towel delivery, it's more of a fend for ur self kind of place, for instance, make sure ur at the buffet when its dinnertime, n grab a table n chat with some people while u wait for the food....arrive too late, it might be gone, so dont complain! be kind, tip at end of the week to staff but daily to maid for towels whatever, And u should not have any issues getting anything u need all week.p

If u tip the beach maintanance guy $10-$30 he will reserve 2 beach chairs n towels for u in ur faves pot under the umbrellas. It will hesitating there waiting for u in the morning. I plan on going back soon, and I'm pretty laid back and simple yet at the same time a high maintenance girlie girl but at no point did I feel like it was a dive place where I couldn't enjoy myself.

Btw the owners ex wife who live on the property is a nice hot blonde, so she was nice to chat up.

The crowd here varies for, older couples, to families, to just twenty something friends, it is not aparty place, the standard rooms do not have a mini fridge, don't expect more than a few fuzzy tv channels, but the rooms r renovated from my understanding, they were doing some renos last time I was there.

The water is hot but some ppl complained about water pressure. Go swim in the ocean n quit ur Bloody Mary crying, ur on vacation in jamaica

this place is defiantly not as bad as ppl make it out to be, I really got to connect with the real vibes in ja while staying here.

Negril locals are amazing ppl too, so friendly and chill. Talked to locals for hours and hours on the beach. Safe place, Ive went solo twice, was never harassed more than typical "ppssst".

Save your money and take a trip to ricks cafe for a live reggae evening n night party. Worth the expensive drink n food, but if u eat prior n get ur drink on at resort before cabbing over, u won't spend too much and get to just vibe out dance in the sand n burn the good stuff.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, away from margaritaville. Getting a 1 bed is a huge improvement from the standard, much b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank ShannonTheQueen
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Beachcomber has the ideal spot, pretty much right in the middle of the seven mile beach. We stayed here 3 times in the past two years, but it is no longer my first choice. Although the food was good, it is quite restricted as to when it is available, so if you choose the all inclusive option, you will be tied to the resort and will miss out on experiencing the great food options along the beach, and you will be quite restricted at the bar as to what drinks are included. We drink light beer, which is not included; the only beer that is included is draft. The rooms were ok, roomy and clean, the shower was iffy, but you can get rinsed off. If you want to be pampered, you'll be better off at the big expensive resorts, but if you're like us, you don't go to Jamaica to sleep, or to see the resort. We had no issues with security and always felt safe. The staff is friendly, but the owner herself interjected herself in a big way into something that I felt was NOHB. While relaxing on the beach, I noticed a young man, an artist carrying some of his artwork along the beach. I called him over to look at his work, because I was looking to hire someone to do a drawing for me. When the owner lady saw me talking to him, she attempted to run him off, but I explained that I had called him over and was interested in hiring him to do a drawing for me. She immediately started pumping me for information as to what kind of art I liked. She didn't accept my explanation that I was NOT interested in art in general, I was planning to hire a local artist to do a drawing of a specific person. I was annoyed at her questions, which I really felt were NOHB. Later that afternoon, while I was getting a drink a the bar, this same owner lady calls down to me from her upstairs balcony, wanting me to come up and see some painting she has. When I told her I did not do stairs, she went and got the painting, holding it over the balcony railing for me to see. I again told her that this is not the kind of art I was looking for, but by now I was getting really quite irritated as I considered this behaviour to be very pushy, and the worst part was she didn't seem to realize that she was exhibiting the same or worse behaviour than those people she chases off the property.

I know that a lot of people are put off by the various venders on the beach trying to earn a living. And I'm sure that it is appreciated by guests when resort staff keeps the vendors away from their property. However, when a guest wants to talk to a vendor, I don't think they should be chased away. And yes, I could have gone out to the public part of the beach to look at his drawings, but I was already comfortable sitting in the shade and didn't want to stand out in the hot sun. I feel that as a guest I should be able to talk to whomever I wish, and to buy from whoever I wish. I did not appreciate this intrusion into my personal business.

I'm sure that the lady was trying to be helpful, but she needs to realize that her actions might be perceived as invasive. I like to meet the local people, and I like talking to the vendors along the beach. I usually at least take a look at what they are offering. If it is not anything I am interested in, I tell them right off that I'm not interested, but then ask them a question, and sometimes it ends up in an interesting chat. For me the vendors and the hustlers are a big part of the whole Jamaican experience, and I have met quite a few people who have very interesting lives. Many people miss out on some truly enlightening conversations, not to mention that the locals can tell you about places and things in Jamaica that the resort staff will not necessarily be aware of.

As mentioned, the Beachcomber is no longer my first choice, mainly because the general attitude of the owner/management is not at all conducive to experiencing Jamaica in the manner I wish. But I would stay there again if my first choice was unavailable. The one thing I really appreciated was that the restaurant staff did not object to my saving food scraps for the beach dogs, and I did not ever see resort staff being mean to the dogs, or chasing them away. To me, how someone treats animals tells a lot about them, but then, so does their treatment of the people with whom they share the beach.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sheila m
BCCDirectors, Manager at Beachcomber Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hello Sheila,
We are glad you enjoyed our location, friendly staff members and spacious rooms and are sorry to hear your disappointment with one of the management. She was, as you pointed out, trying to be helpful. She is a local who knows a great deal about Jamaican art and who could refer you to someone with the best quality and prices for your drawing. We try to give our clients the best service we can and provide an authentic Jamaican experience. Our clients comfort is our number one priority and we apologize if you felt otherwise. Recently we have renovated and invite you to come enjoy our new rooms, and we are sure that we can match your 1st choice hotel. We offer an all inclusive menu and an a la carte menu and guests can easily change from all inclusive to a la carte or vice versa. We appreciate your comment as it will help us improve our standards and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

1st time to Negril, so must remind myself not to compare to Mexico's hotels. The rooms are dated, but cleaning staff do an amazing job. The staff are wonderful and for a tip you can have any drink, not just the supposed listed drinks for all inclusive. Staff are friendly and look out for you both on and off the resort. Because of the dining accomodations you can not help but meet and hang with the other guests, and really, it's all about the people you meet. I was not crazy about the food choices, but always a full breakfast, so we ate out several times. Presley's was a fun authentic experience, but The Rock House was the best food, and less expensive. The gift shop in the hotel offers huge discounts to it's guest, so shop there first before buying elsewhere.The Beach is the best part. This was one of the funnest holidays ever.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends