The best attribute about the Beachcomber Club is it's perfect location on 7 Mile Beach. It's right next to Margaritaville and close to the vendors shops, and of course copious amounts of hustlers selling everything from papaya juice to weed. The beach is amazing, and so that alone made our stay here worth while. We love to walk and did so an average of 10 miles a day, and couldn't think of a better place to do it!
The rooms were extremely clean, spacious, very comfortable, and were always cleaned daily. We were in room #15 which was close to the bar and the beachfront. It's an extremely quiet Resort, which suited us perfectly in that regard. We spent very little time there anyway, and enjoyed what we went for...the beach and the great ganja mon!
We would consider it more of a Motel though than a Resort.
It just recently started an all-inclusive option, which we chose. It's quiet obvious that the all inclusive details of the Beachcomber needs to be addressed.
The food selection was poor and never on time. Breakfast advertised to begin at 7 O'clock often didn't start until after 8. Dinner and supper were also never on time. Some days there was dessert, most days not. And we don't consider muffins to be dessert! This is the only trip where we actually lost weight!
The booze selection was limited to very few choices which were outlined on a sheet of paper at the one and only bar. Entertainment was non-existence, as was any attempt by the staff to be cordial.
Although there was no safe in our room, never once did we worry about our valuables.
With all this being said, we would return to the Beachcomber if the price was right, but not vie for the all-inclusive option. At present, it simply isn't worth it.
The purpose of our vacation was to simply relax together, enjoy 7 Mile Beach, and do it as inexpensively as possible. Even though, in our opinion, it was over-priced for what we received, it was by far the lowest priced place to stay on 7 Mile Beach.
If you're looking for a clean quiet and safe place to crash on the beautiful and world famous (and rightfully so) 7 Mile Beach, this is the place for you.
If you're looking for good and plentiful food or a wide variety of drinks, or and kind of entertainment, you'll have to look elsewhere than the Beachcomber.
On the up-side, because of it's central location on the beach, local ganja salespeople were plentiful and everywhere! If you can't find ganja on this beach you are either wearing a Nun's habit, are under 10 years of age, or are wearing a pocket-protector and and thick duct taped glasses!!
Just a foot-note from my wife.
* If you are in any way disgusted by the sight of speedo wearing dudes with more package than material, you best not open your eyes...or like we did, smoke so much ganja that it doesn't matter. However, if this is your thing, you would consider this place to paradise.
She has actually started a petition to make it illegal for anyone over the age of 14 to wear these altered bikini bottoms. No matter how well built they may be, it looks oh soooo girlie girl and makes them look like they're trying way too hard for attention.
The bottom line is that we didn't allow the Resorts short-comings to effect our vacation, and we ended up having the best holiday we ever had! 'We' chose to make the best of it, and quite honestly, even if we had stayed in an old sleeping bag under a tree, we were still together on 7 mile beach in Jamaica in the middle of winter with not a snow-flake in sight.... We went for the beach and to be together, and thats exactly what we got!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the middle of Negril's beautiful Seven Mile beach. Superior and Standard rooms with king sized beds. Wedding events/functions available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beachcomber Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Club Hotel Negril
- Beachcomber Hotel Negril
- Beachcomber Club Negril
- Beach Comber Club