“Won't go back again!”

Legends Beach Hotel
Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Staff was unpleasant and some ways rather rude. Rooms were less than desirable especially for the amount of money I paid. TIP: be sure to book your room beachside; otherwise you'll get stuck in a garden side room where you'll have to cross the street to access everything including the restaurant, front desk and the beach.

• Stayed: December 2011
7  Thank Tangerine_Lover

Reviewed 10 January 2012

This was my 4th time staying in Negril at Legends Resort. As usual it exceeded my expectations. The location is prime. Right on the beach! Lots around to do. The staff - Big momma, Michael, Rudy, Champion - all make sure you have an authentic and exciting time. Also keep in mind when booking Legends sister resort Samsara. You can get access to a free shuttle service to take you over to Samsara for lunch or dinner at Ciao (they're authentic Pizza / Pasta spot which is the best resto in Negril IMO). The Samsara resort provides a quiet retreat after a day basking in the sun on the beach and all the action. Great spot to go and watch the sunset. If your going to Negril look no further. Legends / Samsara / Ciao have all you need!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sesmon
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I have been to a few places in negril and legends is not the fanciest but.... It is near everything!!!! they have a wonderful cook! Michael and the others that keep tabs on things at the beach front take good care of everyone. The staff are always very good to me. I went another place that was perfect but not as much fun. I am not there looking for the best of food or to stay in my room only to sleep. rooms are clean and comfy. Best place for us. Planning on seeing you all again in march. Miss ya .... sue from pa

Room Tip: stay on the beach side....less walking
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
14  Thank sueinpa
Reviewed 30 November 2011

really a nice hotel at a good location,we prefered the rooms at the beach side, short ways, wherever you want to go..we felt very good and relaxed, thank you to michael, the beach-sheriff, to big mama at the buffett and to all the other nice girl at the bar...and special thanks to rudy..the best guide in town...we went with him to kingston and the blue mountains..we will never forget that wonderful trip...

Room Tip: always beach-side, our room no 405 was perfect, not near to the street and not near to the papagallo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Carin S
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This was my 8th trip to Jamaica and recently returned from my 3rd trip to Legends 9/17/2011. This was my 1st time staying beach side, which I would highly recommend. The restaurant, bar and beach are all just a few steps away from your room and you do not have to cross the busy road. All the Negril attractions are a short taxi cab drive away. (Ask for Johnny Rowe’s taxi) I was pleasantly surprised to recognize most of the staff from previous stays at Legends during the last 7 or 8 years. Being a smaller resort, you will find yourself on a 1st name basis with most guests and staff members within a day or two. I usually don’t go for the big budget, all-inclusive type resorts but I did decide to go with the all-inclusive package they were offering this time. It was very reasonably priced and a good value for my money. This is not a very fancy or flashy place to stay. But, If you want the true Negril experience with the warmth of the people and the natural, tranquil beauty of the beach, Legends is a great choice. I stayed barefoot and relaxed all week and I’m looking forward to my return trip which unfortunately, can't come soon enough.

John L.
Taunton, Mass.
U.S.A.

Room Tip: Stay beach side. You will be less than a minute away from the beach. There is a busy road to cross o...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank ITSLINC
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We took our second trip to Legends September 18-25, 2011. It was just as we remembered, great location on the beach, friendly staff and good food. We choose to stay here over the "big name" resorts as it always you to delve into local culture and doesnt cut you off from experiencing the real jamaica.

The reason we chose to return to Legends is it gives you a base to explore the "real" countryside of Jamaica. From here we could easily reach tourist attractions or take in the country views that are a side of Jamaica tourists might not always see. Alot of the negative reviews on here have complained about locals on the beach, but I think getting to know these people is part of the fun of visiting a country. We met some great characters although most beach hustlers will try sell you something be it jewellery or weed a simple but firm "no thank you" was generally accepted. Legends has a great spot on the beach which Mike, beach security patrols to keep most hustlers away from tourists. People looking to get away from these hustlers should probably stay in one of the "big" resorts with private beaches.

The accomodation is basic, but clean with maids calling to the room everyday and fresh towels each afternoon. Norma our maid kindly offered to iron our laundry if we needed. The bed was pretty hard but we slept no problem and as three pillows are given using 2 made it a bit more comfy. Our room had a new TV with plenty of local, US and international channels, but we don't go away to sit in the room! Our fan and AC unit were more than sufficient to keep us cool each night. Although a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities would be welcomed.

The food in the restaurant was typical jamaican grub, homely and filling. And Mamma served each evening with a huge smile. Its not mitchellen star quality, but you get good value for the price you pay in the all-inclusive package. The drinks were cold and refreshing and there were plenty of options to choose from - juice, soda, beer, cocktails. Its no 5 star resort & people looking for a pampering holiday should pay the extra to stay in a 5 star but anyone looking for the closest you can get to the authentic jamaican experience should give Legends a try. For a bit of a change the restaurant Kuyaba nextdoor serves delicious food, especially the lobster and its not too pricey.

There was a nice mix of people staying the week we were there Irish, English, American, Italian, Belgian and Jamaicans. The manager Paul was very accomodating to all the guests need he even let us use his personal computer to contact people at home. The guards that crossed us to the garden side were always friendly, reception staff gave us any information we needed and offered to mind our bags after we checked out, the young bar/restaurant staff were extremely helpful though some staff seemed a little preoccupied with talking moreso than waitressing. Also they are pretty strict on bringing friends back to the room, if you have friends that live in Jamaica be prepared to pay for them to come visit you, charges to Jamaican numbers also can rack up a hefty bill so make sure you take that into account at check out.

All in all, it was another enjoyable trip to Legends, and we will more than likely be back again. Its a down to earth hotel, for down to earth clientelle.

Room Tip: People looking to sit by the pool (even though it's on a beautiful beach) should stay gardenside...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lorraine N
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I was moved over to the LEGENDS RESORTS from the SAMSARA HOTEL under very suspicious circumstances...as I had prepaid my vacation months ago.I wanted to be angry about this move and was waiting for any slip up to really release my anger over the whole situation.

I was wrong !! Thw wrong moves were NEVER going to happen.

These workers at The Legends Resort are actual highly trained and excellent workers ( to my amazement).As it turns out the majority of the problems that happen at the Legends are due to the Management forcing them to do things that anger guests........like the $100.00 they force guests to pay for "incidentals". Problem is that management dosen't seem to understand that when you put up money you usually draw off of those funds for m meals , drinksw and such. Imnstead management simply STEALS you money. I kn jow this to be true==becaus e my reservation had been paid for months. There was no reason to hold any funds as I had no safe , nor towel fees nor massage nothing/ I decided to "use" the funds for meals and attempted to "sign" for meals and though there had to be discussion they allowed it.

They other crazy thing is that after all this----you must "settle the bill" the night before you leave.

Obviously this is the managements "sort of" low end establishment.

However the lowness of the management IS NOT the same state as the EMPLOYES !!

I must site Ms.Tiffany as the most wonderful and caring employee I hav e seen. Once I met her I was able to really relax and forget about the managements uglyness. She took so good care of mee with a smile and that wonderful Jamaicain smie. She satg me and placed my orders for breakfast ( very nice food and drink I might add) ....she deliverd meals to me when I didn't feel strong enough to go down.

The view from the restaurant is LOVELY---you can see all the way to the sea and the beach.

I heard some great Reggae music wafting up to my room...though not sure if from Legends or next door.

My first entry to my room ( though I barely made it up this hugh grand staircase--NOT for Handicapped person )----was soooooooooooo beautiful. The maids had placed beautful red flowers all over the room and bathrooms. So even though the room was rather plain-------you felt like you were in a jungle. KUDOS to the maid of my room. I LLOVED it.

Nice little balcony with a table and chairs.

Now, I have heard complaints concerning the towel situation and yes !!!---there were never a hand towel nor face towel given nor available....but I view this as a Jamaican thing because other hotels I stayed at didn't offer them either.

Yes !! The $100.00 rip off should cease and desist immediately unless tied into room service or other charges.

The restaurant and ALL of its workers are beautiful...the beach and swimming areas are adequate.

The maids are doing the best with what they have to work with.

The management needs to wake up and grow up and stop playing games==they are not fooling seasoned travels with the bait and switch.

Overall LEGENDS while a good choice for the budget traveller ----will not pass for those that are looking for a higher grade of room. It is what it is.

I am giving it a "very good " rating because once there--I was treated that way during my three day stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo