This was our third trip to Jamaica but our first time at Legends. The first night they put us in a room over the bar area which although the room was okay we didn't care for. The next morning we went down and requested a ground floor room and they moved us to a different room on the beachside. The room was great, very clean and large.
Lots of people complain about the food but we had no problems and Mama always had something on the buffet we liked. Keep in mind this is a small resort, only 50 rooms so don't expect a huge buffet like at a Sandals or other resort.
The beach is what makes this resort and Michael the beach security guard is awesome. Treat him with "respect" and he will take excellent care of you. All the other staff were also nice, pleasant and willing to help make your stay enjoyable.
If you want a different experience then the big mega chain resorts then Legends is the place to go, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the shimmering turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Complimentary roundtrip shuttles transport guests mornings and afternoons to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's famed seaside cliffs, where reefs providing snorkeling and scuba-diving directly off shore. This Jamaica resort offers 50 guestrooms arrayed on the sea side of the street extending through Negril parallel to the beach and across the street in a lushly gardened section. Buildings feature exteriors of pastels and vibrant colors. Ceiling fans and wood-louvered windows provide an alternative to rooms' air conditioning. Decor features tile floors, tropical-wood furniture, and richly colored fabrics. Fresh blossoms strewn about rooms greet guests on arrival. Coconut palms and lounge chairs with soft red cushions line the resort's frontage on Seven Mile Beach. Water-sport rentals, including jet skiing and parasailing, are available. Vibrantly colored buildings, blooming tropical gardens, and an open-air restaurant and beach bar manifest a friendly oasis to meet new friends, enjoy reggae music and discover exotic cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Legends Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril