“CLEAN, FRIENDLY, SIMPLE!”

Legends Beach Hotel
Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I just returned from 8 nights at Legends. Stayed March 2-10. We had to choose a less expensive place this year and we were not expecting much after reading all of the negative reviews but we were willing to accept it just to get back to our favorite place, Negril. Let me say this, from the time you arrive to the time you leave, you are well taken care of! The staff is friendly, hard working and never, not once, were we asked to tip anyone on the property! We have stayed at many of the big all inclusives on the island, but we will return to Legends! We knew to bring our own beach towels, no problem, we didn't bring extra bath towels, didn't need more than the two clean towels we got daily. You also get a clean bath matt. Ladies, buy some disposable facial wash clothes, maybe a towel for your face or hair if you like. The room was basic, but very clean! Honestly, it was comparable to our bathroom at Couples Swept Away...actually, the shower at Legends was better, sized to accomodate 2 people if you like to shower together like we do. The matress was quite hard, but we slept well with the help of rum! The pillows are flat and I will bring my own next year. We stayed on the beach side, superior garden view. There were at least 2 concerts the week we stayed and neve did the noise keep us awake or rattle the windows as some have claimed. And it wasn't the rum that made us deaf, we sat out on our balcony every night and didn't have a problem with noise. I don't use hotel shampoo or hotel hair dryers, I am picky to have my own, so the fact that they don't have that stuff, don't care. You do get some basic hotel bars of soap, I never use that either, so, don't care if it's there or not. Room was cleaned daily, Collin came up to our room within 5 minutes of arrival to replace 2 burnt out light bulbs. He also keeps the grounds meticulously clean and gardens groomed. Room was cleaned daily, clean towels & bath matt. Clean sheets, bed made. Just be sure to visit your room about an hour or so before you want to shower and get ready for dinner as the air will be turned off once the maid services your room. There is no real dress code, but never once did we see anyone sitting and eatting without proper cover. Yes, you can come to dinner in your swim wear, I often came in a simple dress but didn't feel out of place. This is Jamaica, we go to relax, getting all dolled up for dinner is not my idea of a vacation and I surely know my husband was ecstatic to not have to dress in long pants and a collared shirt! We're not slobs, but we really just want to relax, be casual and enjoy our vacation! The food is limited, but it's not all that bad. MaMa, the face of the kitchen is a kind and loving person, she does the best with what she is given. Order off the the menu for a very affordable price, and that is VERY GOOD! $22 for grilled lobster...AWESOME! If you want fancier food, also very affordable, go next door to Kuyaba, you can dress up more and have a nice dinner there with a bottle of wine for about $100 including apps & dessert. The coffee does suck, but go next door to Kuyaba in the morning, fill your travel mugs, 2/$5 and return to Legends for your breakfast. Kuyaba has bacon, so if you need meat with breakfast, you can eat there too. Overall, for the all inclusive price, you can't go wrong, it covers drinks alone! Not top shelf liquor, but Tiffany and Andrea at the bar will mix you up some pretty great concoctions that will make you happy! Micheal runs a tight security on the beach and makes sure you have chairs with cushions and an umbrella every day. Funny, when we stayed at Couples, Riu, Sandals...had to wander for some time to find a beach chair and never had any resort staff offer to help us, ever! Micheal is the best! There is so much to see walking the beach, plenty of stuff to buy, eat, live music...why would you want to stay at a big resort? GET OUT THERE AND SEE THE REAL JAMAICA! Walking distance to Times Square and Downtown...stay out of the craft market, in 8 visits, we've never found anything there you can't get on the beach and they get pretty aggressive in the market. Jewelry is cheaper downtown and in the Sunshine Plaza. If you need top shelf liquor, buy a bottle at the Hi-Lo grocery and bring it back, the girls will mix you a drink with it if you ask nicely! Ask for Leroy if you need a cab/car ride, he is trusworthy and affordable, he hangs out by the front of the resort. Jaimie is also a great guy to hire if you need a ride, just ask the crossing guard to find out if either one is around. For the price, you can't beat this place! Simple, CLEAN! friendly, great service...To all the staff at Legends, we thank you and look forward to seeing you next year when we come 'home'! One last note, want water? If you need bottles, go across the street to the convenience store, buy one or two small bottles and a gallon jug to refill. We have been drinking the tap water in Jamaica for 20 years and have never once had a problem. The hotel has cold drinking water available all day in self serve dispensers by the bar...do not expect a refrigerator in your room, we asked all week, never one available, but really, who cares? The girls at the bar would give us ice whenever we asked! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Legends to family and friends; can't beat the staff or the price! Show some respect and tip these great service providers if you stay here, I think you will agree, they deserve it!

15  Thank TiffanyO
There are newer reviews for Legends Beach Hotel

Reviewed 19 March 2013

The hotel was what I expected. It is not a 5 star quality, but it is nice for the cheap price i paid. They kept it clean, and the property is fairly nice. The people are nice, and I had a great time. Shantoy and Kayon were great at the receptionist desk!!!

Very good spot for YOUNG, people, looking to have a good time. If you are looking for a quiet vacay, this is not for you! haha

Room Tip: got the beach view room across the street. the other side is stinky!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Danielle C
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

I had a great holiday partly thanks to Legends. The resort has part of it on one side of the road and the other part with reception on the beach front. The restaurant overlooks the sea and sunset is amazing from here. I stayed across the road which was fine, the pool was empty every day which I enjoyed. The beach is busier. We got along with the staff very well especially Ray the driver who took us out one night to a local cook out, we had a lot of fun and he looked after us well - very cool guy!! Also the gardener/maintenance man was so helpful and friendly. Most of the girls at reception are very kind. The resort is in a good location with the beach although you do have to walk a while to get to anything else. One thing I did not enjoy was the groups of men and taxi drivers that's hang around outside the hotel making it quite intimidating when walking across the road or anywhere else, some were helpful one made me some CDs! But generally I didn't like them around. The food was ok, breakfast limited but evening meals were quite good. All in all very relaxed and easy place to stay, would stay again!!

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank SaraSuperstar
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My wife and i just returned from Legends after a 2 week all inclusive. This resort is located right on a beautiful stretch of sandy beach, no need for beach shoes. Lounge chairs and pads were readily available although some folks stake out their territory at breakfast which starts at 8:00am. The resort shuts down at 10:00 pm and the gates and access to the beach is restricted at that time. I really did not like this aspect of the resort and there is virtually no entertainment. We had a beachside room which had a view of the bay if you are standing. The balcony has about a 4.5 foot high concrete wall which prevented a view when sitting.
The rooms were clean and well maintained , although dated in decour. The bed matress was very firm and I did not like the flat firm foam pillows. We had plenty of hot water but on three separate occasions no water was available for a short period of time. I would not do an all inclusive again here as the food over time gets boring. The all inclusive food is doled out cafeteria style. The food is adequate but not inspiring and not always hot. The biggest disappointment was the lack of variety in deserts, which was always a spice or orange
cake. Bread was always white or whole wheat commercial, no home baking here. Biggest plus was the staff and location. This resort is close to Alfred's and Bourbon Beach which offer concerts several times a week. Noise can be a bit of a problem for those at the front of the resort but less so for other areas of the resort. The rooms across the highway are much quieter and have a great pool but no bar service. There are no end of folks selling fruit, juice, smokes of all kinds, lobster, rings, necklases and services of all kinds. It actually got annoying but most resorts have security to help prevent some of it. Our security was Michael and he was great.
The all inclusive does not include wine or coffee liquors .

Room Tip: If I were to go to Negril again, I would look at the Grand Pinapple or Kuyaba which was located next...
4  Thank Jimbocan
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Not being a 4or5 star property traveler, I know what 3 stars usually stand for. This property is NOT a 3 star or even close. If it werent for the waitstaff and the location, it would be equal to pitching a tent on the beach. Although I'm sure the sand is softer than the bed. Yes, it is loud and yes the food leaves you seeking something good, which is why you walk the beach every day ! If you have the financial opportunity to leave the property for different excursions every day then maybe you won't mind the mediocrity of everything at Legends. If you are looking to just kick and relax at your "resort".......find another one or you will be just a disappointed as I am. RY

2  Thank RLY8083
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We thought this place even though 2 starts and obviously We don't even look at this stupid star thing. First the main man Paul was very helpful in every thing we asked him. Second the grounds were so well kept. Third as for the noise We really didn't hear a lot after 10:00 pm I mean you are in Jamaica and on the beach.you have to expect some noise I mean really? As for the food if you need more than 2 or 3 choices you need to go to a Riu. We came here to relax and walk 7 mile beach so we did. Found some great restaurants along the way. If you go and stay here you will be taken care of. If you stay here or on the beach check out Roots great chicken salad sandwich also Errols for the coldest beer the ice floats on top.

Room Tip: Take a beach room the garden rooms don't have a bar so you have to walk across the street for a...
2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed here in December. Great deal on a room that was about 30 yards walk from the beach :) Tough to complain about that. And the sunsets.... unbelievably beautiful!! Very nice beach and water too. They also have a sister property called SamSara on the cliffs, which was super chilled out and relaxed. The great thing was that we could use our all-inclusive at both hotels, even though we were only technically staying at one of them.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family