“Missing you, <3 Sunshine”

Legends Beach Hotel
Ranked #38 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Lynn
“Missing you, <3 Sunshine”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I took my 2 daughters to Negril for a way over due family vacation. We stayed at Legends, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The front desk staff was amazing (HI Leona, Kayon and Timesha) These ladies were always quick with a smile and so helpful. We found all the staff friendly, respectful and helpful.
We were lucky enough to get a room with an ocean view, one of 5. Our room was clean and cleaned daily. Yes the pillows leave a bit to be desired as they are hard and flat, so you might want to bring one with you. Depending on when you get back to you room in the afternoon the towels may not be ready, but were usually back by 330 the latest.
We did not have the all inclusive as we wanted to try a more local approach to dining out, but did eat when we first arrived as our rooms weren't ready, I had a cheeseburger and was not impressed. But the drinks were good and strong!

Yes this is not a first class resort, and if you are some spoiled traveler, then Legends is not for you , but if you want a relaxing, great value for your money type of vacation then I highly recommend you stay at Legends I know I will be staying there on my next trip down!!!.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank KiraW_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Riga
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We traveling aroung all Jamaica in January 2014. We visited many places and stayed in many hotels for 15 days. Hotel Legends in Negril was not so perfect. Price was not cheap 120 $ without breakfast. Room clean serviss was not good, at first staff take all towels from the room and put it back too late. After swimming in the sea we had to use our beach towels with sand. Also near hotel was very big garbage, smell was terrible :( first night we not slept. Beach sofas was very old. No air condition in the room.
Hotel staff was very friendly! If you would like order all incl -> 100$/2 pers. Near hotel shopping center, where you can buy suvenirs, dresses, wathes and other. 2 swimming pools in hotel. Part of hotel situated near the sea, part across the road.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ina L

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We were here for one day to use their facilities, since we were staying at the sister resort, Samsara. Thus, this review is only for the beach itself and the food/drinks offered in the restaurant.

There are three rows of loungers, and the first row is reserved for those who can stand being harassed every two minutes. Those street vendors are relentless. The only one I looked for was the guy selling meat paddies. USD $1.5 each, and so delicious! Cooked lobster is also available although I didn't get any since I already had a full meal.

When we arrived a little past 10am, we were able to get loungers in the second row. When a hawker approached my lounger, security told them to leave me alone. I thanked security. Our neighbors from Samsara got loungers and chairs at the place next door for the whole day, just for ordering some drinks. They got umbrellas, too. They weren't on the all-inclusive plan, so it didn't matter to them where they were sitting or drinking. I agree and would recommend you do the same, if you choose not to be on the all-inclusive and don't care to wake up early just to get a lounger in the Legends section. Legends provide a few inflatable loungers, so you can float in the ocean.

We had their served buffet for lunch, but it's nothing to rave about. Very basic stuff: burgers and fries. There's an outdoor seating area so you can enjoy your meals and drinks on the beach. Ice cream is not included in the all-inclusive plan.

There's an outdoor showerhead by the small pool in the garden, so when you want to wash the salt off, you'll need to head through the restaurant and proceed to the pool.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Massholymoly
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife, young daughter, and I stayed here recently for 4 days. We were seeking a simple beach vacation and Legends offered a nice beach and affordability. The reviews on this site were a big help in setting our expectations, but there were a few things that I didn't read here that I wish I knew.

First, the highlights:

-The staff was exceptionally nice and hard working. There was always someone cleaning and everyone smiled and said hello.
-The beach and water were perfect, as everyone says about 7-mile beach in Jamaica.
-Close to a grocery store, several restaurants, and plenty of roadside vendors selling local food. This is very helpful if you're not on the all inclusive plan.
-Garden-side pool very quiet... we went there several times and there was never anyone there. It was small and not that impressive, but it was quiet and peaceful.

Some negatives and things I wish I knew:
-I agree with previous reviews that the beds and pillows are uncomfortable, many toiletries are not provided or are of poor quality (e.g., toilet paper), and you may see bugs in your room, but this is probably due to the tropical location.
-This hotel is very ganja-friendly. Maybe I should not have been surprised, but I previously stayed at a more family-oriented hotel so I was surprised that literally all of our neighbors, upstairs neighbors, etc. were smoking weed. I wouldn't have minded if I didn't have a small child with me.
-Vendors approach you non-stop on the beach... most hotel guests stay in the 2nd or 3rd row of beach chairs to be further from the 'front line' of beggars and sellers.
-Surrounding area is not always easy to get around. Sidewalks are broken or unfinished in many areas, so it's not ideal for a leisurely walk in sandals or with a stroller.
-'Nickle and dime' mentality. Need to make a local phone call? Use a credit card instead of cash? Want Internet in your room instead of the common area? All of these will cost you.
-No refund policy... we left on day 4 of a planned / paid 8-day stay due to food sickness and the hotel would not refund any of the unused days. This left a bitter taste in our mouths and influenced our overall opinion of the hotel and our stay.

All in all, not too bad if you're not with kids and okay with very simple accommodations. I would not return with my family though, and I would seek a more family property somewhere else in the Negril area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank tuckerb09
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Just spent a wonderful week at Legends. We arrived late on Sunday due to a flight delay. When we arrived at Legends Adrian had ordered us food and bottled water as the restaurant was closed. We were taken to our rooms which were clean and comfortable. Our entire week was made very special by attentive staff. From Adrian and Kahon at the front desk to Paul e Ops Manager to Romanda our singing chef and all the restaurant staff. Michael on the beach kept an eye on us and John and Godfrey at the gate made sure we were always safe and sound. The food was very tasty. The options at each meal were limited however each was good, filling and had local flavour. When we checked out we were given a hospitality suite to shower and change as we didn't leave until late afternoon. This was my second trip to Negril and first to Legends. I love the location we were able to access all the beach parties and activities as we wanted to. In all we received fantastic value for our money and am looking forward to my return trip for Christmas and New Years later this year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank caab
Stevens Point Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Not sure what the negetive review people are complaining about. If you have read through these reviews and did your online homework, then you will know before you book this place that it is no Sandals or Point Village type of resort. Very nice but basic rooms, helpfull friendly staff, great location on the beach, and very affordable. I prefer to patronize the local vendors, so I prefer not to buy the A.I. option. But because we took our adult children and their significant others on this vacation, I got it so they would not have to worry about spending money on food and booze. Great assortment of drinks to choose from, the food was quite good and plentifull, , just not a large variety.
There are many bars and restaurants nearby, live music somewhere on the beach almost every night.
I have stayed at several places in Negril, and I would most definetely stay here again, and probably will.
If you want a five star resort, do not come here, but if you want a fun lively vacation on a budget then this place will serve you well.

Room Tip: It is quieter accross the road, they even have a crossing gaurd to stop traffic for you. Don't b...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank PhineasFreakears
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 December 2013

just know when you go to either legends or samsara, it is not going to be as nice as the secrets or sandals big ritzy resorts so if thats what you want you shouldnt stay at legends or samsara, but know if you do stay at legends or samsara you will definately enjoy yourself the staff and security are very nice and helpful. the food was good if your not picky and open to new things which i am so i enjoyed it. the grounds were well kept and even though we stayed at samsara during our stay we made friends with a couple staying at legends and there room seemed very clean and so was our room at samsara. like everyone else says there are people trying to get you to spend your money constantly just say no thank you and keep moving. all in all it was a great place to stay we had a great time and that is why we are returning to samsara and legends this coming april for your 2nd trip.

Room Tip: i would say gardenside might be the best way to go. even though you will never get away from the mus...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple