“Great time and wonderful place”

Legends Beach Hotel
Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Biel, Switzerland
“Great time and wonderful place”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stay there in April for 14 days and it was great. The hotel is`nt a 5 star resort, but that`s the reason because we stay there. All was fine: food, room, especially the employees (thank you so much @ all) and the wonderful beach. When I would travel again to Negril, I take this place again, sure!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patrick1586

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel was clean and decent, but nothing fancy. The property was sufficient but the all inclusive package they sell leaves much to be desired. It did not add up to what was advertised. Go for location, but plan to just buy what you want for food and drinks instead of doing all inclusive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank rlee82
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our family of four returned from our vacation to Negril, three weeks ago. My husband and I had an absolutely amazing time, as did our children aged nineteen and twenty. We have nothing but good to say about our stay at Legends resort and about the staff!! They were all positively charming; from michael on the beach, to Donovan and Glassford, at the front gate, to the manager Paul, Jennifer at the bar and the friendly wait and kitchen staff, helpful and very pleasant reception staff, and all the locals, although persistent, helped make our stay both entertaining and memorable. Being able to spend time at Legend's sister resort, Samsara on the cliff was an added bonus. We did some fantastic snorkeling there. Our rooms were comfortable and spacious, and the maids did a wonderful job in keeping them clean. The food was simple, but very delicious. Love, Love, Love those Jamaican dumplings!!!!! Lots to do around the hotel, as it is situated a short ride to the cliffs with the free shuttle, clubs, bars, outdoor markets, and best of all it is right on the famous seven mile beach! We would definitely come back to Legends!! FYI, bring your own beach towels as they are not provided. Thanks Legends!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Beachview is the way to go, but the beach side is really nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Pedro S
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

just returned from 2 weeks at legends and i had a great time. very well run little gem in negril.food was very good room was cleaned every day with fresh towels.great staff hi to paul who manages the place very well and also the girls at the bar jennifer and shana.
shana do the 3 blades really work better lollol

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank thewholepackage2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a five day stay at Legends. Will start off by saying the staff is still great and very hard working! The hotel is modest but nice. There are bigger resort types but I tend to do the smaller places when I visit Jamaica. No matter what resort your at you'll get hassled from the locals on the beach to buy their items. I can handle my own but Micheal the security guy does a good job at making sure you relax. But I do recommend you buy from the locals but you can't buy from every single person so expect some serious attitude. At that moment grab a Red Stripe and relax. Don't expect your towels to be abundant as some other hotels and make sure to bring insect repellent for mosquitoes outside and those that get inside. The staff is wonderful and seems like they're at work 24/7. All and all. It was a good stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank mandell74
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We moved here after having a terrible Experience at another resort. They locked our suitcases up until our rooms were ready. They also honored the internet sale price on rooms.

The cook in the am is Amazing. The buffet is worth the 14$ and we ate it
everyday. Shana was our server every time we ate there. She is awesome as well.

The set up for the resort is nice as well. The rooms have porches and working ac (extremely necessary). We stayed on the garden side to save money but there was a private pool on our end and no one was ever there.

Security was tight so you won't be harassed by the locals. Even a crossing guard to get you across to the beach.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank christina p
Atlantic Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My best friend and I headed to Jamaica for a 4 night birthday getaway, and found Legends through another website, Vacations Express. It was a great deal, so we jumped at the chance to go all-inclusive. The best thing about Legends is the service. I was a little unsure after reading some of these reviews, but was pleasantly surprised after arriving. The first morning, someone had left flower petals all along our sidewalk to our door. So sweet! Though I can't remember everyone's names, they were all genuinely pleasant and accommodating. The groundskeeper was constantly sweeping up the leaves from the trees along the path, which are gorgeous but a pain to keep up with, I am sure. But they shaded the area nicely and I was pleased to see him HAPPILY sweeping the pathway more than once a day.
Michael is the security guard (?) on the beach side and keeps the more aggressive vendors at bay while you relax in one o the many comfortable lounge chair in front of the water. He also gave us some suggestions on where to go, what to do, etc.
All of the ladies in the bar and restaurant are awesome!!! And I feel terrible that I can't remember their names specifically, but Shanna made me a special birthday drink, which was great! :)
As far as the food goes, I really liked it! It was definitely more local than I expected, and I always tried a little of everything, just to see. And each time, I was pleasantly surprised! Who would have thought that corned beef and callaoo (?) vegetables would be so yummy at breakfast time, but they were awesome! And ok, the pepper pot soup was off-the-chain. Loved it!! My only complaint food-wise was the lunch selections on most days. Cheeseburgers, pizza or grilled cheese. Nothing to rave about, but the fries were great.
The accommodations were not 5-star, but we were not expecting them to be for the price. Everything was CLEAN and we felt safe here, two very important factors. The showers were always hot, and we got fresh towels daily. I do think having beach towels available to guests would be a really nice plus, since we did have to reuse our personal beach towels every day, which can get sort of gross after a while. The beds were comfy and clean. I even did my "Anthony Melchiorri - Hotel Impossible" check under the mattress, and all was good! :)
We went over to the sister property, Samsara, on one of the days we were there. Hung out for a few hours before going to Rick's Cafe. It was really cool and different. VERY quiet. You can take a free shuttle back and forth, but it only runs at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. So we took a cab both ways, going on our own schedule.
The location of Legends is perfect, right in the middle of everything! You can walk along the beach and go to the other little bars and shops all along the way. The vendors can be super pushy, but as long as you are friendly, "no thanks" will go a long way. I did notice we got harassed more on the first day than any other day. So that leads me to believe they remember you and leave you alone after you decline their offers.
This was a GREAT place to go on a laid-back girls trip! I would highly recommend it. But it would be nice for couples and also families. I could totally see staying here with my little ones for a few days. Safe, clean, friendly.
PS: remember to bring a STRONG sunblock! We are from Florida and didn't think we'd really need anything more than a 15 spf, since we're used to the sun, but the sun in Jamaica is super strong!
Ask around for Sun Baby glass-bottom boat charters. Captain Ray will take you snorkeling and out to Booby Cay for $25-$30 a person and it's a GREAT time!!!
If you are thinking of going to Negril, and considering Legends, then go for it, mon! You won't be disappointed! A great place with great people!

Room Tip: Definitely go for ocean side - lower level. :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends