We booked three nights at the Legends Resort in Negril after leaving the Half Moon resort in Montego Bay in April. The service at Legends resort was poor. The staff does not greet you in a friendly manner, in fact, they look at you quite strangely. The cable TV in our room barely worked. The manager did switch out our TV when we first arrived when the house keeper cut on our TV and discovered it didn't work (so at least we had something). We had two double bed rooms and the room quality was sub par. The beds were not vey comfortable and we didn't have a good view from our room.
We also had issues with getting the staff to actually respond to our needs. We called twice to get extra wash cloths and never got them. We also called twice to toilet paper and didn't receive anything until the next day. Also, the wifi offered was very bad. We paid $36 each for wifi service that didn't work half the time and was extremely slow. Additionally, we had an all inclusive deal where we received free meals and drinks from the hotel's restaurant. Unfortunately, the meal selection from the resort restaurant was terrible. We ordered pizza when we arrived that wasn't warm and didn't taste good. The next day they offered cheese sandwiches. Yes, cheese sandwiches! Not to mention, the soda was always flat. Because of this we started frequenting the restaurant next door to Legends which had food quality that was much better.
The only decent thing about Legends is that the resort building is a short walk to the water. The water is pretty shallow but it is a half decent view when you sit out on the sand.
I know this resort review is all over the place but I honestly don't have anything good to say about this resort. The quality of this resort should be likened to that of a Motel 6. I would not recommend this resort to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Free roundtrip shuttles transport guests to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's seaside cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Legends Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril