My friend and I reluctantly stayed at Legends after reading a lot of the reviews here. I am SO GLAD WE DIDN'T CHANGE OUR MINDS. Legends is what most people are saying, it is basic, it is clean, the staff are friendly and kind. The location is AMAZING. We have stayed at several resorts in Negril and this is the most basic of them but it had everything we needed. We did not choose the all inclusive option as we knew places to eat outside the resort. I would do the same again. We did eat breakfast at the hotel one day, it was hot, fresh and served with a smile.
We brought a kettle, beach towels and some breakfast items. I would suggest bringing beach towels, wash clothes (I use a pouf so didn't need one), and a cup of some sort for when you brush your teeth. We always had fresh clean towels, the floor mat was a little worse for ware, but meh who cares. The beds were SUPER comfortable. We did stay on the beach side as we were not sure how big the resort was. Our next stay we have decided that we will save the extra money and stay Garden side as the walk is minimal and Bertrum and the others are always there to cross you over with a smile!
If you are looking for entertainment, round the clock people bugging you to play games and having loud music played all day, this is NOT the place for you. If you are looking for a simple place, with simple decor, with amazing people on an amazing beach, this IS the place for you.
We loved it and will be back again!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Legends Beach Resort is a beachfront boutique hotel situated directly on the famous 7-mile white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. This friendly and intimate resort commands breathtaking views of the shimmering turquoise Caribbean Sea embraced by miles of powdery white sandy beach. Legends is located in a prime section of Negril within walking distance of shops, water sports, entertainment and local restaurants. The resort comprises two sections, one on the beach and one lushly gardened section across the street. Within the garden section is a large pool surrounded by a spacious sundeck. The beachside section also contains a small pool. Other hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, gift shop, safety boxes at reception, massage treatments, and tour desk. The resort's beach frontage on Seven Mile Beach provides access to shallow, sandy-bottom water that remains calm in nearly all weather conditions. Complimentary roundtrip shuttles transport guests mornings and afternoons to partner resort, Samsara Resort, on Negril's famed seaside cliffs, where reefs providing snorkeling and scuba-diving directly off shore. This Jamaica resort offers 50 guestrooms arrayed on the sea side of the street extending through Negril parallel to the beach and across the street in a lushly gardened section. Buildings feature exteriors of pastels and vibrant colors. Ceiling fans and wood-louvered windows provide an alternative to rooms' air conditioning. Decor features tile floors, tropical-wood furniture, and richly colored fabrics. Fresh blossoms strewn about rooms greet guests on arrival. Coconut palms and lounge chairs with soft red cushions line the resort's frontage on Seven Mile Beach. Water-sport rentals, including jet skiing and parasailing, are available. Vibrantly colored buildings, blooming tropical gardens, and an open-air restaurant and beach bar manifest a friendly oasis to meet new friends, enjoy reggae music and discover exotic cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Legends Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Hotel Negril
- Legends Jamaica
- Legends Beach Resort Jamaica
- Legends Negril
- Legend Beach Resort Negril