“Worst Vacation of my life!”

Legends Beach Hotel
Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Spent three nights here.....so happy to head for home. The only thing I can say positive about the place is the beautiful beach....which is everywhere! Service was terrible....my air conditioning unit leaked a puddle in my floor where I walked in....a window was knocked out but super glued together. Had to ask for towels and washclothes for two days! (The washcloth that I finally got....1...was a cut up piece of towel!)...no lie! I carried my bags to the room and the maid expected a tip??? Say what?....my best perfume came up missing after I had left the note on the door to Do Not Disturb. ........the "all inclusive" meals....meal time was for two hours three times a day...but they shut down after an hour! Utensils were hardly ever available because staff wouldn't replace the one's that had been used. Staff for the most part were rude and not helpful at all...exception of Clayton and one girl that I didn't get the name of. I left one day and came back to my air conditioning turned off....was told that I did it by remote....???...right! She expected a tip for turning it back on....no! I think it's a huge scam there with crap for service.....won't return....won't suggest anyone go there. There is more....but I am tired and really sad about this adventure....better one next time...I hope! :(

Room Tip: Don't book one here!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank ckpalmero
Adrian L, Guest Relations Manager at Legends Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We're sorry to hear of your impressions and apologize for not meeting your expectations. Our customer service team will look into the details of your stay to learn how we may have responded better to your needs. The a.c. leak and window you mentioned have now been repaired, and seem to have been missed by our maintenance team. We appreciate you bringing that to our attention. Respectfully we disagree that you asked for towels for two days as our housekeeping manager’s log clearly shows you were given towels and facecloths at all times during your brief stay. As it was explained about the do not disturb sign, you had inadvertently placed the “make up my room now” side facing out. On the other hand we are very pleased you enjoyed our location directly on the beautiful 7 mile beach of Negril. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to Clayton and the dining room girls about their friendly service. Thanks once more for your feedback. Respect!

There are newer reviews for Legends Beach Hotel

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 5 nights at Legends & really enjoyed the flexibility of having the beach at Legends & the cliffs at Samsara: had the best of both worlds & the staff at both properties are top notch. Clayton is an exceptional bartender and everyone goes above and beyond to accommodate requests or make suggestions when need be. Recommend the all inclusive package for sure. We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Sparrelts

Hello! Thank you for your positive comments. We are happy to know you enjoyed our facilities and made use of our exchange privileges at our sister resort Samsara Cliffs. Our staff will be pleased to hear of your review. We'll be sure to make it known at our next staff meeting. We appreciate your great recommendation and we will be awaiting your return. Remember to email us so you can receive your returning guests discount on your next visit. Thanks again for your review and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. See you soon! One love!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Let me start by saying we enjoyed our stay at Legends and would certainly stay again. The location is great and the staff is indeed friendly, accommodating and quick to respond to service requests. We had one of the 5 rooms that did have an actual ocean view which was great and very convenient to the bar and beach. The only downside with the room was the music from nearby resorts/restaurants till 4AM. You also have privileges at their sister resort Samsara. This resort has much better infrastructure and we had a blast snorkeling and jumping off the cliffs but they have no beach (but there is plenty of space to soak in the sun)

The only real issue we had was with the food. We were on the all-inclusive plan and food is only available during the 2 hours allotted each for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Outside of those times, you will have to pay for it. There were limited selections (usually 4 or 5 items total). The food itself was for the most part either instant (mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese), overcooked or hardly seasoned. Honestly, we were expecting a bit more "Taste of Jamaica". The drinks were strong but limited to local brands. We understand that we got a great price for nice place and realize that fine dining isn't why people come here but want to set expectations for others up front as we have been at other all-inclusives were we didn't have these issues (but paid more).

Tips - Bring your own beach towels and insulated mugs. The bar only serves drinks in little plastic cups but will happily fill your mug for you - keeping your drink colder and requiring fewer trips to the bar for a refill :) Stay in the second or third row of beach chairs if you want to reduce the interactions with the various merchants strolling up and down the beach. Also head over to Samsara for a day - great snorkeling and cliff diving.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ledfoot65
Adrian L, Guest Relations Manager at Legends Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hello friend! Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are extremely happy you enjoyed your visit and would return to "Legends" our home sweet home. You will be interested to know we've recently made changes to our All Inclusive menu adding additional Jamaican dishes that appeal to our guests. Thank you for the suggestion! Our staff embrace customer service and take great pride in handling guest services with professionalism. We are pleased they made you feel comfortable and welcome. An ocean view room is a great recommendation, exceptional view of the evenings sunset topped off with our All Inclusive meal plan which allows our guests to experience two resorts for the price of one. Samsara is indeed a great sister resort, amazing cliff jumping, snorkeling and diving accessible by free shuttle that runs twice per daily. It’s an experience of a lifetime! Thanks once more for your review. One love!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Paul, the Manager was one of the most gracious people I have ever stayed with.
I have traveled all over the world and found Legends to be one of my favorite destinations.
We got back on Saturday morning and have already booked 2 weeks over Christmas.
Despite some of the complaints in other postings, we thought the food was very good - lots of variety. We ate out only a couple of times.
i have a medical condition, and when it acted up the entire staff looked after me.
I would recommend Legends over and over again to anyone looking for glorious beaches and wonderful staff.
If I could change anything, I would have loved to have had a little fridge in the room.
Cheers,
Brian

Room Tip: Book a room on the beach side, but away from the disco, if you want tobe able to sleep and relax.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brian M
Adrian L, Guest Relations Manager at Legends Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hey Brian! Great hearing from you and thanks for this lovely review. We are truly happy that Legends is among your favorites. Wow! Amazing that you booked your next visit already, That's great!! We're glad you enjoyed our meals. The menu varies everyday and the meals are prepared lovingly by our hardworking chefs. We do offer refrigerator rentals on property. Just visit the Front Office and they'll assist you. It was lovely hearing from you again and we are anxiously awaiting your return this Christmas. Thanks again! Respect & Love!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff at Legends can't be beat. I've never had such a great experience with those working at a hotel.

Michael the beach security guy is simply wonderful. I was with a group of girls in our mid twenties, and we felt completely safe with him watching over us (and our belongings). He even gave us pointers on where not to go outside of the resort. He went above and beyond and we can't thank him enough! The night security guy, Demar, was helpful as well.

And the restaurant/bar staff were also amazing. The men and women serving food were friendly and quick. Our favorite bar tender was Clayton - Always seemed to be in a great mood, and very fun and friendly! Adrian, the manager, was incredible as well. He chatted and joked with us and kept an eye on all of the restaurant happenings. He even allowed us to take a couple of the tables down to the beach one evening :)

We didn't have a ton of interaction with the cleaning staff, but we always had fresh towels, made beds, and restocked toilet paper when we came back to our room for the evening. The front desk woman was pleasant and helpful, as well.

I would definitely go back to Legends for another laid-back vacation! I would not recommend this resort to someone with extremely high standards, though. Everything about the hotel is great, but I would not classify it as having luxurious accommodations. Again it was perfect for my group of friends and there were families and couples there, too, but just don't go in expecting a Hilton. It's perfect for the price and with such amazing staff members, we really felt like it was a steal! Thanks Legends!!!

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend upgrading to a room in the building on the beach side of the road, as o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AllyRarrr

Hello. Thank you for posting this amazing review. We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay. Security, comfort, well-being and enjoyment are our top priorities when concerned to our guests. We take all necessary actions to ensure all our guest feel at home. Michael is "The Man" and he takes pride in doing his job an so does Demar. The staff will be pleased when we disclose your review to them in our next meeting. Thanks once more for your lovely review and recommendation. One Love!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Location - Directly on 7 mile beach. The beach and water are beautiful. Legends is within walking distance of Negril, Margaritaville, the craft market, Time Square (tourist shopping center), restaurants.
Room Locations - You can choose from rooms located on the beach side of the road or across the road (garden side). If you stay on the garden side you have to cross the road to get to the beach and restaurant. Crossing the road is no problem because there is a crossing guard who stops traffic for you to cross. The rooms are the same on both sides of the road. The rooms are large and clean.
Food - The food is home cooked, Jamaican in style, and tasty. There are several choices for breakfast each day including an egg station (fried, scrambled or omelet). Be sure to try the Jamaican dumplings and banana porridge. Lunch usually consisted of some type of sandwich and an entree. Dinner was a salad, two or three entrees, a vegetable, a soup, garlic toast, a dessert. They have a great tropical drink menu.
Staff: The staff are exceptional!!! Everyone we dealt with (the crossing guards, the dining staff,
the beach guard, the cleaning ladies) was very nice and helpful.
Bring your own beach towel or buy one from one of the vendors on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CL0T

Hello friend. Thank you for your positive comments and accurate description. Truly Legends is a fantastic resort within walking distance of many exciting and interesting locations as you said. Thank you for making reference to our meals. All are home cooked by our top chefs and prepared to perfection. Our staff will be more than happy to hear your encouraging words. Thank you once more for your review. Nuff Love!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at Legends Beach Resort May 28-June 4th. During this time it's off peak season so less people. But it was always right before hurricane season, it would rain for about 1-2 hrs of heavy rain, between 12pm and 2pm. We choose not to do all-inclusive because we wanted to eat a difference places in the area. We was super happy with this decision. I did find out towards the end of my trip you can do all-inclusive for a day which would cost about $50 something. I recommend taking full of advice of the sister resort Samsara. It was very beautiful and one of the main reasons we picked Legends.

We stayed on the garden side, which is across the st. from the beach side. Crossing the st and be a bit scary but there is 24hrs guards on each side and they always help you cross the st. The pool on the garden is bigger and better (not a lot of ppl know there's a pool on that side so it was great for topless tanning) .

PROS: Customer service was GREAT!!!! Paul and Adrian was very helpful and friendly to talk to. Always greetings us with a smile. My friends and I made Adrian take selfies (pics) with us. Fun times. Clinton is the best bartender ever. Friendly, told us were we could go party and a few other attractions that are a must see in Jamaica. Most we didn't make it to. Lol. And the bar is steps away from the beach. There's a security guard on the beach so you can soak in the sun and swim without anybody haggling you to purchase things.There is rafts on the side of the hotel for free usage. We had the best house keeper Chicketa!!!! We just loved her. She was our housekeeper for the whole we was there except one day and that day we didn't want our room cleaned. Lol.

Cons: We arrived to the hotel about 12pm and had to wait until 3pm to check. We had two rooms and by 2:30 one was available for check-in so we all piled in that room until our other rooms was ready. (This wasn't a major problem but I thought I should add this just in case there any early travelers )

Travelers Note: Besides the night clubs and bars everything closes at 10pm. But there are food "trucks or stands" on the side of the road within 25ft. of each other. Bars and Clubs close at 3am. Try going to Jungle, Margaritaville, and Vegas (Vegas is a strip club and stay open until 5am or 6am). All-Inclusive does include Alcoholic beverages.

For other food spots try Tamboo, Kuyaba (Legends is in the middle of the two), Sweet Spot, Bourbon Beach, Juici Patty, Caio and Rick's Cafe ( on the west side close to Samsara and Caio).

We used Jaital airport shuttle transportation. it was cheaper. I think it was $50 (each person) around trip and Legends offers airport shuttle service for about $75 (each person)....Sorry Legends. ****Negril is 1hr and 30mins away from the airport****

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Chimere M
Adrian L, Guest Relations Manager at Legends Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your heartfelt review.
We greatly appreciate it and its wonderful hearing your experience was enjoyable.
Customer service is of utmost importance, thanks to our amazing and friendly staff; we will continue to strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.
We apologize for the inconvenience in waiting for a ready room.
Check in time is at 3pm daily but we're glad one was available before 3pm.
Once more thank you for your rich review.
Hope to have you at the resort again soon.
One love!!