Legends Beach Hotel
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$99
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$69
US$120
US$64
  • Pool
US$212
US$193
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$150
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
Cancelon
US$484
US$380
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
TripAdvisor
1,011 results
All reviewssister resortcrossing guardsecurity guyfree shuttlestop trafficbusy roadfruit ladyrooms are basicjerk chickentwo double bedslobstercable tvworked greatpattiesjamaican foodstar resortgreat guy
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I have traveled to Negril several times in the past but had not visited for approx. 10 years. I prefer to do a non-inclusive trip as I like to get away from the hotel and explore local food nightlife and get a true experience of the local culture. This hotel was perfect for my style of traveling! I was not expecting a super-fancy , resort-type, "Americanized" hotel.

If this is your first time visiting Negril I would reccomend that you find a hotel on the beach rather than the cliffs if you are interested in spending a lot of time on the beach. Legends is a great beach option.

ROOMS: We arrived late at night and were given a room with only 1 bed. The next morning the staff was more than helpful in changing us to a room with 2 beds. Both rooms we viewed were clean, more than spacious enough for 2 people, with balconies including chairs and table (perfect for playing dominoes or cards after a long day at the beach). The A/C worked great and was much needed and appreciated. We did not pay extra for an oceanfront room but enjoyed our view of the lush landscaping from our balcony. We did need to cross a busy street to get to the beach each day but crossing guards were provided.

BAR/RESTAURANT: There were good selections at the bar with losts of variety. We spent most of our time relaxing on the beach in front of the hotel so spent a lot of time at the bar. The food in the restaurant was good but not the best Jamaica has to offer. However, we never got around to trying the buffet which we heard good things about. The service at the bar was good.

NEARBY RESTAURANTS: Mamma Flo's is an amazing little place just down the beach from Legends. We had the best breakfast ever of Ackee and Saltfish there. Wish we would have had more time to eat more there. The chef, Carl, was a great guy and the view from the resaturant is beautiful. We also enjoyed dining at the hotel next door, Kuyaba.

SUNSET CRUISE: We booked a sunset cruise with the watersports staff outside of Legends and had an amazing time! Went to Rick's Cafe and swimming in the Blue Cave which was absolutely amazing! The captains of the boat were awesome and this was the highlight of our trip! Much recomended!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We've have been traveling to Negril for 20yrs, We've stayed at Legends the last 5 times. Small, very clean rooms, staff is awesome like always. to Micheal for making you feel safe to Orett making sure everythings alright. Going on a Tour, Sundance Tours are the best, Captain Clarke is awesome with Leroy and the rest of the gang. Can't wait to return. Always and awesome stay at Legends.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We relished in the idea of going back to Negril, but never in a million years could we have expected the joy and tranquitlity of your beautiful beach and resort. Truly the best trip we've ever experienced in Jamaica, and it was our 10th visit. As usual the staff, crew and everyone we met went out of their way to please us, 'tis the reason we keep coming back. Our home away from home...!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2010

First off, I want to stress the fact that my sister & I didn’t expect a 5 star resort. We had the understanding that the amenities would be basic; after all this is a low budget hotel. We paid for a basic room with two beds and view of the beach. Imagine our horror when we walked into our 1 king size bed overlooking the gutter!!! When we tried to speak with the Manager to request a better room, he was unwilling to accommodate & basically explained to us that it was the hotel’s right to give us whatever they had regardless of what we paid for. He sounded like he was reading off a script he recited many times before. Finally when we realized that we weren’t getting anywhere with him, we decided to make use of our ‘all inclusive’ package by going to the dining room. I have stayed at many hotels in different parts of the world that offer an all inclusive package. I know what to generally expect. Imagine our surprise when only half of the menu was offered to us as a part of out package! Additionally, THE FOOD WAS ATROCIOUS to say the least!!! We ended up spending all of our time at Jamaica Tamboo next door! (By the way, Suzette, one of the waitresses at Jamaica Tamboo is WONDERFUL!!!!) As for the staff at Legends, the maids, waiters & waitresses were extremely nice! My problem with this hotel is management. They mislead you into thinking that you are getting a basic room on the beach with good food, when in all actuality you are receiving way worse!!! Please listen when I say that it is better to just kick out the extra money & stay somewhere else; anywhere else!!!!
I absolutely LOVE Negril & God willing I will be back. However believe me when I say that I will be kicking out the extra cash for Sandals or Breezes…Legends is a joke.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank KimnMax
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Our stay at Legends was fantastic. The rooms were very clean and lots of room to move around. Very comfortable. The food was brilliant and the staff were lovely and couldnt be more helpful. Overall there was not one thing we could find fault with and came back with happy lasting memories. Also we loved it so much we came home and booked up for a return visit for xmas and new yr. A big thank you to all the staff of Legends from Linda and Genene and will see you all on Dec 19th

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends