“Awesome hotel, but could use some upgrades.”

Legends Beach Hotel
Ranked #35 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome hotel, but could use some upgrades.”
Reviewed 22 December 2010

The staff was very friendly and honest. Everyone did their best to accommodate us and make our stay as comfortable as possible. The bartenders we're also very friendly, had a lot of good and interesting stories.

The room was nice and cozy. We didn't really care for fancy hotels and just wanted a bed for the night and a clean toilet after every meal . :) Upgrading the bed and the AC might not be a bad idea tho. The bed was a little hard, but manageable. The AC was a little loud so we used the fan during the night, which isn't advisable. To make up for that, the room was very clean, the bathroom was clean, the towels we're always fresh.

Overall, it was a good stay. The whole day was so awesome and tiring we hardly noticed the minute details that could ruin the trip.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2010

I really don't know where to start with this review. This trip was my first experience away from home and I was very excited about going. The trip was paid for by a relative as a gift to me and my wife.

My first concern was I do not have a credit card of my own and knew that most resorts ask for a security deposit so the first thing I did after booking was call the resort and ask about their security deposit requirements. I was transfered to the Reservation department and was assured that after booking the trip through Orbitz everything was included in the price and I would not be required to give a credit card number upon arrival. Of course as soon as we began the check in process I was asked for a credit card. I explained to the front desk lady I did not have one and was assured I would not need one. THe front desk lady was very rude and didn't seem to care what I was told and advised me I would either need a credit card or put up $100.00. As I was traveling on a budget I was not happy about this, luckly my sister and nephew decided to join us on our trip last minute and she was able to provide a credit card number for me to use.

Because my sister booked seperately we did not put a request through Orbiz to have rooms side by side however my sister did call the resort a month in advance and explain our situation. The assured us that upon arrival we would have rooms close together. Again this was not the case. The front desk clerk advised they had us as close as they could and would not accomodate a room change. We spoke with the manager Paul on Friday night who said they would have people checking out on Saturday and would accomodate the room change. Late on Saturday we had still not been moved. We spoke with Paul again who apologized and said they would have us moved on Sunday or Monday at the latest. Monday came and went and we still did not hear anything about our room change. I was not about to spend my week of vacation hunting down managers for request we had already made several times so we just gave up. The day we were leaving Paul advised us he had checked Orbitz and because their was no special request placed he decided he was not going to move us (After we already explained we had spoke with the resort directly) We told him we would have at least appreciated it if we would have informed us of his decision instead of just brushing off our request.

Upon arrival to our rooms we noticed our A/C did not work. It turned on but only blew warm air. This was never fixed even after several request to management. Our TV did not function correctly. Any dark scenes you would not see as the TV was too dark. Neno (A manager) came to our room and played with the Color and Brightness settings but could not get the picture any better. He left without any resolution to the problem. Both myself and my sister did not have remote controls for the TV (One of the ammenities that the Front Desk clerk said the Credit Card deposit was for) My sister recieved her remote after two days of requesting one. Neno advised us he simply did not have one for our brand of TV but would find us one. We never recieved it the entire trip.

It took 3 days of asking for face cloths to finally get some. Again the staff advised they simply did not have any to give us.

Our sheets were not changed on our bed the entire trip. The maid was offended when we asked if they change the sheets and advised us they did, however my wife had spilled a little bit of her drink on the sheets the second night and the same drink stain remained on the last day of our trip.

There was a large altercation in the room next to my sisters. People were screaming and throughing things about the room and a woman was being thrown around and crying. My sister called my room at 3 AM as she was scared. She tried calling front desk however it was closed at 10 PM and no one could be reached. The security guard out front had no phone and the only way to contact him was to walked down. Had I not been on the trip with my sister she would have been stuck in her room without anyway of getting help. The security guard investigated and his resolution was to charge the unruley guest 20 euros for bringing an un-registered guest on the property.... needless to say my sister spent the remainder of the night in our room as she was too scared to go back to her room.

It was ashame to have all these problems in one trip. This resort had a lot of potential. Great property with a beautiful beach front. However with all the problems we had no resolution or apologies were given by the management staff. The impression they gave any time we complained was basically they didn't care. I will go back to Jamaica however I do not believe I will be recommending this resort to anyone nor will I return unless some very drastic changes are made.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Toronto_Shane

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I'm not sure about this place. Definitely NOT for honeymooners.

Buffet - every day the same,no variety, school cantine kind of style

Rooms - ok, clean, no bathroom amenities though

TOWELS !!!! what is the big deal there ?? U get 1 [!] towel per day, no extra for face, u have to beg at the reception for another one.

Beach towel - horror story. This is a beach hotel [perfect locatio] but without beach towel provided. What a paradox.. There are some at the reception but very limited amount and basically first come first serve. nerve wrecking..

Hotel stuff - very nice peeps

Night - too noisy as the next door resort has disco almost every night and if u are 'lucky' enough and get a room nearby restaurant u can forget about having a nice sleep before 3am.

Free wifi in the restaurant = perfect

I don;t know.. Just spend extra $$$ to stay at Montego Bay resorts ..

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We stayed at Legends for a week in June.

Let us begin by saying that the rooms are okay. They served our basic function of sleeping and showering. The bathrooms are not the best, but not the worst either. The rooms have A/C which was a lifesaver for humid days. We stayed at the garden end which is a minute's walk from the beachfront. There is always a security guard to help you cross the street and it was no real issue for us. In fact, we enjoyed the distance from the noise at the beachfront. Also, the restaurant area offers free Wi-Fi.

The service was excellent. The staff was social and friendly, which led to a pleasant environment. Even the guests were friendly, so during that week it felt like you were staying with a big group of friends. Andrea is the sweetest person on the staff.

Their breakfast is pretty good and I highly recommend the Blue Mountain coffee. It is truly the best coffee in the world and I am still drinking some in my couch to this day. Although, it's true that other food is not that good, Kuyaba next door has a decent menu, there is a pizza place/Italian restaurant on Norman Manley Blvd that is awesome. Downtown Negril is a 15 minute walk that has some good local restaurants, name Seven Miles Restaurant and Juicy Patty, a fast food joint. The prices there are pretty good also, much cheaper than the hotel restaurant prices.

Exchanging money- you can do it at the hotel but there is a better rate at an exchange office that is literally 2 minutes away on Norman Manley Blvd. They have an excellent exchange rate compared to the hotel.

Don' shop at Time Square Mall. It is overpriced like crazy. Find a supermarket in downtown to buy stuff you need.

If you have been to the circus as a child, and found it to be entertaining, be prepared to be entertained here even more. Negril Beach is like Barnum and Bailey and the Ringling Brothers and Cirque de Soleil on steroids. You will constantly be drawn to the Fruit Lady yelling about her daily fruits and the locals will nag you every 30 minutes to jetski, parasail, eat lobsters, snorkel, and weed. Take it lightly and be nice...they may still bother you but treat it as a form of entertainment. That's what we did and we enjoyed it.

Also, rent a motorbike from Quenchi, he is the best in town.

Enjoy the most beautiful, calmest Caribbean water.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Como, Italy
Reviewed 15 November 2010

very nice Jamaican resort style luxury with no claim to appear.
The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean.
The restaurant has a variety of food but you can adapt or go to nearby restaurants.
the beach is not very big but well kept and always supervised by Michael.
The staff is always available, and smiling sun.
We were 4 italian people including a disabled person, and all have done their utmost to help her at all times.
it is highly recommended to all those who are not looking for a luxurious but comfortable and friendly resort.
hope to return soon

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tatiana150275
Cumberland Gap, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2010

We just returned from 6 nights at Legends and can't wait to return! The location on the beach is perfect but the people there make it special! Michael (security guy) and Tiffany were especially great, but every single employee we encountered during our trip went out of their way to make sure we had a great time.
We went to Samsara on Sunday night (Jamaican night) and had dinner there - it was beautiful! The jerk chicken was fantastic and it was so cool to be on the cliffs at night listening to live reggae music. It's a totally different vibe than than the beach, but really beautiful. (The bartender, Narlisa, even helped us come up with a signature drink..We named it, obviously, the Narlisa!) Ask her to make you one (pineapple, orange juice, coconut mix and rum - in case she forgot..lol)
We did the all-inclusive plan, and the food was good, but there are plenty of other options nearby.
We have been to Jamaica 4 times and this was our favorite place so far.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank warren101
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I vistied The Legends in Oct 2010, the staff was great very friendly and helpful...The food was great and so was the drinks, it's walking distance other location and that area...The place is very relaxing and cozy the rooms were very nice and big,I would recommend this resort to anyone.....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple