Legends Beach Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Sunrise Club(Negril)
  • Beachfront
    1,005 results
    All reviewssister resortcrossing guardsecurity guyfree shuttlestop trafficbusy roadrooms are basicjerk chickentwo double bedslobstercable tvworked greatjamaican foodpattiesstar resortgreat guycallaloo
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 February 2011

Ok, I've been to Jamaica many times and stayed in many places (AI, hotels and rental properties). We wend down for Christmas vacation. Since we didn't want to spend a lot of $$ but be on the beach, we decided to stay here. Legends? Has a GREAT staff but it is a no frill hotel. Rooms and Bathrooms? yes need updating but let's be honest..how long are you actually going to be in the room? I will agree with another reviewer, our sheets were not changed but hey we took multiple baths, so I guess we're ok. Since we got our stay thru a pkg deal, it included the AI. Well, food? less than desirable, so we ate out 99% of the time. The drinks? Not so bad. They kept us happy. Yes, there's peddlers but a simple "no" is sufficient. Yes, the beach is a bit eroded but Michael (security...jack of all trades) always found a spot on the beach and always kept an eye out on us. My ONLY and MAJOR compliant is people please STOP feeding the cats!! You touch them, feed them and that creates a problem for others. We counted 10 cats that kept running across the dining area wanting food. It is not only disgusting but unsanitary. All in all, as usual, hate to leave Jamaica. Always enjoy our stays there. We're there, 4-5 times a year. Would I recommend this hotel? On a budget and want to be near the beach? Sure Oh btw, the rooms are NOT on the beach. You have the beach side and across the street. Go ahead and pay a little extra for beach side because crossing that street is hazardous!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 25 December 2010

We have been to Jamaica 3 times before and stayed in large super clubs.This trip was xmas time and we wanted to travel on a budget and stay near restaurants and town so we could get to know the area.Visiter at Legends come from around the world including Holland,Germany,Italy,US,and even Jamaica.Hotel is right in the center of 7 mile beach and you can walk endlessly looking at shops,stands restaurants.The beach gets smaller towards town and our one disappointment was the beach was narrow and crowded at Legends.Folks along the beach noted it was damage from a hurricaine.Since the beach was crowded we took a bus or cab to their cliffside resort Samsara most days.It had great views from the cliffs and even covered outdoor beds. The staff at Samsara treated us as if we were staying at their facility and these 2 places work hand in hand.Why not stay at Samsara? It is more isolated from clubs music,etc and is along a busy road that is dangerous to walk along due to speeding traffic and hotel walls that line the road..There are good restaurants up there but I can't imagine walking the road at night when drivers are drunk or high. Rooms at Legends were spotless and front desk staff and cleaning crew were wonderful and worth the service charges.Bedrooms were large with a king platform bed and the tiled shower always had hot water.Ground had beautiful tropical plantings and 2 pools.Pay the extra to stay ocean side due to the busy road between the facilities.The only advantage to the non beach rooms is that they are quiieter.There are reggae clubs and a disco on both sides of the hotel and some folks complained about the noise.One clubs reggae show went on til 2 AM .Of course it's nice sitting at the beach bar listening to the bands and not having to deal with the crowds at the shows.
    When we first arrived my family was worried about the hawkers on the beach.All of the hotels have guards that keep them at a distance and Mike was great at Legends.It is amusing to watch folks selling fruit,lobsters,cotton candy,jewelry,music,and drugs.A note about Negril is that ganja (pot) is everywhere.People walk the beach smoking,are smoking while shopping in a convienience stores,riding motorcycles with joints,etc.After the first few days on the beach when the dealers knew you were not interested they just waved and said hello.
    Plenty of good restaurants on the beach near the hotel and I left reviews under their listings.Many of the top rated Tripadvisor eateries were also a short cab ride from the hotel.This sites recommendations really made this trip a great adventure.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
    Reviewed 22 December 2010

The staff was very friendly and honest. Everyone did their best to accommodate us and make our stay as comfortable as possible. The bartenders we're also very friendly, had a lot of good and interesting stories.

The room was nice and cozy. We didn't really care for fancy hotels and just wanted a bed for the night and a clean toilet after every meal . :) Upgrading the bed and the AC might not be a bad idea tho. The bed was a little hard, but manageable. The AC was a little loud so we used the fan during the night, which isn't advisable. To make up for that, the room was very clean, the bathroom was clean, the towels we're always fresh.

Overall, it was a good stay. The whole day was so awesome and tiring we hardly noticed the minute details that could ruin the trip.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 11 December 2010

I really don't know where to start with this review. This trip was my first experience away from home and I was very excited about going. The trip was paid for by a relative as a gift to me and my wife.

My first concern was I do not have a credit card of my own and knew that most resorts ask for a security deposit so the first thing I did after booking was call the resort and ask about their security deposit requirements. I was transfered to the Reservation department and was assured that after booking the trip through Orbitz everything was included in the price and I would not be required to give a credit card number upon arrival. Of course as soon as we began the check in process I was asked for a credit card. I explained to the front desk lady I did not have one and was assured I would not need one. THe front desk lady was very rude and didn't seem to care what I was told and advised me I would either need a credit card or put up $100.00. As I was traveling on a budget I was not happy about this, luckly my sister and nephew decided to join us on our trip last minute and she was able to provide a credit card number for me to use.

Because my sister booked seperately we did not put a request through Orbiz to have rooms side by side however my sister did call the resort a month in advance and explain our situation. The assured us that upon arrival we would have rooms close together. Again this was not the case. The front desk clerk advised they had us as close as they could and would not accomodate a room change. We spoke with the manager Paul on Friday night who said they would have people checking out on Saturday and would accomodate the room change. Late on Saturday we had still not been moved. We spoke with Paul again who apologized and said they would have us moved on Sunday or Monday at the latest. Monday came and went and we still did not hear anything about our room change. I was not about to spend my week of vacation hunting down managers for request we had already made several times so we just gave up. The day we were leaving Paul advised us he had checked Orbitz and because their was no special request placed he decided he was not going to move us (After we already explained we had spoke with the resort directly) We told him we would have at least appreciated it if we would have informed us of his decision instead of just brushing off our request.

Upon arrival to our rooms we noticed our A/C did not work. It turned on but only blew warm air. This was never fixed even after several request to management. Our TV did not function correctly. Any dark scenes you would not see as the TV was too dark. Neno (A manager) came to our room and played with the Color and Brightness settings but could not get the picture any better. He left without any resolution to the problem. Both myself and my sister did not have remote controls for the TV (One of the ammenities that the Front Desk clerk said the Credit Card deposit was for) My sister recieved her remote after two days of requesting one. Neno advised us he simply did not have one for our brand of TV but would find us one. We never recieved it the entire trip.

It took 3 days of asking for face cloths to finally get some. Again the staff advised they simply did not have any to give us.

Our sheets were not changed on our bed the entire trip. The maid was offended when we asked if they change the sheets and advised us they did, however my wife had spilled a little bit of her drink on the sheets the second night and the same drink stain remained on the last day of our trip.

There was a large altercation in the room next to my sisters. People were screaming and throughing things about the room and a woman was being thrown around and crying. My sister called my room at 3 AM as she was scared. She tried calling front desk however it was closed at 10 PM and no one could be reached. The security guard out front had no phone and the only way to contact him was to walked down. Had I not been on the trip with my sister she would have been stuck in her room without anyway of getting help. The security guard investigated and his resolution was to charge the unruley guest 20 euros for bringing an un-registered guest on the property.... needless to say my sister spent the remainder of the night in our room as she was too scared to go back to her room.

It was ashame to have all these problems in one trip. This resort had a lot of potential. Great property with a beautiful beach front. However with all the problems we had no resolution or apologies were given by the management staff. The impression they gave any time we complained was basically they didn't care. I will go back to Jamaica however I do not believe I will be recommending this resort to anyone nor will I return unless some very drastic changes are made.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
    4  Thank Toronto_Shane
    Reviewed 28 November 2010

I'm not sure about this place. Definitely NOT for honeymooners.

Buffet - every day the same,no variety, school cantine kind of style

Rooms - ok, clean, no bathroom amenities though

TOWELS !!!! what is the big deal there ?? U get 1 [!] towel per day, no extra for face, u have to beg at the reception for another one.

Beach towel - horror story. This is a beach hotel [perfect locatio] but without beach towel provided. What a paradox.. There are some at the reception but very limited amount and basically first come first serve. nerve wrecking..

Hotel stuff - very nice peeps

Night - too noisy as the next door resort has disco almost every night and if u are 'lucky' enough and get a room nearby restaurant u can forget about having a nice sleep before 3am.

Free wifi in the restaurant = perfect

I don;t know.. Just spend extra $$$ to stay at Montego Bay resorts ..

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends