“Got just what I paid for and loved it.”

Mariners Negril Beach Club
Ranked #81 of 85 Hotels in Negril
“Got just what I paid for and loved it.”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked a 1 bedroom suite based off the picture on the web site even though the reviews were not that favorable.But I got exactly what I paid for and the price you can't beat it. I will surely do it again!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank vsdavis

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I booked this hotel via hotwire as Negril Beach Club Resort--please go and take a look at their photos. They show and classify the hotel as 3 star resort. The photos show wooden floors, large area room...in short, a nice 3 star resort boasting fitness facilities, jacuzzi, free wi-fi, room service, etc...
This needs to be investigated by Hotwire, but in the meantime I don't want anyone else to go through what we did.
I booked several days before arrival--we were already in Negril and I walked up the beach to check on the rooms because I figured maybe Mariners had been sold, rooms added, renovated, whatever. The front desk supervisor refused to show me the room pictured on site, citing that they were full but assured me that would be the exact room we would receive.
Well, when the time came to check in they said everything was full and we would have to wait.
Wait, we did...over 2 hours, only to be shown a decrepit room with old toast full of ants and roaches in the toaster, burnt countertop, no hot water....in short, a room I would not let my cat sleep in.
Went back to lobby, asked for the room I booked, was informed they were overbooked and that's all they had. I said, I won't stay here..they said fine...the penalty was 25.00 and one nights charges.
I said fine, I'll take this up with Hotwire which I give kudos for refunding me.

I'm writing this because this hotel deserves to be closed,. and I don't want anyone to be screwed like we were. Incidentally, upon changing the hotel name it has 3 stars and 4 out of 5 stars for reviews. The only problem is upon reading the reviews they seem to be for Beaches Negril. I've informed Hotwire of this fact as well.

Hotel staff were liars, con artists and well versed in bait and switch.

Room Tip: I was not shown any room except one--awful. The rooms shown on Hotwire I do not believe exist since...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank fuzzyeti

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We booked this hotel in mid November to come over our Christmas Break through hotels.com. We reserved a room for 4 people and paid in full. The pictures on hotels.com expedia show hardwood floors, comfy beds and nice open space. So far from the reality.

We came in 2 am on Christmas day extremely travel weary and just looking to pass out. They brought us upstairs to a room which can only be described as horrific. First there was ONE double bed -- no sofa, love seat. The carpet and bed linens were stained, the bathroom was disgusting, the refrigerator was leaking, stove was full of rust and the cabinets were hanging on hinges. There was no soap, no toilet paper and no towels. Oh and there were bugs. We immediately went down to complain.

The woman proceeded to tell us that it was OUR fault b/c we checked in so late. I'm sorry but isn't that the point of making and paying for a reservation? Aren't you supposed to hold our room for us? We asked for the manager (not in ...not sure when he'll return). We tell her point blank we need sleeping arrangements for all of us and a CLEAN room. She shrugs her shoulders. A maintenance guy overhears us and says he can sneak us into a room that is currently closed b/c it's being renovated. It's terrible but at least has 2 beds.

The next morning they offer us NOTHING! I call hotels.com who proceeds to say they can't help us at all. We ended up calling hotel after hotel on Christmas day looking for anywhere to stay.

Never in my life have I ever been treated so rudely or expected to stay in a place that resembled the projects for that amount of money. You could not pay me to go back there. This hotel came very close to absolutely ruining our vacation and we are STILL arguing over them refunding our money. AVOID this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Go ANYWHERE else!! We stayed at the Westender which is a nice quality hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Cristina625
St. Catherine, Jamaica
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The property is good, but the service is horrible. On this ATTEMPTED trip, after booking a reservation weeks in advance, upon calling 2days before to ensure that all is in order, found out that they completely erased all my information and had no availabilities.The woman was rude and told me it was my fault for not taking a name of the person who took the reservation and i should call back later,and when i asked for the manager,she swiftly said she was busy going to help someone and hung up on me.When calling repeatedly afterwards,they would not answer the phone.later on when someone finally did,they said no management was there at that time,im sure they knew it was me too.STAY FAR,they might screw you over too.

Room Tip: Dont choose any room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank tgrant_11
London
Reviewed 26 November 2011

this hotel was in need of a serious overhaul but it was cheap and it was just a place to sleep

Room Tip: i found the rooms at the top of the hotel to be more quieter in need of
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This is a great place to stay on 7 mile beach! It's in an awesome location & it actually has one of the biggest beach fronts compared to other hotel properties along the beach. The staff is super friendly & they are very helpful & polite. Security works nights & days & the hotel property always stays very safe & secure. The food is very good, always cooked & served fresh! Their hotel buffet nights are AWESOME! To much yummy food to choose from! There are little, local shops right on the hotel property so you don't have to walk very far to get your souvenirs & if you are using a rental cell phone during the duration of your trip there is a lady that works right at the hotel that can re-up your minutes. The rooms have a nice Jamaican feel to them which is a GOOD thing. You're not traveling out of the country to stay in a hotel room that feels like you're at home. If you're going to Jamaica stay at a place that feels like you're in Jamaica, that's the whole point. This hotel is very good for the price that you pay & very good for travelers on a budget. If you're looking for a fancy, upscale kind of place then this isn't for you, but if you're looking for nice Jamaican vacation without breaking the bank, it's awesome! I go to Jamaica every year & have stayed at many places & trust me, this one isn't bad!

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms have bigger living spaces as well as the condo rental rooms. The upstairs rooms h...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Upon Arriving, there was over a TWO-HOUR wait to be checked into the room. The lobby and the rooms are very shabby, filthy, in desperate need of repairs & renovations. The refrigerators do not work, leak all over the room and do not work. There are no remote controls for the air-conditioning units and the television….therefore channel surfing has to be done manually & many of the cable channels do not work. The rooms are infested with enormous cockroaches and all sorts of bugs, falling from the ceiling & every corner you turn. The Customer Service….I wouldn’t know where to begin….UNPROFESSIONAL, UNATTENTIVE, DISRESPECTFUL, AND DEGRADING!!!! BY FAR THE WORSE EXPERIRNECE EVER!!!!! Better hospitality & help would more than likely be provided at a homeless shelter….Even the security guards, not attentive & hardly ever positioned at their post….they’re usually off to the side gallivanting, laughing and socializing with friends on the compound or in front of the gate as they please while on duty! Management is never anywhere to be found to address needs, concerns, complaints of guests. Many family friends and even few of the local people in the town are aware of this establishment’s growing terrible reputation., Even the cab drivers warn guests to stay away from this place….Very regrettable & unfortunate experience….NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!! Please take heed & do not be fooled by the price….this place ought to be shut down!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends