“Great hotel in Negril”

Mariners Negril Beach Club
Ranked #81 of 85 Hotels in Negril
“Great hotel in Negril”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My experience at this hotel was great. The staff was lovely and the price was well worth it. I got value for my money. The hotel is fully secured. I stayed there twice and I do hope to be a return guest for years to come.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Islandqueen4u

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Browntown, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I've been to this beach as many as 4 times in one year, have stayed all along the seven mile beach. I keep returning to this property.
The prices are right. We are not high maintenance travelers, eat at the roadside jerk chicken stands, and really enjoy the time here. Rooms are clean. The staff is great. i can even name them....
If you are looking for luxury, try beaches.
The inclusives are golrified prisons if you ask me.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jimmycheese M
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Room mirrored lobby conditions - dark & desperately in need of repairs - but with the addition of mold. Desk staff member perfunctory, not at all welcoming. We had reserved a garden studio, an upgrade from the standard room, in order to have a kitchenette which we found consisted of a plastic bookcase with a coffee maker beside a rusted frig. No utensils. No microwave or stove. Bathroom tiles poorly installed with large dirty openings. Tub permanently stained. Closet without light, broken hangers, rusted handles. Door to unit appeared to have been jimmied at some point. Patio left sticky residue on our shoes and overlooked an open, cracked drain. Room photos on travel site bear no resemblance to Rm 134 and photos of the grounds appear to be from better times. The virtual tour images are of the Beaches Negril Resort & Spa many properties north on the beach. Orbitz insists all images were provided by Negril Beach Club and there is not just a technical glitch linking the wrong photos to this hotel. We moved in less than 2 hours leaving comments in writing with the desk clerk. We do not demand luxury in our travels, but I do expect travel sites to accurately present the locations being promoted. Pursued a refund immediately upon getting home. Orbitz agents put me on hold to call the hotel two days running trying to reach the manager and finally were able to get a refund for 6 of the 8 nights. Next step: Write to Jamaica Tourist Board and I encourage those of you with similar experiences to do the same. This place is doing a beautiful country is real disservice. Note to self: The next time a customs/immigration agent reviews the card indicating my destination hotel and then asks to see my (over age 65) wrists and inner arms, expect to change hotels.

Room Tip: Rondel Village showed us our real room before we checked in (bright, CLEAN, airy and all the staff w...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Maine_Travelers445

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have been coming to this property for five years!!! . I spent another month n Jamrock at Marineers but at a beachfront condo on property. Transportation from MontegoBay $18 one way with Juta Shuttle service if you
Book online. My Condo was clean and I don't get room service for the month. I had
three beds for me, myself and I. I did pack my own shower curtains, towels, DVD player, washcloths, blankets, sheets, bath rug, lysol tspray, citronella candles, bug light for balcony, pillows and a major bomb to kill anything that was living there and not paying rent. It worked well!!! Lol. I leave most items with locals on beach. I was on second floor so I felt very safe as a single woman. Staff is extremely pleasant except for the new dude on beach with chairs. I literally had to cuss him out on day two. If your first time n Ja. And a local try's to sell you something make sure you say No off the break if not interested or they will harass the crap out of you!! Security has your back!!! Make sure you pack a flashlight and do not bring valuables with you!! Jamaica had a drought this year and water was cut off at anytime for hours at this place. I had packed a Coleman water container for a local and ended up needing it to flush the toilet and I kept a water bottle to wash hands at sink. I kept bottled water from store n fridge. Local grocery market is walking distance from resort and very safe to walk. Taxis try to rip you off. You have to ask price before you get in car and always have exact change. Do not walk on beach at night. Very safe in the day but you will be followed and harassed to buy stuff as you walk down beach. Just say no. Ja has beefed up tourist patrol officers and they have your back. They are everywhere. Jamaica is the best!!! Ready to go back and swim and watch the most amazing sunsets. : ).

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank JAMROCK672
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

This place is an absolute dump! Not sure where the 4 stars came from, perhaps once upon a time it was four stars. Today I would give it a .05... The grounds are a mess and the beach sucks! The bar, well lets just say that a "lit match" would be perfect! It is really a shame that the owners wont put any money back into this place. It could be really nice! but its not! The room that they showed us was really nice! This was according the the proprietor... the beds were on the floor, the furniture was 20+ years old and the legs were gone,and the fridge was busted up in side! We travel several times per year and have never been so disgusted in our many years of travel! So I can honestly say that we are not happy! The good thing is the wood carver (Octavious) is easy to work with and he really puts his heart into his work. Check out the villas right next door! they are called "Beach House Villas" the staff is great! Loyd is the best bartender! The jerk chicken is the best in Negril! Check out the Tree Top villa...

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless it is the last place available... Wait, on second thought you could check wi...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Larry R
IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

You get what you pay for is true at NBCC. Ive stayed here a couple of times when I just wanted a cheap place to throw my luggage and take a shower. I hear that the condos are nicer but Ive only stayed in the hotel part. Lock your door and take your valuables with you. Ive been there when the rooms were broken into while people were sleeping and while people were out for the evening too. The maids seem to forget to lock the sliding doors to the patios, and Ive wondered if thievery is an inside job at this place. The pool is always icky and so is the hot tub. I go next door to Travellers and hang out at their pool so its all good. Dont go expecting much from this place. The small gift shop and small convenience store are closed most of the time or out of almost everything the rest of the time. If you are looking for any kind of luxury whatsoever, you will not find it here. If you just want a cheap place to sleep and shower, it does the trick.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank hearsechic
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

I had my wedding here in march and if your looking for value this is the place place to go. Deandra is the best!! She tended to my every need and didn't hesitate to ask if I needed anything. The rooms and grounds were nice and clean. I have also stayed here in May after my wedding and for the same results.

• Stayed March 2012