“OMG OMAR”
Review of Talk of the Town Tours - CLOSED

Talk of the Town Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We're a family team of drivers - each of us strive to help you create a day that is uniquely yours...a day filled with education and good times. You'll not be just a passive observer but instead, a hand's-on participant in activities of your choice....a day that will open your eyes to the beauty of the island with a vibrant culture. You'll return home with memories that will make you long to return for more!
Shingle Springs, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“OMG OMAR”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

If you go to Negril, you must contact Talk of the Town and ask for Omar!!! We used Omar because our friends knew him from last year. WOW! I'm impressed. He met us at the airport with a cooler full of cold beer; wasted no time in telling us that he 'was ours for the day' and he was 'in no hurry'. OK - where will you EVER get your hired driver to push your grocery cart as you shop to fill the fridge in your hotel room!? And, after shopping, we stopped at a great roadside stand for jerk chicken - BIGGA'S - not the kind of meal you'd get in a tourist restaurant - amazing jerk chicken! Omar took us places a 'normal' tourist would never see. For example on our way to YS Falls, he took us to the market in Savanna La Mar (where he grew up) - THE market place for locals in the area. He also took us to amazing off the beaten path locations on our way to our destination. He stayed with us the whole time and there was no pressure for us to meet a schedule. You want to go to Floyd's Pelican Bar - no problem mon, he knows exactly where to pick up the boat to get there. Omar is the best kid (maybe 25 - 27 yrs old); talks about his little girl; laughs with you; KNOWS Negril area like the back of his hand! Thanks so much to Talk of the Town! If you go to Jamaica - call them for any transportaion needs!!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank caloray

Reedsburg,Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Everything is always right.”
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

We, once again, relied on these folks to get us to and from the airport. Booking with them is so easy and everything is always right. We booked with Sienna via e mail. It is as simple as letting them know what you want. Extra stops, picking up groceries or refreshments are never a problem. They are always on time and we have never been concerned about our safety. The drivers are real. That is, they will converse with you and not treat you like a tourist. After 30 trips, we don' t feel like tourists. "Willie" was our driver this time. BIG THANKS to him. If you are in need of transportation anywhere, I would recommend Talk of the Town. The vehicles are dependable, drivers are safe and knowledgeable. Prices are very fair. They are our first choice.

2 Thank WISJAMERICANS
MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Personal tour guide with so much knowledge and interested in what you want out of the excursion and delivers.”
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

I found TOTT online and after much research I decided to go with this company. I sure lucked out on picking TOTT and I couldn't of asked for a better tour guide. Omar was the best. We figured we would book a trip to mayfield and he would take us there and bring us back no way that was not the case. Instead he asked us what we wanted and delivered and then gave us more. He stopped at so many interesting places and we got more out of this tour than we would of from a bus tour hands down. We are returning to Jamaica this April 2013 and wouldn't even consider going with any other tour company. Its feels good knowing that I don't have to worry about that portion of out trip. Don't worry about a thing cause you will be safe and worry free with TOTT. Go for it no disapointments whatsoever. We liked Omar so much we called him whenever we wanted to leave the resort. We even invited Omar to eat with us always because he felt like a long lost family member.

1 Thank carebear43
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't speak more highly of these tour operators”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I first came across TOTT in 2007 and had the privilege of speaking to Sienna who gave me a very detailed breakdown of what was on offer. I have used TOTT every time I've been in Jamaica and feel i have built a very strong bond with one of their drivers- Barry, who I consider as part of my Jamaica family and would not consider using anyone else. In 2010 my flight home to the UK was delayed by 10 hours and Barry offered to sit it out with me at the airport with no financial incentive on offer. We've kept in touch through the years and would honestly say it's not often you meet someone so grounded and unassuming. As a result of the really good service, I always feel the need to pay over the agreed price. This time round we visited FS falls, Appleton rum estate, Country western horse back riding and Ricks Cafe.

Remy

Visited January 2013
1 Thank REMY88_13
milano
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a perfect day out”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

all was great: the places we visited were fantastic, and the people we met were polite, kind, generous, protective and constantly smiling. Willie has been the perfect person on a perfect day out: he drove us to the Mayfield falls, then showed us around Negril, and took us to the Rick's Cafè. Congrats to Sienna and Willie and the whole organization!!!

Visited January 2013