“Truly professionals”
Review of JuJu Tours

JuJu Tours
Ranked #3 of 78 Tours in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: When hearing the words "tour company", most people picture the big, stuffy tour bus, packed with strange travelers. JuJu Tours is the complete opposite of that stereotype! We are an American owned company whose number one goal is to meet American standards. While practicing safety and maintaining professionalism is our number one priority, JuJu maintains a very laid-back "vibe" on all of our outings. Our tour guides are both knowledgeable and energetic American and Jamaican nationals. In order to offer our customers the best of both worlds, one female and male tour guide from each country attend all tours – dreadlocks, flip-flops and all. Every outing is completely private, for both big and large groups, allowing our guests to have a more intimate trip and customize the excursion to their liking. No other tour company on the island offers and delivers such personalized experiences. JuJu has over forty tours to choose from. Large groups, families with kids, couples - we have something for everyone. Amongst our array of different choices, both “touristy” and “off-the-beaten-path” excursions are available. Our primary mission, however, is to live up to our tag line “Jamaica Unleashed, Jamaica Uncovered!” Whether it be the secret cliffs to jump from, the limestone caves to explore or the rustic restaurants to enjoy a true Jamaican meal, we aim to help our guests discover Jamaica’s hidden charms and treasures. Proudly, JuJu is also the only company on the island that officially offers nightlife tours to the local dance clubs and reggae beach bars. We understand travelers tend to be hesitant about leaving their resorts, (most especially at night), and that is why two tour guides join all parties inside the venue and take them home at whatever time they choose. We have safe and comfortable vehicles of all different sizes. Roundtrip transportation, admission into all attractions, an authentic Jamaican lunch and beverages (yes, that includes booze!) are included with all tours. We also throw in a complimentary high-res photo CD of each trip for each customer.
Houston, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Truly professionals”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We booked a tour with Juju after reading all the good reviews here. And what a great decision! I must say that we are serious, independent travelers and blog writers who have visited many countries, and usually don’t do “tours”. And in Jamaica we were going to do the same thing, until it became clear that the car rental would cost not much cheaper than the tour guide with a driver.

We had a connection with Angi and George from the first second: they have met us directly from the ship, and treated us with an authentic Jamaican ginger beer :) They met all our requests, despite the fact that in the program of tours they did not have the places that we had planned. That is turned out a kind of "custom made tour". I would like to add that we were traveling with a baby, and felt absolutely safe and welcomed.

Thank you very much, Angi and George, for such a wonderful time we spent with you on Jamaica! I like professionals in any profession and you definitely are.
Make me want to go back already :)

2 Thank sardina_8

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience with JuJu Tours!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My fiance and I booked a private tour with JuJu Tours to go see Mayfield Falls and Roaring River Caves and it was an absolutely great experience. Angi and George were incredible guides and always looking after us to make sure we were having a blast. The most unique thing about JuJu Tours is the fact that they don't always go to the normal tourist destinations. I had a great time exploring Jamaica in what felt like a private adventure! There were no other large groups interrupting our experience and Angi has built a great reputation with a lot of the locals who navigate the tourist through areas that they probably grew up in. It was a great experience getting to know the local tour guides and they were so happy for us to be there so they could share their country. I couldn't have imagined a better experience, and there is no way you will get another tour guide company as accommodating and as amazing as JuJu Tours. Angi is great and takes a lot of pictures to capture the fun...and George was usually good for at least one dangerous stunt at each attraction! We will definitely book through them again when we go back to Jamaica!

3 Thank Michael S
Orlando, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“JuJu was AMAZING!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Angi and George were phenomenal tour guides! Very professional and made us feel like locals. They took us to hot spots that aren't surrounded by tons of tourists. Mayfield falls and the caves were a great experience and truly showed part of Jamaica that not many people see. I was very impressed by the company and would highly recommend them to any visitors. It was great to have a private, affordable tour that wasn't in a huge bus. You receive special attention and learn so much more about the country. One of the best excursions I have ever taken and wished we would have stayed longer to have more days with Angi!

1 Thank Sasha P
Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Excellent customer service and great time!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

After reading about Ju Ju tours on Tripadvisor., I contacted them through their website. We made arrangements for transportation to and from the hotel to the airport and also booked a nightclub visit to the Jungle. We dealt directly with Angie., the owner.
Angie was very prompt with her emails to make all the final arrangements.
We explained that we wanted to go to a nightclub and Angie gave us the insiders take on each club. We decided on the Jungle for ladies night.
The day we arrived Angie was waiting for us, even though our plane was late arriving. She offered us water, beer or rum punch. (which was terrific!)
I was dreading the hour and half ride to the hotel but before I knew it , Angie was telling us we were 10 minutes from the resort. We had spent the entire time talking about the culture of Jamaica. It was like traveling with a dear friend.
She picked us up at the resort a few nights later to take us to the Jungle. Since we were 2 single women who had never been to Jamaica, I was a bit nervous on what the club would be like. (we had a bad experience at a club in the Dominican and did not want a repeat) My fears were quickly abandoned when we got to the club. Angie showed us around, and stayed nearby at a discreet distance while we danced. The club was terrific and we had a great time. I do not believe we would have had as much fun if we were alone.
The day we left, Angie was right on time to take us to the airport. As we passed through the areas on her way to the airport she pointed out where we were and gave us some history.
I can not write enough positive things on our experience with Ju Ju Tours. We felt totally at ease with Angie, appreciated her tips and insights, and her strong work ethic.
I wish we had more time and better weather so we could have scheduled other tours with her as she is so knowledgeable. She has a great sense of humor and seems to know what people are looking for. She goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable and safe.
I would not hesitate to recommend Ju Ju Tours. When we return to Jamaica, we will certainly contact Ju Ju Tours. After all, who doesn't appreciate a great time!

1 Thank PAlovestotravel
Troy, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour experience on vacation to date!!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Angela and George were amazing tour guides. They made me feel right at home in Jamaica, especially since I was traveling alone. They were great communicating before I arrived through email and while I was there in Negril.
I did the Dunns River Falls tour and had a blast. I only wish I had more time to experience more of their tours.
I highly recommend them... you will not be disappointed.

Visited February 2012