“Best introduction to the island”
Review of JuJu Tours

JuJu Tours
Ranked #3 of 77 Tours in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: When hearing the words "tour company", most people picture the big, stuffy tour bus, packed with strange travelers. JuJu Tours is the complete opposite of that stereotype! We are an American owned company whose number one goal is to meet American standards. While practicing safety and maintaining professionalism is our number one priority, JuJu maintains a very laid-back "vibe" on all of our outings. Our tour guides are both knowledgeable and energetic American and Jamaican nationals. In order to offer our customers the best of both worlds, one female and male tour guide from each country attend all tours – dreadlocks, flip-flops and all. Every outing is completely private, for both big and large groups, allowing our guests to have a more intimate trip and customize the excursion to their liking. No other tour company on the island offers and delivers such personalized experiences. JuJu has over forty tours to choose from. Large groups, families with kids, couples - we have something for everyone. Amongst our array of different choices, both “touristy” and “off-the-beaten-path” excursions are available. Our primary mission, however, is to live up to our tag line “Jamaica Unleashed, Jamaica Uncovered!” Whether it be the secret cliffs to jump from, the limestone caves to explore or the rustic restaurants to enjoy a true Jamaican meal, we aim to help our guests discover Jamaica’s hidden charms and treasures. Proudly, JuJu is also the only company on the island that officially offers nightlife tours to the local dance clubs and reggae beach bars. We understand travelers tend to be hesitant about leaving their resorts, (most especially at night), and that is why two tour guides join all parties inside the venue and take them home at whatever time they choose. We have safe and comfortable vehicles of all different sizes. Roundtrip transportation, admission into all attractions, an authentic Jamaican lunch and beverages (yes, that includes booze!) are included with all tours. We also throw in a complimentary high-res photo CD of each trip for each customer.
Portland, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best introduction to the island”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We couldn't have picked a better introduction to the island. Loved all the tours we went on, including: YS Falls, Black River Safari, Snorkeling at Booby Cay, Horseback riding, Dolphin cove and dune buggy. Snorkeling was definitely the can't miss tour. Angie and George both made us feel very comfortable and put a lot of personal touches into the tours, including local food and providing us with amazing pictures to look back on. With Juju Tours you don't only get the tour but also some new friends to enjoy it with.

1 Thank Nick H

Front Royal, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best guides in Jamaica, if not the whole Caribbean”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

If people are looking for the best tours of Jamaica, I highly recommend JuJu Tours. I came to Jamaica with friends in April, we split up in Ocho Rios and went separate ways. I had read reviews on here about them, so upon arriving in Negril, I contacted Angie who was more than helpful to accommodate a last minute solo traveler. They were prompt with arrival, actually i was the one holding them up. Upon meeting Angie and George, i knew it was going to be a good day. They were very welcoming and attentive, so no worries about awkward silence. Being last minute i had to take a tour with 2 women, I'm a 29 yr. old male so needless to say this was not a problem. Our destination was YS Falls and Pelican Bar. Both excellent trips although the water was too merky to snorkel at Pelican Bar that day. With Angie shooting photo's it took the downside of solo traveling out of the equation. Very knowledgeable of the island, stopping by the Peter Tosh Monument and Masoleum for pictures along the way and also enjoying an authentic Jamaican meal. At the end of the day you feel like your leaving friends and gives you more reason to visit this beautiful country once more.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Derek F
Pomona, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fabulous Tour Company!!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband & I were recommended to JuJu Tours by a mutual friend of ours and the owner, Angela. She is originally from NY but moved to Negril and has started this company. She has the knowledge of a local while making you feel safe and secure in a foreign land.

She was very helpful and recommended a few different tour options after telling her what we were looking for. We decided to go on the West End private tour with George. Let me tell you, he is AMAZING!!! So sweet and fun and a native to the land, so really knew what he was talking about.

The tour lasted about 3 hours and included booze, exploration of underground caves in the ocean, a stop at a local "dive" called 3 Dives for a genuine Jamaican jerk chicken lunch, a tons of pictures, a trip to Rick's Cafe (famous fro cliff jumping) and little known facts along the way.

We were on a small speed boat, with the driver (Seymour) who was just as friendly as George.

I highly recommend JuJu Tours to take you around Jamaica. They have lots of tour offerings on their website, but Angi can also customize something for you as well!! Whatever you're looking for, they've got you covered.

Thank you Angi & the amazing staff for making our trip that much better!!

Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Jose & Michele From Philly. What an Adventure”
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

Thanks to every bodies reviews I went with JuJu Tours. Was not disappoint it was my best experience with a tour guide.Angie & George what can I say you guys where great! it was more like doing a tour with friends . So glad to do Horseback ridin,Zipline and ATV with you guys.On my next Jamaca vaca you guys are Hired!

chicago
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“West End Sunset Tour July 2012”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We had an awesome time. Our group started out as a party of 6 - 4 adults and 2 kids (9 & 5) Angie George and the boat crew Seymour, Robert and Ramario met us by their glass bottom boat which they pulled up near our hotel along 7 mile beach around 4pm in the afternoon.

Beverages and music provided as well as conversation and facts about jamaica etc but nothing over done or formal. Very laid back atmosphere which we really enjoyed. My kids are not very good swimmers but are comfortable enough in the water. The crew and guides were SOOOOO accomodating!!!!
We swam in Pirate's Cave then headed up to Ricks where the crew and guides handled a minor emergency swiftly and smoothly but pulling the boat up to the "platform" at ricks to drop off a sick member of our party. We also dropped off another for a prearranged date at Ricks :) We jumped the cliffs at Ricks but I was actually happy to get the hell out of there! That place was not for me but well worth the photos and George made it so much more comfortable to bet there!
AMAZING photos of every aspect of our tour taken by the guides. The photos alone were worth half of the $ we spent on the tour. PRICELESS actually!
After Rick's we made it back onto the boat and cruised along the cliffs for a stop at xtabi to explore down under with George while Angi placed the food order at 3 Dives. We then jumped cliff at xtabi for a bit and headed to eat. Angi was so awesome and let my kids hang out with her while she photographed my brother, george and I jumping. Kids would be fine to jump the cliff but mine wanted to rest.
A walk up the road to 3 dives for amazing food, scenery and conversation. Back on the boat for a ride along the cliffs and beach back to our hotel while the clouds covered the sunset but that was not even a concern! WHAT A GREAT TIME! GOOD PEEPS ALL AROUND !

We loved 3 Dives so much that we went back the next night. I loved the rice & peas, callaloo, festival/dumplings dipped in jerk sauce and plaintains! I am a vegetarian but everyone I was with loved the jerk chicken too !

We can't wait to go back and book again with JuJu. The perfect experience with a mix of Jamaica as experienced by this dynamic duo of a Jamaican and an American! Book with them and you won't be disappointed!