“Simple Lovely!!!”

Ranked #16 of 81 Hotels in Negril
New York City, New York
“Simple Lovely!!!”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

May we have some more please?!! ;-) What a fabulous "lazy" vacation we had a Sandy Haven! My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for his birthday for a few days (12/6) and I had purchased the Groupon back in July. It was magnificent! We were hoping for a few lazy...and I mean "do nothing but lay on the beach, sip a cool drink, sleep, and eat back to the beach" lazy short vacation. Well, we got it big time with this yummy "haven" on 7 mile beach. The intimate resort is tastefully designed and superbly run by the most amazing Stephen and Ann and their helpful and friendly team! We had everything we wanted and needed. Our room, Premium Ocean Front (full ocean view AND soaking tub) was stunning and exactly what I had hoped and what we also want when we're away --clean, lovely, and romantic. This trip was about being still as we have enough running around in New York and so we were more than happy to enjoy what the hotel offered. We love Negril and have been and will return often, so we'll get back to all that it offers offsite of the hotel another time. We ate regularly at Bongos and on the beach and enjoyed Chef Lynn's Lobster in Thai Lemon Sauce and that really really evil Bread Butter Pudding with Jamrock sauce WAY too much! (Hugs Chef Lynn!) As well, one of our favorite meals was breakfast by beachside. French pressed coffee (I am a bit of coffee snob so they had me at "French Press) , ackee and codfish with a beautiful fresh fruit plate started our days, roll out of chairs and onto the beach. Phenomenal! I even had a chance to share some yoga with other guests! It was a great time and we completely fell in love with the hotel. Wishing Sandy Haven much success as it continues to grow and we'll see you soon!

Room Tip: Premium Ocean Front Room. Upgrade! Make sure that it is actually "ocean-facing". It...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
SHRsm, Manager at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
It was truly our pleasure having you here at Sandy Haven Resort, we are elated that you enjoyed your stay and you are more than welcome to “have some more”. We are even more delighted that you find us to be the perfect vacation getaway, to laze on our pristine white sand beach while we tender to you every need. We are happy that you found Chef Lynn’s mouth watering cuisine an epicurean escape to gourmet heaven!!! We are truly thankful for your comments; they stand as a testimony to the quality service that we offer as we strive to create your unique paradise here on earth.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Polish first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We just returned from a week stay Dec. 5th- 12th 2012 in Negril we stayed four of the days at the Sandy Haven. I can tell you that by far this is the best place on the 7 mile beach if you are looking for pure luxury and accommodations second to none. However, I would echo many of the other reviews here to tell you the vital heart of this resort is the staff and owners. Stephan and Anna are the most courteous of hosts that will make sure your stay is wonderful and will go to great lengths to make sure any short comings are addressed immediately. As was the case when my daughter (we were on a family trip) noticed that her room didn't have a clock/radio/ipod dock in it. The oversight was taken care of on the spot. Thank you Anna!
I can’t say enough about the staff. My wife and I have traveled to many other resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and I can safely say the staff at Sandy Haven is the best. They go the extra mile to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as it can be. They are friendly and accommodating and work very hard to get everything just right for the guests.
Location is also one of the best attributes that Sandy Haven has going for it. You are truly at the heart of 7 mile beach and can walk in either direction to experience what there is to offer in the area. We made a number of trips to Cool Spot (local cuisine), The Jungle (local dance club), Margaretville, Alfred’s (Reggae Band night), and Kuyaba (restaurant). But you really don’t have to leave the resort if you don’t want to as they have everything you need. I would also like to mention the security is outstanding. I know that many people are worried by being hassled by the local street vendors, at Sandy Haven they have a security guard stationed on the beach and any and all staff will look out for you. This allows you to purchase from the local vendors and we did (the fruit lady Sandy is great). But if you feel like they are being too persistent or too pushy it’s taken care of and you don’t have to worry.
The rooms are all spa like and the cleaning staff does an awesome job cleaning the place up. The rest of the facility is very well kept and there are many activities on site or a very short distance away. Or you can just relax and enjoy the sun, scenery, and rum punches that Andrea and Linton make. Yeah Mon!

Room Tip: If you want true ocean view you need to be on the third floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Herbhaubrich
SHRsm, Manager at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you so much for making Sandy Haven Resort your number one choice to vacation with your family. We are absolutely delighted that you could have joined us and that you had such a wonderful time. We can see that you all really enjoyed Negril and all it has to offer! We express our sincere thanks to you for taking the time to write this lovely review about our beautiful property here at Sandy Haven Resort. We highly appreciate your comments as it is through this medium we know exactly what your experiences were like during your stay. Guest satisfaction is our main objective and as such we are thrilled to know that you have enjoyed the personalized attention and service from our wonderful team (both owners and staff) who made you feel at ease and very much at home. I’ll be sure to pass on your regards to Linton and Andre and the rest of the team. Looking forward to having you rejoin us with your family here at Sandy Haven Resort.
Lanham, Maryland
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Visited 11/30-12/4 2012. My fiance and I stayed at Sandy haven for 4 FANTASTIC nights. The resort is the best we have ever been to. From the appearance to the staff, comfort-ability, and food! The front desk clerk Tamara was very helpful and the owners are down to earth. If you were thinking of vacationing anywhere else in Negril. Change your mind and choose Sandy Haven! I read reviews below and frankly, my fiance and I never had anything stolen from us. We brought money and my iPad and we never used the safe. Nonetheless, we had a wonderful experience and recommend this place 100%. Thanks to the owners for putting in hard work to make sure they produce the best experience to their guest!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello Houkina. Thank you for taking the time out to write this lovely and refreshing review about your experience here at Sandy Haven Resort! It was indeed a pleasure hosting you and your fiancé as our guests. Even though your time here with us was short we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and have taken the next step to recommend our property to others. We are also ecstatic that you have enjoyed the services from our wonderful staff and I’ll be sure to pass on your regards to them. We look forward to hosting you here at Sandy Haven Resort next year or even sooner. All the best!
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I'm sorry it took so long to write a review, but I can tell you that every year I go somewhere special for my birthday and this year it was Sandy Haven in Negril. Must be less than a year old that the owner had taken this property under his wing and turned it into something special. He greeted my Girlfriend and I every morning at breakfast for a friendly hello and conversation on the patio overlooking the ocean. He also made personal arrangements to take my girlfriend and I to a restaurant a few minutes away. Truly VIP service that was not expected, but greatly appreciated. I honestly wouldn't think of staying anywhere else next time I visit Negril. In addition, I only booked a standard room online (Package/Airfare Deal) but they upgraded us to an ocean front top level room with a balcony. The resort is on a great spot on the beach with no rocks and just a short walk out of your room and you can wander the beach for miles in either direction. I can say I've personally walked miles on that beach and honestly have not found a better spot to stay. Best Vacation Ever!

Room Tip: Ocean front! Sunrise every morning is breathtaking
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear F1Traveler…thank you for your wonderful comments. Together with the staff, it is our absolute pleasure to make our guest feel comfortable, welcomed and at home here at Sandy Haven Resort. Like you, many of our guests have enjoyed staying in the Oceanfront Rooms and have particularly complimented the breathtaking sunrise and sunset. The early morning walk on the 7 mile beach is irresistibly tempting and we are pleased that you took full advantage. I will definitely let the staff know how much you appreciated their warm hospitality. We look forward to having you stay with us again at Sandy Haven Resort!!
Nevada, Ohio
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at Sandy Haven for 8 nights as a gift from our children, and we were very blessed. The accommodations were wonderful and more than met our expectations! The staff was exceptional, very warm and friendly and helpful in every way. The owners, Stephan and Anna, were very welcoming, friendly and approachable, even as far as inviting their guests to accompany them on excursions, and offering to drive my husband to check out local gyms, etc..which was greatly appreciated! We had the most relaxing week ever and thought their facility really was a slice of heaven! We honestly wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else, as we walked the beach up and down and simply felt most at home right there at Sandy Haven! I will say we had the best room in the hotel as it had great views both of the ocean and down the beach. The room was very clean and we really enjoyed the fresh towels and sprucing up of our room twice a day! Great job Charm, Beverley and Denham! ( I must admit i did feel as though there should be an interior lock on our door). Definitely ask for oceanfront because we liked nothing more than looking out at the ocean every chance we could! Fantastic views! We hope to go back again!

Room Tip: Oceanfront, third floor had fantastic view!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello Lucas! Thank you for your wonderful comments. It was indeed our pleasure hosting both you and your husband for your eight days vacation get-away at Sandy Haven Resort. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our Premium Ocean Front room which is by far our most preferred rooms. We’re also elated that our state-of-the-art hotel amenities suited both of you perfectly. We definitely strive to create and maintain a warm and friendly atmosphere here so that our valued guest, like yourself can feel relaxed and comfortable while vacationing with us. I will most certainly pass on your comments to our wonderful staff (especially Charm, Beverly and Denham) whose goal is to always provide outstanding services to our guests. We are all looking forward to your return visit!!
los angeles
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Visited 11/29-12/3. The place is actually pretty awesome. The review from the Danns below sums it up quite nicely. However, just beware... of using the safes at this location. My friend and I had cash, an ipad, and a macbook stolen out of the "safe" on the last night before checking out. There one day, gone the next. We spoke to the owners and a cop who really did nothing. They just made it seem as if we misplaced it when we never took the items off the resort. I gave them 2 stars because it really is an awesome place however, when everyone you thought to be sincere turns out not to be...it's really such a shame. How can one recommend a friend to stay at a place they're likely to get stolen from? They should really check on their staff. Akilah B... wish I read her review below. Now it's no surprise. Shady Haven, thanks but no thanks. Enjoy the camera, ipad and macbook. Everyone else... go somewhere else. Anywhere else. There's 7 miles of beautiful beach to choose from. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ocean view, top floor, facing ocean. Do not use the safe.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank jillian p
SHRsm, Owner at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Jillian:
Thank you for your review and your positive comments about our resort. As you can attest we were very disturbed when you reported that your laptop and ipad went missing and both my husband and myself came immediately to your room to assist. You pointed out to us that you thought you had placed these items along with another laptop and cash in the safe. You used your code, known only to you, to open the safe when you returned from your overnight party and discovered that while the other items and cash were still in the safe your ipad and other laptop is not in your room. We demonstrated with the override key that if it was used to open your safe, this action would erase your code and you would not have been able to open your safe with your code again which you had done. We contacted the police to assist however, sadly we could not locate your missing items. We know that your laptop is very important to you and regret the experience.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2012

For anyone thinking of going to Jamaica - you must go and stay at Sandy Haven Resort in Negril. My husband and I had such a wonderful time there! The staff is friendly and really try to ensure that you have a relaxing time whether it's by the pool, lounging by the sea or just chilling on the deck talking to other guests. The hotel owners Ann and Stephen are also keen for you to have a good time and frequently stop to chat. I loved the food in Bongos restaurant and while you are there you must get Andreas the barman to make you one of his signature cocktails!
Altogether a fantastic boutique hotel - a unique thing in the land of ubiquitous all inclusives.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
SHRsm, Manager at Sandy Haven Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Dear Deborah, it was truly a pleasure hosting you and your husband at Sandy Haven Resort. We welcome and appreciate your warm and lovely review of our property. We are truly delighted that you both had such a wonderful time and even more delighted that you loved the hotel and its amenities and more importantly the services of the staff. We look forward to hosting you again!!