“Family Vacation Negril April 13-20 2013: Sandy Haven, is awesome”
Review of Sandy Haven Resort

Sandy Haven Resort
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Just returned from our stay in Negril we had a great trip and Sandy Haven is the place to be if you want to be in the middle of the beautiful Negril beach. The hotel is totally renovated in a contemporary and stylish way, a lot of thought went into choosing all the decor and is very comfortable. We were fortunate to have the ocean front rooms and these were just wonderful, not to take away from the garden view which are very nice.
The food at the beachside grill was quite a treat and mama chef makes the best goat curry, (not on the menu ) as was the breakfast, plenty of options and very well prepared.
During our stay we had the opportunity to visit several restaurants and bars in the area and must say that Bongos restaurant at Sandy Haven is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered.
We must in closing say thank you to all the staff at Sandy Haven and a special shout out to Stephen and Anna who own and operate this great place and make you feel like part of the family.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KarimNu

Reviewed 19 April 2013

My husband & I, along with 3 other couples just returned from my birthday celebration hosted at Sandy Haven Resort. This resort was recommended by a friend for its food, luxury and romantic atmosphere and it did not disappoint. I had an unforgettable birthday celebration. Sandy Haven provided magnificent guest rooms, awesome food, drinks, massages and the service from the staff was outstanding. Despite having a list of activities scheduled for our 1 week stay we only managed 2 out of the 5 activities we had scheduled. We were having such an awesome time none of us felt motivated to venture out too much - Sandy Haven, along with the 7-mile stretch of beach where it is located, lived up to its name and also provided an awesome atmosphere. The rooms were extremely clean, spacious, beautifully decorated with a very large garden tub. They really exceed our expectations. Sandy Haven also provided excellent entertainment at night especially over the weekend and a Friday night barbecue/brunch with many food items that were all scrumptious and the brunch was reasonably priced. Everyone in our party is still talking about our trip and are already planning on returning to Sandy Haven in the Fall and bringing their families & friends with them. Ms. Uker (the owner) graciously took the time (though it was very busy) to join us at several of our meals and oversaw every detail for my birthday dinner including an awesome cake that was beautifully decorated. I highly recommend Sandy Haven Resort in Negril and cannot wait to return this Fall..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HMB330
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This was my third trip to Negril (March 2013) and Sandy Haven really blew me away. Hotel was very nice, the rooms were new and quite comfortable. The staff was great, food was awesome, some of the best in Negril. Chef Lynn was great and the servers and bartenders were excellent too. All in all, this is the only hotel on the Beach I would ever stay at.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms were where its at, I stayed in 112.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 134jasons
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This hotel is simple so different then what I expected in Jamaica. It is contemporary, and beach bar and staff are great .The food is outstanding. Very safe and quiet. Owners were on site daily and very friendly. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We preferred one on the top floor not right over the beach - it was quiet and it had a balcony where...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jodi S
Reviewed 4 April 2013

A group of 16 friends and family thoroughly enjoyed Sandy Haven over the Easter Weekend. Beautiful property, great staff and a wonderful wide beach with drinks to go down well!!! Add two mornings of golf at Negril Hills & Tryall Golf Clubs and you are certainly in "Heaven" - the guys can relate to this :) We had such a great time and look forward to going back really soon - Ready to go back tomorrow! Cheers!!! Paul & Lisa L

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. They are new, well appointed and very clean!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 702PaulL
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed at Sandy Haven Resort for the last four days and wished that I could have stayed longer. From the moment I arrived, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The staff knew my name before I even told them who I was. Throughout my stay I was greeted with my first name and a smile.

My room was spacious, clean, and well appointed. One of my favorite things to do was sit on the balcony at sunrise and write. Later in the day, I took walks on the beach, enjoyed the cool water, and read a few books.

I traveled solo to this resort and not once did I feel out of place or lonely. I had two fabulous massages. Angie gave me the best deep tissue massage of my life. The next day it was followed up with a hot stone massage with Maxine. I would have loved to bring them home with me. And I can't end without mentioning the fabulously delicious food.

I have never before stayed at a small, boutique hotel. The interactions of the owners with the guests was refreshing. It felt like family. And the reception staff was always there to help, especially Sadie.

The only negatives I can think of is that the resort is located next to a club that played loud music all night. The interesting thing is that even though I heard the music, it didn't interrupt my sleep too much. And, I would also like to suggest that solo travelers be drawn into exploring the activities and attractions in the area. I was hesitant to travel outside of the resort alone.

I went to Sandy Haven Resort to heal my spirit and finish writing a book. I was able to do both and for that I am very grateful to the Uekers, Pops, Beverly, Sadie, Maxine, Angie, and the rest of the staff at the resort. I will surely visit again. I hope that by the time I return the gym and gift shop are up and running.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sandy Haven in August 2012 for six days and had a wonderful time. From the moment we arrived, the staff were friendly and welcoming and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our trip. Unlike other reviewers, we never felt as though folks were angling for tips, rather that people were being helpful. The rooms we stayed in were beautiful, clean, and comfortable. Our first room had a leak in the bathroom and my husband mentioned the leak to the owner one morning, asking if he could have someone come in and fix it. Within 30 minutes we had been upgraded to a new, even more beautiful room, without even asking for an upgrade. Breakfast each morning was delicious and the cook was accommodating to my husband's breakfast requests. We liked having the option of getting out to explore lots of local eateries during our stay and the staff was very helpful in provided recommendations. The last night we ate at the restaurant on site and the food was extremely good - so much so that I wish we had eaten there several times during the week. All in all, a lovely place that we will be returning to as soon as we can!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple