“Great Food”

Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The SPA Retreat
Ranked #7 of 195 Restaurants in Negril
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Jamaican
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manhattan, New York, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at The Spa for 3 days and thought the food here was great. I had the omelet with calaloo (sort of like a cross between aspargus and spinach) and fresh fruit each morning. For dinner I had coconut shrimp, jerk shrimp, and jerk tacos. You dont get a ton of food but you dont need it. You leave full, not stuffed.

If you are looking for more reviews on this restaurant, look at the reviews for The SPA Retreat. Almost every guest mentions the restaurant and how good the food is. Enjoy!!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Kelly P

Lilburn, Georgia
“Great vegetarian options!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you are vegetarian and want delicious, fresh, vegetarian options, then this is the place. I decided to stay at The Spa Resort when I found a Groupon and saw that they offered "farm to table" dining. While staying at the resort, I opted for the all-inclusive special so I could eat and drink rum drinks all day. It turned out to be a great savings in the long run! Although I was a hotel guest, this restaurant is open to the public. Every menu had vegetarian options, but what I loved about this most is that I discovered that the two chefs there during my stay were also vegetarian. They modified the meals even more to accommodate my individual preferences. The food was delicious and fresh. When I travel, I love to try different foods, but am often unable to try different dishes because of animal products in the foods. This was not the case at the Blue Mahoe. I was able to have the soups because they were completely animal-product free (no animal stock in the soups or the vegetables!). I tried the pumpkin soup, Irish potato soup and also had the chefs modify the dinner entrees and make suggestions. I had the Rasta Man Pasta the first night and it was great. My friend ordered the shrimp pot and suggested I have it the next night without the shrimp. I did and it was delicious!! Sheldon was one of the vegetarian chefs who prepared a grilled vegetable, rice and peas, with jerk sauce. AMAZING! The breakfasts were great and my only regret is that I did not have the ackee and callaloo on the last day since I don't know when I'll be able return to Jamaica to have that again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Z1361YKmelissam
jamiekeeley, Public Relations Manager at Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The SPA Retreat, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your review! We wish to accommodate all of our guests needs and are pleased to deliver fresh cuisine with dishes that are completely customizable. Our Chefs do hope to see you return one day as they enjoyed preparing unique vegetarian dishes and are proud to have impressed! Ackee & Callaloo awaits, one love!
Rockmart, Georgia
“Best breakfast in Jamaica!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This place has the best breakfast in Jamaica, hands down. We were in the country for 10 days and didn't have another breakfast even close to as good as this one. And the service is great!!

4 Thank JSWeathers
jamiekeeley, Public Relations Manager at Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The SPA Retreat, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review of Blue Mahoe Restaurant! We are humbled by your kind words about our breakfast service and do look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to the island for many more mornings on the cliffs of Negril! One Love.
Texas
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Greeted as we first walked in. Escorted to the bar while our table was being prepared. Extensive bar menu. Service was top notch and food was very good. Very romantic setting, have to say one of the best options for a special meal while in Negril

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank sammyb
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you chose to dine with The SPA Family during your time in Negril, Jamaica! It is our wish to welcome each of our guests from the moment they arrive with warm, friendly service and delight with fresh "farm to table" organic cuisine. We will look forward to welcoming you back again, soon come!
Miami, Florida
“Everything is Delicious!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This restaurant is absolutely incredible! My fiancé and I stayed at the The Spa Retreat for a weekend and ate here for every meal by choice. Every item on the menu was better than the next. Some of our favorites included the fish tacos, mango crème brulee, coconut shrimp, and jerk chicken. The service was just as outstanding as the food. You must try this restaurant if you are in Negril!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Travler458
Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure to have you as guests of The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel. We are honored that you chose to stay on property for all of your meals and sample the variety of menu items available at Blue Mahoe Restaurant! We must agree, the fish tacos are delicious with a unique blend of savory and spice! We look forward to having you as our guests again soon. One love!