“Fabulous Beachcombing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lost Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lost Beach Resort
Ranked #71 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Victoria, BC
“Fabulous Beachcombing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2008

My family and I spent 12 days at Lost Beach Resort last summer and had a wonderful time. The location is absolutely gorgeous and we really appreciated the fact that it is off the beaten path. Our previous trips to JA had been to Negril so the peace and quiet was a wonderful change. As well the location enabled us to visit Sav La Mar market and Negril as well as Whitehouse and Black River without having to spend a lot of time inside a vehicle.

We had a 2 bedroom unit with a kitchen so we could make meals or choose to go to the restaurant where the service was great and the food varied and delicious.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, suggesting places we might visit . In addition being in the countryside and walking to the local vendor stalls, we met many of the resorts neighbors so got a real flavour of the countryside.

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Lost Beach Resort and would recommend it to anyone travelling to Jamaica

• Liked — The helpful, friendly staff, the beach, the location
  • Disliked — The no-seeums
  • Stayed July 2007

Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2008

If you feel you've never had a real vacation, then you haven't been to Lost Beach! It is a hidden paradise! Everyone there is extremely nice, and willing to get you anything you need. No problems. LOL Me, my family, and friend have gone for the past 6 years for someones birthday or New Years, and every year is better than the last. Beach BBQ's, bonfires, and private dinner parties on the veranda. I love it! My #1 things i love about Lost Beach, the privacy, the beautiful view right outside my door (absolute best), and the wonderful staff. I will be returning to Lost Beach soon. So if you plan on going (which i highly suggest), you'll probley see me on the beach outside my room swinging in the hammock, sippen on my rum punch, listening to the ocean!

• Liked — Privacy, and the pool
  • Disliked — Too far from city sometimes, but seclusion was still real nice.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2008

Wow! What an AMAZING place! Having stayed at a typical resort, and having stayed at Lost Beach, I would recommend if you REALLY want to see Jamaica to run as fast as you can from the mo-bay strip and head on down past the cross-roads to Lost Beach.
The neighborhood was great, as I never felt uncomfortable walking around, even late at night, and everyone was very friendly. The food at the restaurant was delicious, the staff was very kind and courteous.
Unfortunately there was a pool pump malfunction while we were there, but we had so much fun swimming in the ocean that it didn't matter in the LEAST.
It was a life-changing trip in many ways, and a lot of those changes would not have been made without the many long conversations had over the week with staff and neighbors alike.
To me it isn't a question of IF I'll come back to Lost Beach, it's just a matter of how soon!

Our of our entire group, everyone had a wonderful experience and got to see exactly what they wanted. Some came to just kick back and enjoy the beach, others to explore the island and the culture a little more, but everyone came back with smiles galore and stories, stories, stories.

To summarize: If you felt, for even a moment, the peace and serenity that Lost Beach has to offer you wouldn't think twice about booking for the week.

There are lots of places to stay in Jamaica, but not one of them had the vibe or ambiance of Lost Beach. As a matter of fact, the last two days we stayed elsewhere on the island and all I could think about was how I wished I had just booked the entire trip at Lost Beach. It's THAT great of a place.

My hat is off to the entire Lost Beach crew.

• Liked — The people, the people, the people.
  • Disliked — The showers fluctuated a little temperature wise...
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PHILADELPHIA, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2008

I am writing to let you know what a wonderful time I had at Lost Beach. The staff, Jennifer, Hedi, Seption & Lisa were especially wonderful and made my stay enjoyable. My drivers were extremely helpful and made me feel so comfortable. My room was lovely and the fresh flowers were marvelous; I was delighted with fine service, excellent food and other amenities-all located in a beautiful peaceful setting. My trip will be one that I will fondly remember for a long time. I look forward to returning in November, before I even left I knew I would be back I just have to make the necessary arrangements and will be reserving asap. This was my
first trip to Jamaica and the only problem I had was what took me so long to find Lost Beach which I will call from now on Found Beach The reviews I saw on the place did not prepare me for such a fabulous time, I did not want to leave. I have traveled to a lot of places mainly in the Caribbean, but now I have found home. Thank you and thank you wonderful staff.

• Stayed April 2007
minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2008

Stayed one week at Lost Beach Resort, couldn't wait to leave.
The rooms were dirty and entirely not what we expected.
The original description, (they've changed their description since our visit, with our complaints) was supposed to be 3 bedrooms, which turned out to be 2 bedrooms and a open loft with a ladder.
The shower trickles hot and cold. The apartments are just old and in need of repairs and replacement furniture. Air conditioner doesn't work, screens have holes (lots of bugs).
The staff is wonderful. The resort itself is nice. Pool is very nice.
Very secluded as the ad says. There were only a few other guests besides ourselves there all week, which was nice.
If you do decide to stay at Lost Beach, bring lots of bug spray.
If you want luxury, find another place.
One last word of advice, find your own transportation from the airport to the resort, the driver they sent was drinking beer and smoking gunji (pot) on the way. Quite a frightening experience riding through the mountains with him.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank icecubeMinnesota
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2008

This was the most wecloming and relaxing vacation spot in Negril! I cannot wait to stay at Lost Beach again...soon to come!I The hospitality was an absolute rememberance! Thanks so much for welcoming me with so much warmth and peace!..
LaChele Wilkins

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank tena69cancer
TUCSON, ARIZONA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2007

Definitely Paradise!
From the ride from Mobay across the lush Jamacian Mountains, travelling through small native villages with names like Anchovy, Ramble, etc, you arrive at the Lost Beach Resort !!
With its beautiful unspoiled beach front, you know you have found the" Vibe" Jamaica is famous for! Ya Mon!!
The resort staff are friendly and eager to make your stay the most memorable you'll have anywhere!.
Jennifer the host and Gen. Mgr., is a lovely lady She goes out of her way to accommodate her guests. She will ask you upon your arrival if there is "anything" she can do to make your stay special.!! My husband is a Diabetic and even when his "lifeline" his Insulin pump failed on a trip to Little Bay what was a very serious and scary experience, was made more manageble with the help and concern of the staff from the resort!

Sebert our guide got us a phone to call the States and back to the resort in a flash! Having friends like the ones at the resort was priceless !

Choices of things to do are endless, you can deep sea fish for your meal then have it prepared by the Chef at night, or laze and relax and choose from the wonderful memu for some exquisite Jamacian cuisine..... 9 mile, Bob marley's home is just a drive away, snorkeling, romantic walks on the beach....
The entire staff make you feel "at home on the island"

Safety, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Vibe!!
Up coming will be our 4th stay at LBR!, we have found no reason to stay anywhere else! We have become friends of the Islanders! You can too!!!

Check out Lost Beach Resort!

• Liked — Freinds
  • Disliked — Bugs
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BEACHBUMSAZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Villa La Cage
#2 of 3 in Little Bay
Little Bay Cabins
Little Bay Cabins
#1 of 3 in Little Bay

Been to Lost Beach Resort? Share your experiences!