Lost Beach Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Negril
See available hotels
The Cliff Hotel(Negril)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2009

An amazing place to experience the real Jamaica: Lost Beach Resort is comfortable and welcoming; it instantly feels like home. Wake up each morning to gorgeous sunshine and the sea right outside your apartment. The restaurant has absolutely delightful food -- Try the Jamaican Dread Sandwich and Ackee Lasagna (I would have eaten both at every meal if I could!) The environment is quiet and serene, yet provides much to do without any hassle. The staff is fantastic and conscious of your needs, get to know these wonderful people! You will have the BEST time at Lost Beach and experience beautiful culture!

Reviewed 9 April 2009

My stay at Lost Beach Resort was amazing. It is isolated from other large beaches and has a gorgeous secluded beach. It also has a pool right on the beach if you aren't into the ocean. The rooms were not run down in my opinion and the housekeeping always did a good job. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and accommodating to whatever I wanted to experience in my stay. The food is authentic and true to Jamaican culture, (I personally fell in love with the Jamaican dread sandwich) the Red Stripe beer is not always served ice cold, due to the fact that traditionally it is meant to be drank warmer. You can get a cold beer if you want one however, if you ask. Jennifer was someone I really enjoyed in my stay too, she arranged many different trips off the resort quickly and efficiently. It upsets me that someone would put down Lost Beach so much when I intend on returning a second time and maybe more in the future. I would not even stop to think twice about staying at this resort again, it was a truly magical experience. If you are looking for a more secluded and cultural Jamaican stay with much to do and a lot of fun Lost Beach is the answer, if you are looking for an American burger on a beach, go to Sandals.

Reviewed 9 April 2009

I just recently returned from my third stay at Lost Beach, and I must say, I love it more everytime I go! The people there are so welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The traditional jamaican food at the restaurant is beyond delicious. After reading the last review I am upset to hear all the horrible comments. Jennifer the manager is wonderful, and always eager to accomodate. I have NOTHING but wonderful things to say about this resort. If you are planning a trip to Jamaica and want a truly Jamaican experience this is the place to go. It is far enough away from the hustle of Negril to feel like you have truly escaped, yet close enough (20ish minutes) to go into town at anytime. Lost Beach also has many day trips/excursions to keep you entertained. I recommend horseback riding on the beach/ in the ocean, fishing with Bora the hotel's fisherman, taking a trip to Little Bay, or Mayfield Falls (one of the most beautiful places I have seen). I would not hesitate to return any day of any week and recommend this resort to the person who wants to truly experience Jamaican life and culture.

Reviewed 3 April 2009

The good news is that Lost Beach is right on the ocean!

The bad news follows,

My significant other and I wasted tons of money and our precious time at this place. The service and cleanliness were horrific and they were very low on supplies while we were there. You can actually hear rats move around through the bamboo ceiling above your bed at night -- I don't care if they aren't supposed to bite YUCK!!!! Have you ever had a salad without the lettuce? Have you ever had a cold beer without the beer? The manager Jennifer is never around and when she is she doesn't seem to be concerned about the guests. Lost Beach sure doesn't seem to be doing well at all financially. The rooms are really run down and the hot water is non-existent. Jamaica's great, but we wouldn't ever stay at Lost Beach again even if it was free. We ended up in Negril finally. We had a spectacular time there. It's just so beautiful in Negril!

Beware of Lost Beach!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank PowWow46
Reviewed 27 February 2009

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. It was during the during the middle of our trip to Jamaica. We stayed two nights before in Negril at For Real Resort (great place). The final four nights of our trip would be in Montego Bay, which we knew would be completely the opposite of Lost Beach Resort. This place is perfect as an oasis of calm in the midst of a Jamaican vacation where most of the time you are looked at as a $ sign and silly tourist. Lost Beach is a great place to stay, just don't make it your only place to stay in Jamaica. You'll want to experience some of the other craziness too.

We were two of only five guests there at the time, which suited us just fine. We really felt like we had the place to ourselves. In fact, we were only two of five guests in total that were staying there. I guess they are usually booked solid this time of year. But because of website problems, they were almost completely empty. It would of maybe been nice to have some other guests to mingle with, but the seclusion was what we were looking for. Besides, after Lost Beach we were heading to Montego Bay and knew that the intensity would increase there, whether we wanted it to or not.

Lost Beach is NOT a place to go if you are looking for an all-inclusive experience or want to party at Margaritaville everynight. You are basically staying at an off the beaten path (relatively speaking), cozy, husband and wife owned (really nice people), beach front resort in a genuine Jamaican fishing village.

Our room was large and very clean, quiet too. It had an awesome beachfront view perfect for the sunrise. We booked the honeymoon suite which was a good deal for the money. We had fires on the beach at night in front of our room. Very cool.

There are also some resident dogs that are very friendly and eager to be your friend. We love animals so we didn't mind at all. However, if that's not your thing the staff will make sure they leave you alone. The resident dogs are treated well, but some of the other stray dogs are not as lucky. Though they are all very friendly (painfully so), they are also very malnourished and it's sorta heart-wrenching to see. If you have any leftover food, walk over to the far end of the resort and give it to the super-skinny dogs over there. They are so cute and nice, but they're owner left them. Though the three resident dogs look skinny too, they are actually well fed and looked after. Give it to the others! Sorry for drifting off there...we're animal lovers.

Speaking of food....it's really good at the resort restaurant. Actually, I think it may be superb. The menu changes every night and it's usually some new fresh seafood dish recently caught in the village. Excellent and very delicious. One of the highlights for sure...

The best part of our whole Jamaican vacation was when we borrowed the bikes from the resort (they charged us for them, though we thought they were just letting us use them. oh well...) and went riding into the village. It's completely safe and the people there are super nice and friendly. We randomly met an older rasta whom we started chatting with and quickly became friends with him and the rest of his family. We hung out, they cooked for us, we listened to music together...he took us for a long walk through the fields to special places only a rasta would know of...it was great. We felt like we experienced the REAL Jamaica. In fact, we exchanged phone numbers and plan on coming back in the future to visit them. He actually called me the other day to say "hello" to me and my wife. Very nice indeed.

By the way, don't let anyone scare you into believing that Jamaica is some super-dangerous country. 99.9% of the people here are very, very friendly and accommodating. My friends that stay at all-inclusives are missing out on 99.9% of Jamaica. No Joke. Get out there and mingle with the locals and don't be afraid to make new friends.

You WILL get bitten by beach bugs (bring repellent!), but in the REAL Jamaica that's what happens (and anywhere else in the developing world, for that matter.) This only really happens at dawn and dusk for a few hours and then it's quite biting-bug free. Nothing to be grossed out about though.

It also would have been nice for someone to pick up some of the beach trash on the far sides of the resort. In such a beautiful place you'd think someone would do that. When you go for a walk on the beach away from the immediate resort area there can be some litter. It's nothing too bad, but it does spoil the setting just a little bit. Anyway...

Lost Beach is located in a real Jamaican village, not a tourist area. It is best enjoyed by those looking for peace and quiet in a more nature oriented setting, without all the peddlers and hustlers lurking about. You can have fires on the beach too! Ride a bike around the village and make new friends in far-away places. If you make Lost Beach a stop on a longer Jamaican tour, you will definitely feel like you experienced Jamaica to the fullest. Lost Beach and it's surroundings were the highlight of our trip and we'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple