“Seastar made for a great vacation!!!”
Review of Seastar Inn

Seastar Inn
Ranked #1 of 42 Negril B&B and Inns
“Seastar made for a great vacation!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We absolutely loved staying at the Seastar Inn! The small, intimate, and well landscaped atmosphere made for a very relaxing vacation. The staff was phenomenal, extremely friendly, and professional. The food was excellent as well, I especially recommend the snapper, curried conch, and jerk chicken. Just a few blocks down the road were several cliff side bars that we swam and snorkeled at. So glad we didnt go with one o the big corporate all inclusives, Seastar was way better! We will hopefully be returning soon!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Ekbergman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon and it was a fantastic choice all the way around. We found an amazing special online which made an already affordable place even more affordable. The staff is simply amazing. Every person we encountered was friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were having a great time. From the moment we were picked up at the airport by Henry to the moment he took us back, we felt like we were in good hands. We also ate at several places in Negril, but we enjoyed the restaurant at the Seastar as much or more than the other places we ate. The prices for drinks and food were the same or lower than any other place we found and the quality was as good or better than any of those places. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, our room was clean and nice and the hammock outside the room was the ideal finishing touch to the room. It was a great first experience in Negril and we plan to return...when we do, we will be staying at the Seastar Inn again.

1 Thank Brian K
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 July 2012

What an incredible place in the west end of Negril. Everyone treated you like family. It was home away from home.

They have a free shuttle that will take you to the beach daily. They also have side trips that you can take like horseback riding and such.

I want to thank the amazing staff that took care of us on this first trip to Jamaica. Rochelle at the front desk was just amazing. Always greeting you in the morning with a beautiful smile. Henry was are driver that went out of his way to make sure that we were comfortable. Lastly, Barbara was our bartender and server. She made sure that we were happy. The service was great.

This place is just wonderful and you can go on and on about it. All I have to say is that I am soooo glad that we didn't stay at a resort hotel.

Take a chance and stay here. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 7. It had a king size bed, a veranda and you are on the second floor. Its really pr...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank girl714
DC
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I just want to say thank you for the entire staff for their kindness and making our first trip in Jamaica absolutely amazing. The Inn is on the West side of Negril by the cliffs nearby some really good places to eat (if you are brave and willing to walk the extra mile) or get a taxi. Francine and Chris the owners are really kind and attentive. The entire staff makes you feel like you are family before you leave. The rooms are very clean and have a TV with American Cable shows if you decide not to go outside because it is rainy. The rooms also have AC and a great hammock outside. The property is well maintained and the food there is really good for the price you pay. If you need to get anywhere the Inn will help arrange it for you. Barbara and Clara are absolute dolls and Henry is super chill.

Great price
Great Staff
Clean
Nearby Great Places to eat
- Ivan's
- Push Cart
- 3 Dives
Relatively Quiet (besides Saturday Reggae nights which are fun)
Comfy beds
Clean linens and towels

4 Thank foodieloverforever
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The overall service was great. Staff is friendly, attentive and personable. The bar/restaurant is not necessarily high end, but it is reasonably good. Mosquitoes and bugs can be a bit of an issue; my girlfriend got a few bug bites every night, and the hotel staff did not seem to be able to do much about it. The location is a little remote from the beach, but scooter and car rentals are offered at affordable rates. We had a fun vacation, and I would recommend this hotel/resort to other people.

5 Thank Luis865
Baltimore,Maryland
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I just wanted to say from the very first time I stayed at Seastar I knew that this was the resort for me.
It's very clean, layed back, friendly, and affordable. The food and customer service is amazing.
It's the only place I stay when in town, and I've made it my home away from home.
Thanks to all the friendly staff for making this place such a great atmosphere.
I will see you guys soon.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank copper350
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 June 2012

You cannot beat it for the price. The staff, food, and drinks were awesome! The Saturday night show was phenomenal!!! I wish we had stayed longer so I could catch the show twice. I thought that not being directly on the water would bother me more but it wasn't a big deal. They have a free shuttle that will take you to the beach or anywhere inbetween in the mornings and will pick you back up at 4:00, or later for a nominal fee. We walked out to the main road a few times, to go to the market or dinner and always felt safe. My kids, ages 18 and 21 loved it there. I left my wallet there with all my credit cards and driver's license and they called me right away and overnighted it back to me. I wasn't thrilled with the 2 bedroom apt like room
we stayed in, we could not figure out how to work the stove and the kitchen needs some updating and it could have been cleaner but then again I am a germophobe. There were cobwebs around the lights in the bathroom. But we did not bring any of this to anyone's attention and I have a feeling that if we had everything would have been addressed. I hate to mention these things as it really is a pretty cool place to stay, maybe next time we will try a different room, maybe one of the new ones they are currently building that are set to be done in November.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family