Seastar Inn
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$99
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
US$212
US$193
US$120
US$61
  • Pool
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$150
US$115
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
US$484
US$469
Bookit.com
All reviewssaturday night buffetsea starswim up barmiss barbarawest enddaily shuttlehome away from homefeel like familyhammock on the balconycliffs areahot saucenever stay anywhere elserick's cafejamaican cuisinegreat guyhousekeeping staffhave a good time
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Honestly I had read reviews and was nervous, we had stayed at white sands for 1 night and white sands truly is no comparison. we walked in for check in and we were early but rochelle right away made us feel at home she nikki and clairol were absolutely fantastic behind the bars also. we loved them! They really made us feel at home. We plan on staying there next year and following years if they're available I can honestly say I know why they're always booked solid! the room was fantastic and they always have a supply of ibuprofen ( thanks guys) the drinks are awesome and the pool bar was fantastic. Percy a driver there was fantastic and hilarious I would highly recommend him. along with everton at Everready tours! Percy even made sure we got to the right places and when one was closed he took us to a great second option. My nervousness was obviously ridiculous going there. I cannot wait until were back with our Jamaica family! oh and Barbara was sweet and knew our names right away. there's somthing to be said for taking that little bit of extra effort. Thanks to everyone there!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank juliaforbeck
Reviewed 27 February 2013

After reading many reviews on many different sites I was excited about this " family friendly" hotel. When we arrived and got to our room we couldn't believe our eyes ! The room was really run down and not modern at all. It didn't remotely fit the description the hotel gives on their website.There wasn't a ceiling fan in the room as described, the bathroom vanity had no shelves,no electrical outlets in the bathroom as well.There was no comfortable seating to watch television so you had to watch from the bed and that's not comfortable for to long ! At night you can't sleep because of the numerous yard dogs, as they bark at night and sleep during the day. I had to sleep with the bed sheet over my nose from the marijuana. We specifically asked for a non smoking room,lol.I will say that the staff was excellent and wonderful at meeting your needs !

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Candace102760
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The staff at Seastar is outstanding. Everyone is extremely helpful and very nice. The hotel is located a few hundred yards back Seastar Lane which I would describe as a little more than a city block. It’s a safe residential area and very quiet. A very easy walk to the local grocery store, Wise Choice, with plenty of restaurant options such as Ahhhbees, Ivan’s, Sharks, Ras Rody’s, and LTU. Rick’s Café is right up the road.

The atmosphere is best described as chill. The main common area is huge with plenty of room at the bar, lots of tables, and some comfortable couches. Wifi too! For the sports fans they have several TV’s at the bar where you can watch different events at the same time. Not a common thing in Negril. Generous and well priced drinks with pool service. Plenty of pool chairs and towels. The pool had a swim up bar and cabanas for shade.

There is a large and popular menu for at the bar or dining area. Continental breakfast bar with bagels, toast, cereal, and such is complementary for guests. They have a Saturday Reggae Show and buffet that is extremely popular and they will even pick you up if you’re not staying there. Unfortunately we did not get to attend but we could hear the fantastic singer from our balcony.

Maids kept our room clean and always provided us with any special request. The room had a fridge, stove, and electric coffee pot and plenty of delicious Jamaican coffee was provided.

The only complaint we had was that we made our reservation with Negril Onestop in May of 2012 for our November trip. After doing much research on TA we requested room 1 or 3. We got a confirmation for Room 1 almost immediately. However, when we arrived at Seastar for our stay the clerk Rochelle told us Room 1 was already occupied. We showed her our Negril Onestop confirmation that clearly showed our reservation for Room 1. We didn’t want to make a fuss about the room since we felt it could just make things awkward for the remainder of our stay. After all we were in Negril.

Room Tip: You may want to confirm your room right before you leave.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ti2m
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Let me start off by saying, I love this place! I recently spent 5 days and 4 nights here and my stay was absolutely amazing. The Seastar is set in a wonderful, quiet location that's perfect for anyone who wants to visit Jamaica but not fill entrapped by the large, sometimes loud, tourist centered resorts. The hotel is perfectly priced with HUGE rooms that are decorated with very charming decor! Another special aspect of each room is the outside hammock on the nicely designed balcony/porch area. I was honored to stay in one of the new rooms they've recently opened up and I loved it; the room was gorgeous! The property is well secured behind an always closed and well watched gated area and the grounds are beautifully and meticulously groomed. The property could truly grace the front of a postcard and what a beautiful picture that would make! In addition to the beauty of the rooms and property, the staff is just as wonderful. The owners Chris and Francine and their amazing staff: Rochelle, Barbara, Henry, Samantha, Alvin and others are a shining example of class, customer service and kindness on every hand. During my stay I felt like more than just a guest, they really make you feel like a family member or a special friend that's visiting their home personally. They give each guest so much attention and care, that by the end of your time there you're spoiled, I know I was! In fact, I'm already looking at my busy work schedule to see if I can come back in the next few months for another few days of rest and relaxation. This place has become my "get away from it all" retreat for sure. I travel a lot all throughout the states and I'm very picky when it comes to hotels, 5 star establishments are my lodging of choice. I said all that to say I'm very well versed when it comes to hotels and I can tell you with thunderous applause that the Seastar is one of the best! Here's a rundown: they’re the best in beauty, the best in the food that serve, the best in customer service, the best in large, well groomed, quiet, nicely decorated rooms, the best in pricing, the best in making you feel safe and secure and the best in doing all they can to ensure that your vacation is one to remember. If you're thinking of visiting Jamaica and you're staying in Negril, book the Seastar for your stay, you'll love it, love it, love it!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank Tonya F
Reviewed 31 January 2013

You know when you read reviews, and you are like...this is too good to be true? Not the case with Seastar. Photos don't do the property justice, the rooms are very clean and big. Everyone is very helpful. We were possibly the youngest couple there, but to be honest we were the weakest partiers - everyone had great energy ;) A lot of the guests are veterans to the island and have great tips for what to see/eat/do. I would suggest having some more menu options - maybe a daily special? After a week we had covered most of the menu and had to look elsewhere to get some variety. Ahhhbees down the street is amazing by the way. Walking around at night was a bit unsettling as people still try to approach you to sell assorted items, luckily Seastar has great neighbors like Wayne to make sure you get home safely. Henry and Junior are excellent drivers and made getting around the island a breeze. I will say the owners did not talk to us at all which was surprising. Everyone else was extremely friendly. Oh and Saturday night is happening! Be sure to reserve a table! You'll feel VIP by having a room there that night. Folks come from all over to see the show. Room 18 was awesome. Oh and we need 3oz bottles of the hot pepper sauce for folks who don't check luggage ;)

Room Tip: Room 18 is upstairs in the new section. It has a great view from the balcony and you can see the pool and restaurant from the window. The water fountain is a bit loud, but if you sleep well to rain storms you might enjoy it. If the neighbors below are smoking, you might get smoked out of your balcony but that would be my only complaint.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple