“Bring ear plugs and bug spray”
Review of Seastar Inn

Seastar Inn
Ranked #1 of 44 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The bad

Location:
Says cliff but wasn't expecting actual location being away from it. Felt unsafe going from the main road through to the Inn.

Insects:
Choose this place due to good reviews. However, did not see any reviews about mosquitoes and noise. We had two small children with us and had to scramble to get bug spray, cortizones and other meds.

Around 5pm some kind of cricket starts chirping non stop until morning. Non heavy sleepers need to bring ear plugs!!!

Pool:
No towels available even after asking repeatedly. Pool is on the small side.

Not for children:
Smoking (cigarettes and "others" everywhere including restaurant and pool. Not recommended for kids to be here. We were the only young guest (ages 30 and 37 not including our kids).

The good

Food:
Restaurant has flavorful, delicious food with great service.

Free beach shuttle:
Shuttle leaves at 11am and returns at 4pm.

Atmosphere:
Very relax and enjoyable place. Just not for the little ones.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank castingshadows
Christopher T, Manager at Seastar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you felt unsafe when walking from the mainroad, however we want to assure you that it is safe and we have never had any incidents where guests' safety has been comprimised. With regards to the crickets, they are attracted to the flowers and plants on property. Thank you for staying with and we hope to see you in the future.

Regards,
Okema Walters

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I just came from the Seastar's Saturday night event. I had a great time! The people were welcoming, the food was delicious, the music was great, the drumming was amazing, and the price is very very reasonable, low even. Nice place! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank BaruchZed
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Had a wonderful vacation at the Seastar! Great staff and hospitality. Made you feel like part of the family. Went to have a short vacation and it was great. It is about a block from Ricks which is a great spot to watch the sun set.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Zane358
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Seastar offered a week for $366 including continental breakfast and admission to the Saturday night One Love show plus buffet. We'd been to the show/buffet many times, but we'd never stayed at the hotel. When we got the e-mail about the special we jumped on board. and I'm glad we did.

Chris and Francine are great hoteliers. The room was well appointed and spotless and the staff is first rate. My mother came with us an we celebrated her 90th Birthday there. The staff treated her like a long lost relative... they LOVED her. I can't say enough about them.

We're a retired couple living on a strict budget. If there isn't a great price available we simply don't go, plain and simple. This trip fit our needs perfectly

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Pat B
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was my very first stay at the Seastar Inn and all of my skepticism has resolved itself. I spent one week at the Seastar Inn and I can truly say that I was treated like family and I was always greeted with a smile. I had no issues with the service or the staff. Unfortunately the room I stayed in was feet from a fountain that was a breeding well for mosquitos. So if you are booked in room number 19 make sure you have you have your Off and your Skin So Soft for coverage. Everything else was great. The property was well groomed, very clean and the staff was very attentive. I would stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Room number 19 is in front of a water fountain that is a breeding farm for mosquitos. Be aware.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The previous review is quite interesting to say the least. From my four stays I have dealt with nothing but great guest, many of whom are repeaters. Chris and Francine the owners are wonderfully engaged host who provide an amazing value. In fact I will be back for my 5th stay in a few weeks and have no doubt that it will be equally as great.

Room Tip: 17-20 are the newer rooms. All are clean however.....
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

First person I met was Henry the shuttle driver. He was so friendly and informative. He tells you about each part during the 90 minute ride (scenery is nice so u will be fine) . Then you drive up a little road and the gates to happiness and laughter open. The security guard is a sweetheart. I forgot his name but he is very tall and a little hefty , I think it might be Kirt he greets you all the time. Okeema the receptionist is a darling too. Very polite. Alvin the bartender is hilarious and always makes sure your comfortable. The owner of the property is very nice too. The cute little gift shop is full of fun little things. The continental breakfast is simple yet filling. The porridge is on point! The lobster sandwich and Burgers are awesome and the drinks sneak up on you especially the rum punch! The rooms are spacious and give you the island feel with various paintings and island flowers used to decorate the rooms. The finished wood ceiling in my room was a nice touch and when it rained it was therapeutic. The pool is a decent size with a bar to sit at poolside. The dining area is pretty big with two floors and a full bar. The Saturday night reggae party is awesome. Local band and a good native drumming session at the end with audience participation makes it the best part! I got V.I.P. treatment from start to finish and I loved that there is a store down the road that sells mostly anything you need. The locals are nice too and various places to eat in short walking distance. I will stay at SeaStar Inn every time and I will be back next September. Thank you all much respect and appreciation. (Nina R.)

• Stayed: September 2013