Seastar Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$670
US$313
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$73
US$172
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$126
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$171
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$218
US$193
US$880
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewssaturday night buffetsea starswim up barmiss barbarawest enddaily shuttlehome away from homefeel like familyhammock on the balconycliffs areahot saucenever stay anywhere elserick's cafejamaican cuisinegreat guyhousekeeping staffhave a good time
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We purchased a deal on living social for $366 (7nights). Prior to my purchasing the deal I researched the reviews. They were good reviews so I purchased it. I must admit the deal was too good to be true so I was leery about my travels all the way to the property. To prevent putting all of my eggs in one basket I booked a second property just in case I wasn't happy with Seastar. We felt welcomed from the time that we arrived. Cassandra addressed me by my name when I stated that I was there to check-in. I smiled a great big smile as I felt like I was home and somebody knew my name. I was already a long ways from home and this automatically made me feel most welcomed. The security guy walked us to our room which was VERY CLEAN!!! and fresh flowers were in our room. The guest at this location became like family as we began to commune daily about our lives back home and our interest in Jamaica and other talks. The saturday night show is a must!!! We were lucky because Luciano performed!!! We also got a chance to listen to sound check from his band for about 2 hrs which was a real treat!! Happy hour is daily from 4-6pm. Buy one BOGO on special drinks. I can tell you everything in this review that other reviewers have shared but I don't want to be redundant. My words of advise to you would be if you are coming to Jamiaca to have a good time and you would like to stay in a location that is home away from home. SEASTAR is the place to be I will return again and again. I met some amazing people and the staff was wonderful!!! Chris and Francis you have created an amazing oasis that will bring people young and old home to SEASTAR again and again.

Room Tip: Get the upper balcony if you can..rooms are more breezy and the sunlight is better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raquel B
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We visited March 5-26 with twelve in our group. Time well spent. The staff, as usual was fantastic. Food superb, very generous portions with good value. It was like a family reunion with our extended Seastar family. Chris & Francine, the owners, host a great Saturday night Jamaican buffet. With a live band and singers. The highlight of the evening is the drumming show. It is not to be missed, so much energy! So long. March 2015 soon come.

Al. B

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel is reasonably priced and clean and modern. It includes a restaurant that has a dinner buffet and show on Saturdays that is not to be missed. Rooms have balconies with hammocks. It is very safe and secure although my husband and I felt very comfortable walking down the lane to get to the main road. Walking distance to LTU pub, Sir Dees Love Nest, Just Natural Cafe, Out of Town Pastries, and a small convenient store. Loved the pool which has a swim up bar. Also has a gift shop. Includes breakfast. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank denisekv
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ok where do I begin.. We just spent two weeks with some of the nicest people. We stayed in room 1 for the first week. We could see and take in the daily goings on! It was great! Watched the Captain Kirk at the gate. Ha ha. Great fun. We loved everything about our room so much we probably spent too much time in the hammock enjoying all the Jamaican red stripe etc.! The food is superb! Worlds biggest lobster! The seastar family is so nice and always there to help out. Our second week was just as fun. Room 17. Close to the pool, restaurant and bar but yet so private. Hopfully get the room again next year. Actually we don't know which room was better! I would definitely recommend this place for anyone one who just wants to kick back and go with the flow and totally enjoy!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room you reserve is fine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We booked room 10, the most expensive room for 2 nights (Saturday and Sunday.) The refrigerator had a board in it as a shelf, knobs were missing on the cabinets, the kitchen sink faucet was barely attached, multiple stains on floor below toilet, stained toilet bowl, black filth and mold in shower and dirty black sofas. The love seat had an imprint of an iron on it. The male owner was forever present which was distracting. Not sure if he doesn't trust his employees to do their jobs or just wants to be seen but I never saw him really do anything. We waited for the free shuttle to the beach but the van was full before we could get on. Another way to the beach as not offered to us which was disappointing. The Saturday night Reggae show was nice and the buffet was good. I could not stand to stay another night so we packed our back backs and stayed at Catcha Falling Star for our last night. Catcha gave us a deal on a cottage on the cliffs for the same price we paid at SeaStar for the dirty room. I highly recommend Catcha! Did I mention there were bars on the windows in our room?!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple