“Home away from Home!”

Ranked #1 of 42 Negril B&B and Inns
Midwest US
“Home away from Home!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at Seastar the last week of April..I had room 18 above the pool..What a great Room!! I could sit on my balcony and watch all the action or join in..The staff here are the best I have ever encountered in my 20 years of visiting the Island as well as the Owner Chris..There is not a thing you could ask for that they will not try to do for you..The food is reasonably priced and the portions or huge!!..Daily shuttle to the beach..or a short walk down the lane to your favorite bar or restaurant. I travel solo and was never bored. Along with the staff the visitors are all friendly and most are seasoned travelers...So if you have any questions ask away!!..Thanks again Chris for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank muzikdoc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Warsaw, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I have traveled to Jamaica for 14 years and have stayed at everything from all inclusive resort to a small club in Little Bay and the Seastar has been our destination of choice. Chris and Francine, the owners, have always made us feel like family and going there is like going home. The staff is warm and attentive and have made our stays as wondrous as the Island itself. The food is the best in Negril if not the whole Island and can't be topped. The entertainment on Saturday night is always a thrill from the Seastar Drummers to the often surprise guest performer, including some very big names. It is a taste of the "real Jamaica" that has all but faded in most places on the Island. What can I say but go and enjoy, even though I am giving away the ability to make my reservations. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike C
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Seastar Inn is my: pack, go, & relax holiday. I have stayed there 7 times. My husband & I are planning to go with 20+ people to celebrate our 10th Anniversary next year) They will pick you up from the airport. Provide free shuttle to the beach (10 min. drive) each day @ 11:am & pick you up @ 4:pm & get you back to the hotel in time for Happy Hour. Bar tenders & wait staff are all very friendly & happy to serve you. Seastar has comfortable, clean rooms with a fridge, coffee maker, blow dryer, & balcony with hammock & chairs. Pool has swim up bar. The restaurant has anything from pizza, pasta, fries, to lobster, shrimp, steak, etc. (Food is very good). It's a small cozy place that has many return guests, year after year, & the owners are there on a daily basis. You have the option to walk down the road to several bars & restaurants, & many more along the beach are a short cab ride away. I'm already booked for Dec. & next March.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kelly W
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were joined on a belated honeymoon and new babymoon by our toddler and my parents in April 2014. We spent four nights at Seastar Inn and were overall pleased.

The first two nights we stayed in rooms 8 and 9. Both were clean, roomy and well appointed. They were on the alley and on the lower level so we had some noise from the neighborhood and some from upstairs on the first night.

Unfortunately, the power AND backup generator went out on the first night, which made for a long several hours with an unhappy toddler and his pregnant mother! Management provided apologies and candles but a free cold beverage would have been nice!

The second half of our stay we moved to the newer side of the inn, rooms 19 and 20. The rooms looked about the same, just as nice, but the bonus was water fountain just outside our balcony. Relaxing sounds through the night! Beware of mosquitos near the water though. I wish I had repellent handy because they got me good!

The staff was really great and made my whole family feel welcome. My little one really took to many of the ladies as if they were aunts! The owner saved us a spot at the popular Sat night reggae show which was so appreciated and much enjoyed.

When I booked I didn't realize we would be on the cliff end of town (looked at too many properties during planning I guess) but luckily we had a rental car or we would have been stuck or paying lots of taxi fares! You go down a dirt road and pass some local shack housing (the poverty in Jamaica was alarming and disheartening) but Seastar Inn felt safe and welcoming once on site.

Overall, we had a nice trip and appreciated the hospitality of the staff before and during our stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Monique B
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have travelled to Europe, Asia, Middle East and throughout North America and always try and stay at places where I can feel close to the people of that particular country. I must say staying at the Seastar Inn more than met that criteria. Wonderful accommodation, beautiful grounds, fabulous food but more than that the staff are awesome. I have met some wonderful fellow travellers that book here every year and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Everything is close in Negril and although not on the beach, a shuttle is provided daily. Saturdays they have a fantastic show featuring Drummers and Dancers that will get your heart pumping as well as a Reggae band that will have you up and dancing. I look forward to my next Jamaican vacation with my family and will definitely stay at the Seastar Inn to enjoy the chill vibe.

Room Tip: They have a great new section which was added last year but I still prefer total privacy so I stay i...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelley Y
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm a regular at the Seastar Inn, a cozy Negril hotel off the Cliffs just up the road from seven-mile beach. I like the place more and more every time, and that's because I've gotten to known some of the staff and some of my fellow returnings guests, so the 20-room hotel feels like home.

The food is excellent with good prices and large portions. The rooms are well-equipped and comfortable. The service is attentive, and the whole place is just well-run and organized. At some hotels, the staff members can act like they don't even want to be there, but Seastar it's clear they love their jobs.

And a special shutout to Okema, one of the office workers who loves to sing karaoke on Monday nights in the main bar area. She is quite a talent, kind of the female version of Bob Marley. In fact, maybe they're even related.

Hats off to Chris and Francine, the two owners. They're really nice and always make me feel welcome. I will never stay anywhere else. It's the best hotel in all of Negril.

Ya mon, ya mon, ya mon.

Room Tip: Every room is great. Room 9 has the most privacy, along with rooms 12, 14, 15 and 16. They don't...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank gerry123
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My son and I stayed here for 2 weeks in April. My 5th time and his 3rd. As soon as I got home I booked my next two trips one in Dec. and one in Feb. The reason we keep going back I would say is the Staff. Believe me it does not stop there, how about the owners Chris and Francine who are always on site and willing to make your stay a great one.
The food here is fantastic! With all the great places to eat in Negril trust me if you never leave the grounds you will always find a great selection from their diverse menu. From Italian, Jamaican, American and even Canadian Poutine you name they have it.
Well there is not much more I can say that has not already been said about the Seastar Just go and find out for yourself and trust me you will not be disappointed.
Just read all the reviews and you will know what I mean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family