“Fantastic Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 42 Negril B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

First trip, not the last! The staff at the Seastar Inn are amazing, especially Okema and Barb! Everyone does a great job at making you feel part of the family. The rooms are amazing and very clean! Any problems we had were addressed right away. My husband and I will be back next year to visit again and chances are we will be staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I will start by saying I travel to JA every several months. I usually stay at a luxury hotel on seven mile beach. This trip I wanted something different and due to the reviews on here, I decided sea star was the place. Even before arrival I drove Samantha and Okema crazy with my room choice and they never once got frustrated with me. I could admit my personality is one that is hard to please.
The resort is located on the west end and did drive by the entrance several times, I thought it was on the cliffs but it is actually opposite side, down a lane. Upon arrival we were greeted by Kirk and Samantha. Check in was so effortless and done within seconds. We were escorted to our room by Kirk and given complete instructions on how to operate everything.
Room #20- wow !!!! So bright with colors and paintings. Spacious with a comfortable king size bed, flat panel 42 inch TV with great channels. Ceiling fan and AC. Small frig that kept items cold. The bathroom was spacious as well with hot water and amazing water pressure. The room was so clean that I actually walked around barefoot. It was just a comfy room that I looked forward to retreating back to each night.
Pool- I honestly can say that I never used the pool at any other resort I stayed at but the pool at sea star was so clean that I used it daily. There is a nice swim up bar that is enjoyable.
Food- OMG. Amazing. Breakfast was so good that I wish I was there right now for it. The Saturday night buffet was also delicious. The bar is great as well with daily happy hour specials.
Service- I can't even begin to say enough about the staff. Smiles, smiles, kindness, kindness. It is so nice to be greeted with such compassion. I thank you Samantha,Okema and Barbara for warming my heart.
I can admit, I am very hard to please but Sea Star you achieved it, you made my stay so wonderful. I can't wait to be back. !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room #20. New building. Upper floor. Fountain outside does attract more bugs and can be a little noi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lovinglife6367
Coldwater, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent two great weeks at the SeaStar Inn.

Francine and Chris are great, the staff are friendly, the food is great, everything is very clean. Lots of fun, made us feel at home... Just loved the place... Will definitely go back.

Did some deep sea fishing, caught some tuna - real blast and the cook, did a great job of cooking them for us,,,

Room Tip: Pick a room on the second floor...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James B
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

When they said you check in a guest and leave out family, I thought it was cute. but it was really true. I really enjoyed my stay and look forward to coming back soon. The picture are really what I got and the best chicken wings I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine1026Chicago
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Always big hugs upon arrival, and the owners and staff remember our names! Quaint resort with lots of hospitality and great food! The bar has satellite T.V., so we don't miss any of the Winnipeg Jets games. We were there in March/14 and we have already booked for March/15!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AmazingGem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay there immensely. Francine and Chris and their staff are wonderful...no pretense! Vibrant, colorful, flowers all over the grounds. We stayed in Room #9 which was beautifully decorated and refreshingly clean. Peaceful place just sitting in the hammock on the front lanai,one with nature admiring the lushness around and listening to the birds chirp. Good food and unrivaled entertainment. Cannot wait to get back to our Seastar Inn family!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Islandgirl3344
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been to Negril several times and have always stayed in fancy hotels; meals at certain times, structured days... boring. The Seastar is an amazing place to stay, relax, and feel at ease. Very warm reception when you arrive; they take the time to know your name ahead of your arrival and it is as it they have been waiting for you. Large immaculate rooms, great bar and pool and the food is amazing, nothing fancy, just great down home comfort food. Friendly staff, lots of smiles and hugs every day! I will be going back there next year, and the year after, and the year after......

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends