“Amazing Experience!”

Samsara Cliffs Resort
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at Samsara Cliff Resort and it was amazing!
Everyone who works there is wonderful and so friendly including the bartender Owen who made me the most amazing drinks.
The room was beautiful but lets be honest who wants to stay in the room for more than sleeping?
I did everything outside and met the most friendly people.
There is a security guard outside helping you if you want to cross the road to go to a local restaurant.
The cliffs are great to jump off of and completely safe, the snorkeling is incredible!
We saw dolphins off the coast not far from us and fish that i have only seen at the zoo.
The rooms at Samsara are much nicer than the rooms at the sister resort Legends (our friends stayed at Legends).
Both resorts are great but I recommend staying at Samsara.
I also recommend going to the spa! I had a swedish massage done and it was so relaxing!

Room Tip: Just a tip the "garden view" rooms are across the road, I recommend paying just a few doll...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jennifer P
NegrilhotelsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Samsara Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hi Jennifer, So great to read your review! It sounds like you did have an amazing experience at Samsara! That's awesome to know, thanks for sharing all you positive feedback. Glad you had a chance to jump off the cliffs and snorkel. We're really blessed with such beautiful nature right in front of our cliffs, including the passing schools of dolphins which is so cool you got to see during your stay. We're glad you loved your beautiful room and enjoyed a soothing Swedish massage at the Spa. We have an excellent masseuse named Lesia who is fantastic! And yes, the famous Owayne strikes again and wins your heart with his friendly personality and bar tending skills! Thanks so much for your visit and let us know if you plan to return, hopefully in the near future. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Samsara!

There are newer reviews for Samsara Cliffs Resort

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed in Samsara in march for a week, even though the hotel was charming. we were staying in a room with a sea view , it was nice to wake up with that magnificent view. other than that, you don't get more than ONE towel per person. We asked for extra towel like a 1000 times, and we finally got it the last day. The prices for coffee in the beach bar were different every day. the staff is not flexible at all and a little bit nervous all the time. You get a shuttle to Legend once a day(which was nice) other than that I've never stayed in a hotel where you should use only one towel per guest and where you feel like the staff is so nervous and rude.if you leave the hotel later the day, they don't have any room where you can take a shower and dress up, so we had to do that in the public toilet near by the pool area :( the furniture in the hotel is old, but I think the biggest problem of this hotel is the staff and the rally bed services you get.

Room Tip: the rooms with the sea view are much better, especially in the ground floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank draganagaga

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and feedback. We're happy to know you enjoyed the magnificent ocean views that make Samsara's location so unique! It is breathtaking to wake up (and go to sleep) to those unobstructed views right in front of the hotel. We will pass on your comments to our hardworking staff who are known by the majority of our guests to be very friendly and helpful. Understandably there are sometimes cultural differences in communication styles and what you perceive as nervous may just be someone eager to please. In any case it is a point we will take up in our training sessions which will surely aid us in improving our customer service even more. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Jamaica this past March and thank you again for your visit! Best wishes and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently returned home (sadly) from the best trip of my life...Jamaica!! I went with 2 girlfriends and we truly experienced the very soul of the country, specifically Negril. We are already planning next year's trip and we are bringing more crazy Canadian gals with us! The more the merrier, right? We stayed at Samsara Cliff Resort where the views were extraordinary, the sunsets simply amazing and the staff were welcoming, friendly and fun. Our room faced west and we had the pool right there as well if our quota of cliff jumping and diving was done for the day. A huge bonus was the fact that we also had access to Legends Beach Resort on Seven Mile Beach....2 sister resorts with completely different settings...we had the best of both worlds! At Legends we actually formed the Canadian Water Running & Dancing Team and hope it will be introduced as a new sport for the next Olympic Games! Meals at the 2 resorts were fabulous and with a great selection of delicious food. I will have to give special mention to Terrianne at Samsara and Shanna at Legends....they always smiled, danced and laughed with us. I would highly recommend a visit to this magical place called Jamaica and especially to either or both of the resorts above. Thank you to all the staff and to the owners....you'll see me next year for sure! Hurricane Heather shall return :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank heather b

Dear Hurricane Heather and her crazy Canadian Girlfriends! Woo hoo, thanks for your stellar review! How fabulous that you gals had such a great time! We certainly agree that Canadian Water Running & Dancing ought to be introduced as a new Olympic sport! Thanks for all your positive comments about the views, sunset, staff, and everything. It's great when people know how to hang loose and have a good time. Of course Negril is the perfect place to do just that as you found out. We're glad you enjoyed the convenience of having access to both Legends on the beach and Samsara on the cliffs, via free shuttle. And we will be sure to pass on your compliments to Shanna and Terri-Ann who are both favorites among our guests for their fun-loving personalities and excellent service. We shall be ready for you crazy Canadian gals to come back next year with a vengeance! It will be more awesome the second time around we promise! Thanks again for your visit! One love from the Samsara crew!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

As soon as I arrived at Samsara I instantly felt comfortable and at home.
The property was clean and well kept with a lot of Jamaican flare, greenery, trees and just reminded me of a tropical oasis.

The staff were always friendly and quick to greet with a smile, eager to help, and everyone had a great sense of humour!

The food was good, and the dining service was exceptional. Everyone was so attentive which was a bonus on top of the incredible view from the dining room, feeling the ocean breeze first thing in the morning was amazing!

Our room was a cabin style in the garden. It was beautiful, the gardens were spectacular and it truly felt like we were in the tropics.
Our room was clean and comfortable and extremely quiet, we loved the front porch with lounge chairs and hammock. It was great to be able to sit out and enjoy the relaxing surroundings after a long day in the sun :)

Since our room was on the other side of the road from the main buildings of the resort, Peter was always there to lend a hand helping us across safely. He was always friendly and went out of his way often to ensure we were being looked after and enjoying our stay. It was nice to see a smiling face on the way to breakfast every morning!

I loved the view from the cliffs, I'm not a water kinda girl so I chose to admire the beautiful clear waters from above. My travel companion however loved jumping straight in!
I did snorkel a little one day, make sure to explore the cliff edges entirely as there are so many options for ways to get into the water. You dont have to jump in - but it does look like fun!

Will definitely be planning another trip to Samsara!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sam G

Thanks for your review of a lifetime! Wow, we're so happy you had such a great time at Samsara! It's really nice to know that you felt comfortable right away and instantly got into the Jamaican vibe. Thanks for your positive mentions about our friendly, smiling staff who work very hard to give their best service to our guests. It's nice of you to share your feedback about your garden side cottage which are really charming rooms across the street in a little tropical oasis, with your private porch furnished with hammock and chairs. We're pleased that you enjoyed some quiet time out there just relaxing as a vacation should be. The sea views are indeed exceptional and whether you jump in or now, it is breathtaking to take in the expansive vistas of sea, sky and sunset in front of Samsara. Thanks again for your visit and such a glowing trip report. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited Negril at the end of February for 10 glorious days! We were 3 couples who had the pleasure of staying at this small resort. I have stayed at quite a few larger resorts, but the Samsara was exactly what we were hoping for! It was small, and personable and the location was great. The staff was very attentive.

We were greated by Patricia at the front desk on the day of arrival and another girl who was in training. (wish I could remember her name) Right away, I knew I was going to like it there, because of their smiles and friendliness. Of course, we can't forget Michelle and Peter who assisted us with our bags in the pouring rain! That was our first impression of the staff there.

Owayne and Pauline who worked the bar, greated us with a smile everyday. The staff upstairs in the restaurant were FABULOUS. Shared some good laughs with Cameilia and Georgia! We didn't eat on the property everyday but when we did, everything was yummy! We enjoyed the Sunday Buffet which served some authentic Jamaican Food. They also had a some entertainment that very same night, and we danced til we couldn't dance anymore!

We lucked out to our surprise and were given the Pillar Room for the first 2 nights. My boyfriend is very tall so, it was a little cramped and we were just as happy with the Superior Ocean View Room they gave us which was larger. Loved that we got to experience both room types. The Pillar Room did not have AC but the ocean breeze kept things cool at night anyway. Allison did a fantastic job at keeping our room clean and supplied us with fresh towels everyday. I asked for another pillow and she brought me one, no problem mon. We had brought our own little coffee maker to have coffee in the mornings with some Sangster's Rum Cream.
I felt very safe at the resort, although it was a bit dark at night but that was solved by carrying some pocket flashlights.

The pool as mentioned before is small, but that's alright because nobody is hardly in it. Lot of people leave the resort during the day to go to the sister resort and spend time at the beach. We had the pool to ourselves somedays but also equally enjoyed the ocean. If you don't like jumping, you can easily climb down the lader which I did!

The seascape and landscape at the Samsara are equally breathtaking. Melvin does an awesome job taking good care of the grounds! We were lucky to be able to watch the sunset every night. This place is so chill, this is why my boyfriend and I have decided to return for 14 days in July! Can't wait! Thank you Samsara Staff for making this place in my eyes a 5 star! One love.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Louloubelle66

Thanks for your glorious review! So happy you had a great time in February at Samsara. So much so, I understand we will be seeing you again next month! That's fantastic! We're glad we met your expectations in so many ways. From Patricia at the front desk to Owayne and Pauline at the bar, to Melvin in the gardens, we're so lucky to have such a wonderful staff including the ones you don't see very often from the reservations and administrative departments, all such wonderful people to work with. That's great that you got to experience two of our room types, so very different from each other! And we hear you danced up a storm on Sunday Night to Sun Facey and his mento band! Life can be a fun adventure if you open yourself up to it, (and bring flashlights, lol). All in all it is very gratifying to read your trip report and look anxiously forward to seeing you again already in July! Be sure to send us any special requests you may have for your upcoming stay! Irie!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I just returned from the Samsara Cliff Resort May 9th, 2014. The cliff diving was fantastic, the water very clear and warm and snorkeling from the cliffs is easily accessible with a dive shop right on site. The staff and owners make you feel at home and are very welcoming. Food was great and the room I was lucky enough to be booked into had a view of the sunset and pool every night. I particularly love the fact that the sister resort "Legends" offers the 7 mile white sandy beach with turquoise clear water. Having the option to lounge at both resorts was amazing and I would definitely recommend this resort to all my friends.
At no time did I feel unsafe and Jamaica is an amazing country and the people go out of their way to make you feel welcome!!

Room Tip: Staying in the ocean view rooms is definitely a plus
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shirley M

Thanks for your lovely review Shirley! We're very happy that you experienced that special something Jamaica has to offer. From the crystal clear water in front of Samsara and Legends, to the great snorkeling and cliff jumping. It is our pleasure to welcome you and make you feel at home, so glad to know we succeeded. Thanks for your compliments on our food quality and accommodations. Most of our rooms do have a fantastic view of the sea and grounds. It is heartwarming to know that you will recommend us to your friends which is of course the highest compliment. Thanks you so much for your visit, we're glad you had such a good experience. See you again soon hopefully!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at Samsara Cliffs Resort and loved jumping into the sea. The privacy of the resort was comfortable and safe. We stayed on the garden side the first night, but it was too hot in the evening for us. The staff was very accommodating and we were able to move to the cliff side for the next and remainder of our week long visit... we needed the AC. The staff was very kind and just wanted everyone to have a good time. It was a great trip for me, my wife, 1 year old son, and two grandmas! Thanks Samsara!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris W
NegrilhotelsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Samsara Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you! It was a pleasure having you and your family :) Glad you got to experience, both our garden and ocean view rooms. Our garden view rooms are great for travelers on a budget, but we understand the importance of offering variety and you just can't beat our superior ocean view rooms. Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff. We will make sure and pass on the positive feedback; they appreciate it so much.
See you again soon,