“Teddy's Hideaway!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Brampton, Canada
“Teddy's Hideaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

What can be said about Teddys Hideaway. Teddy himself is a great guy. I enjoyed sitting and talking to him after our meals. My wife had her first lobster at Teddy's and it was done perfectly. I give credit to chefs like Teddy because he doesnt have all the modern equipment and such. Its good classical cooking with a Jamaican twist. One night I really wanted some fried Chicken... I asked Teddy what my chances were and before you know it I had some of the best fried chicken I have ever had.

Well Teddy, Im coming back on November 4th... Ill bring you some of my home-made BBQ sauce as promised last time. Dont pass up a chance to try Teddy's.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank ofarrrell

Tampa, Florida, United States
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Teddy's has wonderful food for both breakfast and dinner. I strongly recommend eating out overlooking the water. In addition to the food, Teddy is a great guy who is wonderful to chill with.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Lynn R
Boston
“A Birthday Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife Elaine and I always celebrate her Feb. 27 Birthday in Negril, Jamaica. This year we chose Teddy's at the Blue Case Castle for a few different reasons. One, the BBC is a beautiful hotel on the cliffs of Negril staffed by great people and also having delightful rooms. Second, the view from the grounds facing the sea is beautiful. Also, Teddy of the Hideaway Eatery is an experienced and gracious chef. My wife and I were joined for her Birthday Dinner by our great and long time friend, Keith Hawes. We all order different entre: my wife chose the grilled lobster, Keith had the Catch of the Day, Yellow Tail Snapper, I believe, and I could not resist something I had never had or even heard of before. I believe it was called Old Thyme Sum Ting. Every meal prepared by Teddy was served at a seaside table as the Jamaican sun set. Each entre was prepared to perfection and the snapper had a sauce that was incredible. The grilled lobster was large and moist as can be. My dish was the best meal I have ever eaten ANYWHERE-it was a combination of jumbo shrimp, lobster, squid, and snapper served in a perfectly seasoned coconut curry sauce. All enters were served with a choice of veggie and starch. My wife and I are still talking about this meal and will for sure do it again and again. All parts of this evening came into harmony by the great staff and kitchen at The Blue Cave Castle on the West End Road. A Thumbs Up Occasion.

• Visited February 2013
5 Thank dael27
Bethel, Maine
“THE BOMB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Teddy is a great guy and possibly the best chef in Negril. Try the Lobster Thermadore- trust! If your staying at the castle- he can brign it right up to your room, if your a visitor- no worries- now you get to check out the castle's caves and cool grounds. Once my wife was feeling sick and even though it wasnt on the menu, Teddy whipped up a pot of fresh soup that really did trick. Give teddy a chance- Im sure youll love it.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank AdventureCalledLife
Swansea, Massachusetts
“Best food in Negril !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Teddy's food is always the best ! Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, you will always be satisfied. Great guy as well !!

Visited May 2013