Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #17 of 48 Speciality Lodging in Negril
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Better then expected”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was our first vista to the Beach Club. At first glance you think it is a run down Motel 8 in Negril. Once we go checked in and settled. This place has personality, the beach is great, the house keepers do a good job of cleaning up the rooms and doing your dishes etc. The beds are average beds. We slept great in them. The beach is the best place ever. Great location to walk up and down the beach to get new places to eat. They do have a small store for basic supplies for food and drink. You are only a mile away from a couple grocery stores in town. I will be back again. I learned a few tricks with requesting towels a day ahead of time. and making sure I had the safe key and fees paid for up front. If you do not need all the glimmer and shimmer and want a nice place to stay with a great beach and location. this is for you. If you expect your bed turned down every night and need a hot towel to clean your face after you leave the beach, stay at an all exclusive and leave this open for me.

Room Tip: When you make your reservations. Make sure to note and pay for the rooms that you want. If you want...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank likens2travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
salem
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Please keep in mind that the property goes by both names when looking at website. Myself, husband and two daughters just returned from an 8 night stay at this hotel. We did not set our expectations high based on the reviews we read as well as the low nightly rate. That being said, we went with an "open mind". Good thing we did!! We were told upon check in that we had no reservations even though we had contacted them via phone at least twice prior to our arrival. They were able to check us into a standard room(which is what we booked). The room was dirty (dirty floors, bathroom, walls etc.) as well as extremely "worn", the small refrigerator did not work the the door to the safe was missing. The room also faced the busy, noisy street. We ended up "upgrading" to a one bedroom for the next five nights for an additional $25 per night. The room was on the second level facing the beach. A marked improvement to the first location but again...dirty floors...dirty stove. The fridge worked after my husband messed around with it for awhile. The air conditioner in the living room did not work. There were at least three full cases of empty red stripe bottles under the sink...a bit of a problem with ants and the list goes on. With a bit of a "wipe down"...we made it home for the next five days. We had problems with the front desk rarely having beach towels available so bring your own should you choose to stay here. The last two days, we were moved to a standard garden view room which turned out to be the nicest of the three...no fridge and still worn out but much brighter and cleaner. It is a shame because this property has the best location...close to town and the towne square and the beach is nice and wide but the buildings are in unkept and rough shape. The young fellow who worked the small market on the property was exceptionally nice and the prices in the store reasonable. I most likely would not stay here again based on the uncleanliness although the sheets were clean!! We were not in our room much so were able to "overlook" the majority,of flaws here and still have a wonderful time in beautiful Negril!!

Room Tip: Bring your own beach towels and wash clothes.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank espressoSalem

Travellers are raving about these Negril hotels

Jenkins, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2012

can't tell u how bad this was.. book studio gardenveiw with kitchen 1st room had fridge and stove. Stove was grossly dirty and did not work. There was no coffeemaker, microwave, towels, pots and pan. no way to cook anything. phone didn't work, there were 2 bath towel, use one to clean floor(really gross) asked for some to shower with. TV had no remote and buttons did not work( they sent a boy up on day two to fix it. we had to stay in room and it took 2 hour and still did not work)Finally got towels 20 hours later after getting them myself. Asked for pan to cook eggs. Tenisha tried to give me an electric tea pot. said i could boil them. I would have laughed but to shocked. We were on the third floor. belcony rails were falling off and rotten. They made us move two days later we were on the third floored.( no elevator) they give us a key and told us were our new room was no help. I had tipped the bellboy 5 us dollars for 2 suitcases the first time. Ok new room No air (cleaned the filter myself ) then it worked alittle. One burn on the stove worked. Well it got hot but also shocked u if u touched the pan. Yes we had one frying pan. Had to clean the floor myself, The phone did not have a cord. TV no remote . beds made with two top sheets. matress mildewed. I'm not a clean freak at all. this place was so dirty. It was a survival camp. we made it and would never go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank jenkinsgem
waterford
Reviewed 3 March 2012

had over booking problem and had to stay in another hotel for the first nite. olga the (manager) was good and straightened out the issue the next mourning. as most jamaican hotels they dont open or move fast in the am ie food coffee stores but overall i was pleased with the stay...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I am a seasoned traveller and have experienced both ends of the 'luxury' or the "not so much" continuum. And as a result I am by no means a snob traveller... I like good value. This place is by no stretch of the imagination a comfortable property and no amount of saving could coax me into feeling I got a good deal. Not sure where the other reviewers stayed? I would give is less than 1 star. While the location is good and the beach is great - that really is where it ends. Our room was dirty (our feet were black after walking on it) The beds were uncomfortable, the decor, if you could call it that was poor, bathrooms were grimy and the shoddy workmanship all over was so bad we actually took photographs of it as a joke. We had a "visitor" on our balcony and wrapped on our door in the middle of the night despite the security guard and a night manager (who apparently gave permission for this invation) Besides not feeling safe - we were uncomfortably hot all night. I would absolutely not recommend this property. If you still choose to visit, please lock away everything.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank NatalieF101
Jamaica
Reviewed 27 February 2012

having stayed here several times in the past 3/4 months i still say you get what you pay for, do not expect 5* for 2* accommodation, the staff can be very accommodating. There is currently a big problem with overbooking, it makes a lot of sense reading the reviews and calling the hotel before arrival to ensure you get a room within this hotel and not be sent to alternate accommodation for a temporary period (if that is what you want), i found i had to be persistent and insist on a definite answer as i did not want to be going to another hotel, not located on the beach , or in the centre of town, the hotel insist on not giving definite answers i.e., "its a possibility on arrival, you will have to stay else where" and this is also when calling the night before and the morning of arrival. Apart from that the room was clean, 2 dbl beds as requested, a microwave and fridge that works the bathroom had hot running water, no childrens channels on the tv. car parking no problem and security on site out front all night

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Shazzy B
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This hotels is a FRAUD, they posted pictures of beautiful rooms. But when you get there the rooms are. It even close in comparison to the pictures. My room was infested in ants and they said they sprayed something but the ants were still present. The faucet in the shower was. Token. The room I reserved wasn't a available when we got there . I checked out the same day because this was not a good hotel . Jam not exaggerating this hotel needs some major renovation!!!!

• Stayed February 2012