Message from TripAdvisor:

Review of Negril Beach Club

Negril Beach Club
Ranked #17 of 51 Speciality Lodging in Negril
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I still think that the Beach Club has the best beach in Negril.The room rates are quite reasonable and the rooms are clean. The staff is friendly but they often make one feel like they think tourist are a pain the the A__.

I was shocked this year to see that Hotel security was next to nothing. No one is on the beach to stop strangers from entering. The front gate is left unattended more often than not. In 6 weeks I wittnesed only one day with a lifegaurd on duty.

I hope the various owners start practicing an age old business practice of putting 10% of the profits back into the business. Upon arrival my Fridge was leaking onto the floor and it was still leaking when I left. My electric can opener was defective and was replaced with a hand held opener which did not work. It took 4 days to replace my coffee maker.

I did find a couple of gems there. One is that a Jet Ski service is available right on the beach and its run by two very nice guys from Boston. They know how to treat their customers. Anothe is a lady by the name of Opal. She is a liscened Massuse and only charges $40.00 per hour. She is by far the best I have ever experenced. She usually goes extra time. My two daughters got 1 hr. 25mins and 1 hr 15 respectively. I got 1 hr 35 mins. She is located between Merrills 1 and the Grand Pineapple and her # is 876-427-4481.

Room Tip: Get a room from Jean Gaynair. Her room s are called Negril beach club condos.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank scooterusa27
There are newer reviews for Negril Beach Club

Reviewed 4 March 2013

it is about a 3 we had a condo on the third floor it was clean but nothing fantasy....no bugs. The beach is one of the best places to be you have room to relax without being on top of each other.The people who run the place we found helpful and polite.we felt safe at all times there>>>>>>>>>>>>> so with that we are going back in Jan 2014 and we can not wait after all we all go for the beach not the room .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank teemay13
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Greeted by no record of conformation-60# half/pint Indian Women-Had an answer for everything-funny to her-No Hot water(we do not use it)-constant line of customers complaints for room change at front desk-dirty floors, never mopped-socks turn black-door lock falling apart-no towels for hours-dirty stains on supplyed linen-water only dripped and drain completely stopped up-Bait and switch room move-paid for Executive Suite-poor lighting-half/pint forgot to book my Airport shuttle(funny)told to be there for 7 AM(5 hours before flight)-got up at 5 AM and made my own reservation-Want a Big Drum Band,YEA, Accross the street going good at 2 AM FREE-This place should be KICKED OFF THE LIST- HOW ABOUT A MINUS 5 RATING-I hope I save someone from experiencing what I did

LAUGH NOW HALF/PINT-NONE OF THIS WAS FUNNY TO ME

Room Tip: Go Anywhere Else
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Laurence L
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Had a nice stay at the Beach Club Feb. 9th to the 16th. Great people and good service. Had a great meal at the restaurant at the hotel. Will go back. Many nice places near by to enjoy Jamaican Food. Close to the town and the best beach in the area.

Room Tip: The A building is the best!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I love my stay at this hotel, and I always get my same room. I know all the Condo are different inside, but the unit I get has everything I need stove, blender, toaster, microwave, so this unit is keep up, would always stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank negrilbay
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The bathroom's were disgusting! The shower head broke, the toilet was clogged, the TV wasn't working, there were cockroaches everywhere. The bedding was so dirty we never sleep in the sheets. The only redeeming quality was it's location on the beach. Other then that it was a dump. They charged for towels, a safe, and didn't have hair dryers.
Granted it was cheap, but if you're paying to go on a vacation, this shouldn't be where you use your money!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2012

1st thing u should know is that there are 2 diff parts to this hotel. The condo side which are awsome and feature a full kitchen and hotel side which are not the prettiest but budget friendly. The best thing about the property is that it has it's own little beach area and the restaurant, Although a bit expensive, has some of the best food in Negril. It's pretty quite and u have to pay for Internet service in your room but if u walk to the parking lot it's free. Also there are 2 diff desks for reservation at d hotel/condos so be sure u r at the correct 1.

• Stayed: July 2012