“Ripped off”
Review of Negril Beach Club

Negril Beach Club
Ranked #22 of 53 Speciality Lodging in Negril
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This place is a lie.It doesn't look anything like the pictures.The pool was dirty so it was closed and they made no attempt to clean it.The hot tub was cold because it need to fixed and they made no attempt to fix it.The lock's on the door was like butter and you couldn't leave anything in your room.We also did not get the room we payed for.The air conditioner did not work and you do not want to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sixxkiller

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel over 10 times. When I stay I never pay more than 50USD per night and they always give me a suite with a kitchenette. It is a local hotel. There is nothing luxurious about it. It is a clean place, to rest your head and sleep. If there is a problem they will change your room. It is right on the beach so if you stay on the ground level all you have to do is walk out of your room and you will be on the beach. The staff is cool, they don't harass you and you can have who ever you want in your room. On thursdays you can go to the jungle night club. There is a straw market and multiple restaurants less than a mile away. There is a guard there at all times. Bring your own towels. They also make good blended juice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Falashade A
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I first want to thank Jean,Deandra andTurlian for the nice time I had there for three weeks!Its a old resort but clean.Kevin is always there to repair things..Water pressure is a problem,but it doesn't take long before its fixed..Jeffery,the security guy at the gate does a fine job always has a smile and is very friendly.. And the man that takes care of the grounds does an excellent job.I do think its a little over priced with all the old towels, sheets ,pillows..Just keep in mind it's old ..Would I stay there again,I certainly would! Many thanks again!

Room Tip: I had one overlooking the beautiful grounds and on the top floor,I loved it..
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Betty995
Reviewed 3 May 2013

the beach is beautiful although if you are not up at the crack of dawn you can forget getting a hood chair or spot for the day. The service for the most part is great and people are friendly. Disappointed by the showers, little water pressure or hot water at any time of day. Beds and linens were also pretty bad - however if you've had a good enough time all day you're so tired you may not even notice :)
Plus why go to jamaica to spend time in your room?
Best part of the condos are the beautiful balconies.

As a tip - be wise about who you ask at the resort about booking excursions or activities, the price is usually jacked up to provide a cut to the middle man and then every person along the way will expect a tip. We went parasailing and were axked by 6 different people for money, above and beyond the $100usd paid for 2 people to parasail for 10 mins (which we finally negotiated 20 mins).

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Courtney B
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We got a room with a sea view, building A. It was amazing. We really enjoyed it. The beach was great. The restaurant next door makes nice breakfast.

Room was big even with kitchen and all stuff for cooking. Clean towels every day. Massive terrace.

No internet in the rooms.

Clean, nice, but ask for a sea view. Some rooms are not nice as we saw.

Room Tip: building A
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sabina B
Reviewed 21 March 2013

my arrival and check-in was quick and easy. I stayed from march 14-18 2013. my hotel room was on the first floor next to the gift shop.Im a seasoned traveler in Negril so if your not picky then book it. the pictures on the site however do not represent the rooms,the beds are hard.the bartender is great and the restaurant lingah by the sea was very good!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank nycfemm
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I still think that the Beach Club has the best beach in Negril.The room rates are quite reasonable and the rooms are clean. The staff is friendly but they often make one feel like they think tourist are a pain the the A__.

I was shocked this year to see that Hotel security was next to nothing. No one is on the beach to stop strangers from entering. The front gate is left unattended more often than not. In 6 weeks I wittnesed only one day with a lifegaurd on duty.

I hope the various owners start practicing an age old business practice of putting 10% of the profits back into the business. Upon arrival my Fridge was leaking onto the floor and it was still leaking when I left. My electric can opener was defective and was replaced with a hand held opener which did not work. It took 4 days to replace my coffee maker.

I did find a couple of gems there. One is that a Jet Ski service is available right on the beach and its run by two very nice guys from Boston. They know how to treat their customers. Anothe is a lady by the name of Opal. She is a liscened Massuse and only charges $40.00 per hour. She is by far the best I have ever experenced. She usually goes extra time. My two daughters got 1 hr. 25mins and 1 hr 15 respectively. I got 1 hr 35 mins. She is located between Merrills 1 and the Grand Pineapple and her # is 876-427-4481.

Room Tip: Get a room from Jean Gaynair. Her room s are called Negril beach club condos.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family