We stayed here in January 2014 as our friends have been staying here for many,many years now.......says something right there.
The Condo rentals:
There are several options at Negril Beach Club. There are Studios w/kitchenettes, 1 or 2 bedrooms with kitchenettes. Some of the condos are in better condition than others as many are privately owned ( so depends what has been put into them), but rented out by local owner/Manager. Contrary to what has been written in a previous review, Jean is a very dedicated person to this property and if you rent from her you WILL be looked after.
We got a studio/kitchenette this year and I was very impressed. Clean, comfy a/c worked, fridge and stove worked great, had an AWESOME coffee maker, microwave etc!! and our view was awesome. The key reason for renting a condo with kitchenette is that you can go and shop in town(which is a 5 minute walk or a $4 cab) to get your booze and food for at least a week. We got a $7 bag of High Mountain coffee which lasted just about 14 days and was fantastic to drink a cup right on our deck and gaze at the beautiful grounds and Ocean......
Buying your own food for breakfasts, lunches and dinner is the way to go. You decide when you want to eat and what you want to eat. You can bring your cooler and drinks to the beach or buy from the bar. Either way cheap. Then later in the afternoon you can wander down 7 Mile Beach and eat and/drink anything you like. The prices vary depending on what you want. So many neat places to check out, but most have excellent prices so it is better than eating at an all inclusive with the same thing day in/day out.
Restaurant/Bar on site:
There were new owners this year who took over the Restaurant/Bar and they were amazing. Food was great and drinks were cheap. We wish them all the best and will see them next year!
NEgril Beach Club has one of the BEST beaches on the 7 Mile Strip. Shade and Sun so a spot for everyone!! There are fellas there who will make sure your chair is clean and sitting in the sand for you every morning as well. They also ensure that you are not bothered by people walking by trying to sell you everything under the sun, however, if you just say "no mon" they nod and move on. No big deal.
The best!! Not too far away from the Live Reggae bars, but far enough that it doesn't keep you up at night EVERY night. 5 min walk into town and close cab rides to the very east end or the Cliffs. So many restaurants and bars to visit and sample that after two years we still have not seen them all. And it's not crowded and crazy either!!! Just neat!!! And sometimes you find a favorite place and go back to it a few times!!!
Going this way is an incredible way to see Jamaica. You get a feel for the people and the beautiful Island.This was our second year and will not be our last. I must also say that it is not a dangerous place. I feel comfortable there. Like anywhere you go, you must be on guard. Common sense needs to be used, travel in groups of two or more after dark and always be aware of what is going on.( I don't walk downtown/sketchy areas in Edmonton in the dark alone, so why do that in a foreign Country!!!!)
For two of us for 14 days from Edmonton, Canada we broke it down as follows:
Flights- $1300 ( waited for great deals and booked online)
Accommodation - $1400 (good idea to contact Jean well ahead of time especially if you go Dec-March which is high season.)
Food/Booze (and we did not suffer AT ALL) - $1400 (budget for $100/day and eat and drink VERY well)
Total = $4100 for 2 weeks of complete relaxation and great times!!
And could be cheaper if we cooked a couple dinners at the condo!!!
Remember to book through Jean Gaynair and she and her lovely staff will give you a great holiday!!!! Until next year..........................
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hi there, it's Jean Gaynair from Negril. I'm the manager of a great collection of condos located at one of the major traditional hotels in Negril. Negril Beach Club Condos is centrally located group of twenty condos with full amenities you would expect at any hotel. We have a pool, full water sports and scuba facilities adjacent, restaurant, snack shop, bar, and plenty of parking. The value we offer is outstanding. The owners of these condo's ask me to market them as a group, and I have my own office there right at the hotel. Once I was involved in the hotel at large, which includes a time-sharing operation. I've spent the majority of my professional career working in this area, and I really know it. I think that is why so many people choose us, as the connections and knowledge of the town add to the value to your experience. Let me put you on a tour or even a jet ski while you're in town. The Negril Beach Club Condo's offer, standard, studio and 2 room condos. All modern with TV, AC, and kitchenettes plus a balcony. We are about 3/4 miles from the Negril Roundabout on the 7 mile beach road, so there's lots of beach to walk. Let us know how we can help you, we enjoy treating our customers as friends, and have always found that this works best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Negril Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Beach Club Hotel Negril
- Negril Beach Hotel Condos
- Negril Beach Resort Condos